iPhone accessories on LG Optimus G

Search This thread

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
It's not a "standard" 3.5mm jack, it is a TRRS 3.5mm connector.

The pinout of the TRRS on the iPhone is not the same as most of android devices. So, most of the time, the iPhone accessories won't work on most Android devices. Mic won't work, controllers won't work and sound could be distrorted.

That is why I ask people with iPhones compatible accessories to test it out. If it works, it could mean a whole new possibilities for accesories, like those:
http://dx.com/c/iphone-ipad-ipod-299/speakers-microphone-200

D

Deleted member 5006141

I received one of those phone handsets that plug into the headphone as a gift, and it turned out it doesn't work with my Optimus G. Well, at least now I know...

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
You mean you received an iPhone headset and tried it on the Optimus G?

Nothing at all works? Or just one specific part?

I tried with a pair of OEM Apple headset, the sound and the control was working, but not the mic nor the vol+/-

D

Deleted member 5006141

You mean you received an iPhone headset and tried it on the Optimus G?

Nothing at all works? Or just one specific part?

I tried with a pair of OEM Apple headset, the sound and the control was working, but not the mic nor the vol+/-
Well, it's a phone handset, which plugs into any phone. It's not specifically made for the iPhone. The speaker works, but the mic doesn't.

adobomb

Sep 7, 2010
I just wanted to confirm that my Sony MDR-EX38IP will only work to listen to music, no audio controls and no mic functionality.

Mar 31, 2013
Probably it won't work on other devices.... It's strange that goes on your G!
But if you need something similar i think that if you search you can find it... It must be a normal 3.5jack

jekostas

Mar 30, 2011
Canada
Most newer Android phones will be fine with iPhone headsets, at least with partial functionality. The OMTP (Sony and LG, some Samsung) standard was phased out beginning last year, and most new phones will use the CTIA plug standard, which is what the iPhone uses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not a "standard" 3.5mm jack, it is a TRRS 3.5mm connector.

The pinout of the TRRS on the iPhone is not the same as most of android devices. So, most of the time, the iPhone accessories won't work on most Android devices. Mic won't work, controllers won't work and sound could be distrorted.

That is why I ask people with iPhones compatible accessories to test it out. If it works, it could mean a whole new possibilities for accesories, like those:
    http://dx.com/c/iphone-ipad-ipod-299/speakers-microphone-200