Root without computer

Search This thread

Reclused

Jan 13, 2013
San Francisco
Hi,

So I am wondering if it is possible to root the international S3 without a computer. I am running Swedish stock 4.1.1.

I am not new to android but I am new to xda. The reason I am asking is because I am currently backpacking in Australia and I need to root so I can get the latest update + fix a bunch problems.

With me I have a Asus transformer Eeepad if it helps at all wich I doubt.

Thanks in advance all you helpfull xda members.

Regards Reclused

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
If you have another device there is an app that can root from another phone... I'll look for it and post the link

Strange.. I have it installed but not showing anywhere for a link. Search root transmission here in the forums. You'll find it
*The Ninj-ESS*

Last edited:
Reactions: Reclused

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Thank you very much. You have saved me!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

How would you do that, rooting one device with another rooted device and not use Odin/Mobile Odin? Can`t think of a way right now.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Oh but the other devices are not rooted either :/ Any other idea's?

Imo impossible, you always need Odin to install SU and/or CWM. If you can run that from a tablet it is oke.

-EDIT- Here is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014121, but not for the international S3 atm, not supported yet.

Last edited:

Reclused

Jan 13, 2013
San Francisco
Thanks a lot, I hope they figure it out soon for the international one.

The thing is that I want the latest update on my s3 but I can't get it OTA because it is "changed" status. So I figured I would root it and flash the latest stock version via mobile Odin. But can I root the TF101 without a computer and then use the root transmission perhaps? It has the latest version 9.2.1.27 ICS.

Reclused

Jan 13, 2013
San Francisco
Oh i saw u linked the root transmission app link sorry for misunderstanding. Okay it seems I'm ****ad... :/ Thanks for all your help. Anyways.

IamIrene

Mar 15, 2011
Use exynos abused to root, just install the apk and click root

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have another device there is an app that can root from another phone... I'll look for it and post the link

Strange.. I have it installed but not showing anywhere for a link. Search root transmission here in the forums. You'll find it
    *The Ninj-ESS*
    Thank you very much. You have saved me!!

How would you do that, rooting one device with another rooted device and not use Odin/Mobile Odin? Can`t think of a way right now.

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Oh but the other devices are not rooted either :/ Any other idea's?

Imo impossible, you always need Odin to install SU and/or CWM. If you can run that from a tablet it is oke.

-EDIT- Here is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2014121, but not for the international S3 atm, not supported yet.
    Use exynos abused to root, just install the apk and click root

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium