OFFICAL ICS for o2x is out

Search This thread
E

EricTheLuminant

I don't understand a thing typed up on that page. :p

But if this is real, I will be overjoyed.

redmonke255

Jan 12, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
RC our God will show compassion on us simple folk, for he is gracious and overflowing with ice cream sandwiches and jelly beans.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

jnhsd0319

Aug 23, 2012
Vancouver
RC our God will show compassion on us simple folk, for he is gracious and overflowing with ice cream sandwiches and jelly beans.

Thanks.. but who exactly is RC... I heard about him a lot... he seems very important but Im noobie here

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London
faux123 is also very skilled!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Each n every Dev here is skilled. For me there has always been 3 kind of peoples. People who are end users who just buy the phone and fear to fiddle with it cuz it will void the warranty. Others are power users who doesn't care about warranty and do flashing testing and even sometimes tweaking the code (these are the extreme power users). The last are developers some who add their own logic to the code to add new things and fix things the others are extreme developers (who has the android code in their brains like people in LG and Ricardo and last but never the least Google itself)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: FatalityBoyZahy

Aricrj

Nov 8, 2009
New Orleans
He's the reason we have anything on our phone. He's a true developer, not just someone who can compile pre made work. He lays the basis for all the roms.

Sent from my paranoid Nexus 7.
RC is the cyanogenmod developer who is in charge of the LG devices. But that's not to say everyone else isn't skilled cmon man.

Sent from my LG-G2x using XDA Developers app.

redmonke255

Jan 12, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
RC is the cyanogenmod developer who is in charge of the LG devices. But that's not to say everyone else isn't skilled cmon man.

Sent from my LG-G2x using XDA Developers app.

I didn't mean to say the others aren't skilled. RC just does the forefront of developing while most developers use his work plus other cherry picks. It's way more than I do, for sure.

And I was just talking about rom devs, faux and morfic are amazing kernel devs. Every dev here is awesome, but we need to really credit RC for the huge amount of work he puts into our phone.

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
So what about the news that the Atrix has a leaked official build of ICS now? It's the only other Tegra 2 device that is exactly like our phone. If it would have came out months ago it would have been nice but now that it's out so soon to an official release for the p990 it makes me kind of sad.

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
So what about the news that the Atrix has a leaked official build of ICS now? It's the only other Tegra 2 device that is exactly like our phone. If it would have came out months ago it would have been nice but now that it's out so soon to an official release for the p990 it makes me kind of sad.

Been covered before, the Atrix is a bit too different to be of much help. It's a Tegra 2 but there are some differences.

I'm just concerned if the Korean Su660 is similar enough to the P990, and thus the P999, for its source to be of use, or if we still need to wait for p990 source?

My secondary concern is that there will be additional time/issues getting all this to work on Jelly Bean, which is what the "cool devs" are going to work on anyway.

Blazing angel

Oct 15, 2011
Been covered before, the Atrix is a bit too different to be of much help. It's a Tegra 2 but there are some differences.

I'm just concerned if the Korean Su660 is similar enough to the P990, and thus the P999, for its source to be of use, or if we still need to wait for p990 source?

My secondary concern is that there will be additional time/issues getting all this to work on Jelly Bean, which is what the "cool devs" are going to work on anyway.

It's the same phone, minus a button + an antenna. Besides, the p990 is pretty much a p999 with a different radio and partition, while the su660 is the same with different kernel level changes (as the p990) (or something along these lines. It will get us cm10 though)

Reactions: atb1183

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012

As far as i know, the difference from ICS to JB is MUCH MUCH smaler than GB to ICS. From what ive collected so far, if we got the ics source we will be able to get JB to work almost flawlessly, maybe not perfect, but a normal user like myself wouldnt be able to tell any difference.

To me that is great news :)

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
As far as i know, the difference from ICS to JB is MUCH MUCH smaler than GB to ICS. From what ive collected so far, if we got the ics source we will be able to get JB to work almost flawlessly, maybe not perfect, but a normal user like myself wouldnt be able to tell any difference.

To me that is great news :)

Yes, with source for ICS, JB will run fine.
My Iconia tablet was upgraded to ICS stock, than with the source, the devs pounded out a fully functional JB ROM. I use it as my daily driver.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.lgmobile.co.kr/lgmobile/front/download/retrieveDownloadMain.dev#manual

That link is official ICS update for korean users!!
    So few more days till drivers are out

I don't understand a thing typed up on that page. :p

But if this is real, I will be overjoyed.

The OFFICIAL ics is out for su660. When kernel source cones, p990 can be made stable with the drivers in it. Which will make p999 workable when devs get to it.
    Hence indirectly out of luck g2x got a life.

Sent from my LG-P999
    Thanks.. but who exactly is RC... I heard about him a lot... he seems very important but Im noobie here

He's the reason we have anything on our phone. He's a true developer, not just someone who can compile pre made work. He lays the basis for all the roms.

faux123 is also very skilled!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Each n every Dev here is skilled. For me there has always been 3 kind of peoples. People who are end users who just buy the phone and fear to fiddle with it cuz it will void the warranty. Others are power users who doesn't care about warranty and do flashing testing and even sometimes tweaking the code (these are the extreme power users). The last are developers some who add their own logic to the code to add new things and fix things the others are extreme developers (who has the android code in their brains like people in LG and Ricardo and last but never the least Google itself)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
    What's LG's turnaround for releasing source been like in the past?

The Optimus black's source hit in a couple days.