Installing ICS directly from Google

Search This thread

svenvaeth

Dec 27, 2008
Zurich
After reading all the postings about official ICS update from Sony, I just wonder whether it would be possible to just install ICS as a customized rom, the official Google version respectively. I mean, I could deal with losing all the Sony features. Did the same with my Arc S and it works properly.

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
After reading all the postings about official ICS update from Sony, I just wonder whether it would be possible to just install ICS as a customized rom, the official Google version respectively. I mean, I could deal with losing all the Sony features. Did the same with my Arc S and it works properly.
Yep, we'd definitely need at least root and probably a working Custom Recovery too. A modded kernel would make things easier too, all of which are quite a feat to accomplish. At the moment, until we get root, we'll just have to make do with whatever official updates we get.

Reactions: smakcc

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Would it be possible now? After the rooting? =)
as unclespoon mentioned, the short answer is no.

Root allows developers and users more access to their system, but the Tablet would need a custom bootloader and recovery before we could get anywhere on this kind of thing, both of which are a very serious undertaking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep, we'd definitely need at least root and probably a working Custom Recovery too. A modded kernel would make things easier too, all of which are quite a feat to accomplish. At the moment, until we get root, we'll just have to make do with whatever official updates we get.