Tmovil to rogers 4.4.2 is safe to flash?

Search This thread

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
Hi everyone, i got a question, i hope someone can help me whit this,

After read everything about flash and brick and not downgrade firmware i got the question...

Can i flash the complete rogers firmware over the tmovil firmware?

The two firmwares are in 4.4.2 and the bootloader versions are the same ..... In that case it will probably safe?

Thanks to all... :)

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Hi everyone, i got a question, i hope someone can help me whit this,

After read everything about flash and brick and not downgrade firmware i got the question...

Can i flash the complete rogers firmware over the tmovil firmware?

The two firmwares are in 4.4.2 and the bootloader versions are the same ..... In that case it will probably safe?

Thanks to all... :)

I would suggest flashing only the rogers system.img and keep you existing modem intact. There's several folks who have had no data connections after flashing the entire sbf firmware from other carriers. Always use your native modem.
Which carrier are you on?
Which firmware are you running now?

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
In fact my original model are 1058 .... First i flash at&t in 4.2.2 later flash tmovil and get the 4.4.2 ota, now my phone got the 1053 model number... Whatever.... In both cases i got all signal and no issues with 4g bands... I known the rogers modem are compatible with the chilean network so thats not will be a proble.. My concern is not brick my phone D:

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
In fact my original model are 1058 .... First i flash at&t in 4.2.2 later flash tmovil and get the 4.4.2 ota, now my phone got the 1053 model number... Whatever.... In both cases i got all signal and no issues with 4g bands... I known the rogers modem are compatible with the chilean network so thats not will be a proble.. My concern is not brick my phone D:

So you're already on 4.4.2? Why the Rogers firmware?

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
Thats because the battery save option stops works after flashing tmovile firmware.... I think its because the diferent model number, i never rooted my phone or something always as been on 100% stock firmwares...... :/

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Thats because the battery save option stops works after flashing tmovile firmware.... I think its because the diferent model number, i never rooted my phone or something always as been on 100% stock firmwares...... :/

Your not answering my questions so no don't flash any other firmware you'll brick your device

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
I want to flash rogers because is the same model number of my phone.... I think that will repair again the option of save battery ..... ????

Thank you very much for your time dude.... :)

Steve-x

Sep 28, 2013
Langley, BC
If your bootloader is unlocked, you're already running 4.4.2 with bootloader 30.B4 and you have XT1058 hardware then there should be no problems flashing the full Rogers 4.4.2 if that is what you would like to do.

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
If your bootloader is unlocked, you're already running 4.4.2 with bootloader 30.B4 and you have XT1058 hardware then there should be no problems flashing the full Rogers 4.4.2 if that is what you would like to do.

I think that too... Just i want to be shure.... I dont want my phone dead ... XD .... Thank you for your help..... :)..... Tomorrow i will try to flash rogers (cross fingers)

jriverac1986

Oct 16, 2013
Its safe to flash....now im on rogers firmware but still doesnt work the save battery option.... I dont know why is that....

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

D

Darth

Its safe to flash....now im on rogers firmware but still doesnt work the save battery option.... I dont know why is that....

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

You're not missing out.....the battery savings are minimal at best. I wouldn't be concerned about that feature.

Sent from my Moto X cellular telephone...