HELP (Am I bricked?)

Search This thread

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
I was using Kevin's multi-tool and managed to screw something up (my fault, not the tools). Basically, I formatted the /system partition, and it seems my recovery is gone as well.

My current status is EXPRESS PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.13.0000

Last edited:

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
It seems that if I could find the right RUU file, I could flash it using fastboot. The problem seems that I formatted /system, so there is no way to enable USB Debugging, thus adb doesn't work from fastboot mode.

Could someone tell me which RUU I should try?

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
Reactions: Athisfinest

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
This thread does not belong in development

Due respect (and I do appreciate your work here!), but I totally disagree. The dev sub-forum is filled with people asking questions and help from the software downloaded from here, as well as countless threads about S-Off, downgrading, recovery from brick, etc. The multi-tool is downloaded in this sub-forum. Plus I suspect the people that know about kev's multi-tool that don't read this sub-forum is very small.

I could have posted in General or Q/A, but I doubt I would have had much response.

schadenfroh

Apr 24, 2012
The dev sub-forum is filled with people asking questions and help from the software downloaded from here, as well as countless threads about S-Off, downgrading, recovery from brick, etc. The multi-tool is downloaded in this sub-forum.

There are only 3 pages worth of threads and none of which are about troubleshooting a specific issue. You're not going to get much help if you going to be annoying about getting attention. As you said yourself, the problem isn't the tool's fault so it's not even relevant where you downloaded it. You seem to have a problem following directions. I don't think devs can help you with that. As for the proper RUU, common sense searching will find that.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Oh come on dude. Get on my irc channel. I will be on for another hour and will help you. DO NOT POST ON THIS FORUM about things like this. CONTACT ME

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Due respect (and I do appreciate your work here!), but I totally disagree. The dev sub-forum is filled with people asking questions and help from the software downloaded from here, as well as countless threads about S-Off, downgrading, recovery from brick, etc. The multi-tool is downloaded in this sub-forum. Plus I suspect the people that know about kev's multi-tool that don't read this sub-forum is very small.

I could have posted in General or Q/A, but I doubt I would have had much response.

EVO View 4G Android Development means development ONLY not FAQ.

Here is my irc channel

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=htcevo4gmultifunctiontool

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
There are only 3 pages worth of threads and none of which are about troubleshooting a specific issue. You're not going to get much help if you going to be annoying about getting attention. As you said yourself, the problem isn't the tool's fault so it's not even relevant where you downloaded it. You seem to have a problem following directions. I don't think devs can help you with that. As for the proper RUU, common sense searching will find that.

Thanks for the snarky response, Mr./Ms. Joined 3 Weeks Ago with 0 Thanks. You certainly should consider yourself qualified to determine what and how things go on around here.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to create any more distractions.

MODS please move or remove at your pleasure.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks for the snarky response, Mr./Ms. Joined 3 Weeks Ago with 0 Thanks. You certainly should consider yourself qualified to determine what and how things go on around here.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to create any more distractions.

MODS please move or remove at your pleasure.

just get on my irc channel man. I will help you but PLEASE next time contact me first

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=htcevo4gmultifunctiontool

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

as for you.... remember to read the rules, be considerate man. Both of you are new here. Give him the link or help requested then scold him but not so rough. Send the developer a thing saying hey this guy needs help. K?

:D

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Summary was he has a flyer not a view but its fixed. Yes go ahead and MODS delete this please

klaberte

Jul 19, 2007
Google Pixel 5
Summary was he has a flyer not a view but its fixed. Yes go ahead and MODS delete this please

No I have a evo view 4G. I happen to have a flyer as well. I mentioned the flyer just because I pulled a battery from the flyer to deal with my battery bricked view. And I've been around xda for 5 yrs, not so new...

But like Kev said (and I said in post 7), I'm good now, and the thread can get nuked.

Last edited:
Reactions: kevinrocksman

Top Liked Posts