[Q] Something maybe between Brick and Bootloop

Search This thread

Masterjatin

Mar 23, 2014
Anyone who can answer,
I own a Swipe Legend. Its specifications are listed below.
I last did 2 things due to which it may have happened.
1. I was using ROM Toolbox Pro to change my font and backup old. I didn't like the new font so restored my old one. But there were too many fonts in the backup, so I thought they were in different uses. I selected all and rebooted. My battery suddenly dropped to about 25% from 48% during changing font some minutes before, and the brightness of pre-boot image was high, I plugged it during that image. Rest is in 2nd reason why I think it could have happened.
2. I put it on charger, forgot it and slept. Later after about 4 hours or so, I did unplug it but it is not working since then. However, this has happened a couple of times with me.
I hope you can help.
Problem: Sorry for not stating the problem first, but I am putting in sequence of time.
Whenever I start it, I can do just 4 things:-
1.See the pre-boot image
2.See the boot animation(the reason I can not show it, as it shows that my phone was rooted. Other reason is that the 1 year warranty is over)
3.Go to the recovery mode
4.See the 'Android is upgrading....' screen
After the 'Android is upgrading....' screen, it goes back to boot animation, then back to the 'Android is upgrading....' screen, and finally after some time screen gets off and I can not turn it on, although I can turn on light of the buttons by power button. Screen gets on for battery notification, and I can see the 'Android is upgrading....' screen. I can always take it to recovery mode, but can not switch it off once it is on so I have to wait for battery to finish. So it may not be bootloop, because that happens just 1 time when it goes back to boot animation. It is also not bricked, as it can do the 4 things.
Solutions already tried:
1. I have hard reset the phone at first.
2. I tried adb and fastboot but they do not recognize my device, maybe due to resetting of USB debugging option after the reset
3. No ROM or CWM is available on my phone, after searching and even using Goo manager
4. I tried removing the SD card after reset, but condition is same
About the phone:-
Name: Swipe Legend
Model: Alps hexxing77_ics2
Android: v4.0.4
Memory: 4GB ROM+32GB SD+512MB RAM
Processor: 2x1.5GHz Dual core(But I think it to be 1GHz dual core due to analysis by apps like Pi)
Screen: 7 inch
Pixels: 800*480
Status: Originally rooted, but maybe root is lost after reset
Already experienced reset: Yes, but it was not rooted by that time
USB Debugging: Was on last time, but maybe offed after factory reset
More details: I can not get the links but it can be searched on amazon or a site like naaptol.com.(I'm from India so don't know any shopping sites of other countries)
If any detail is missing, you may ask.
Please help if you can

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Dump your recovery image
Go to builder.clockworkmod.com
Upload the image there
Get cwm for your phone

Press thanks :good: I'd helped :highfive:

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And yes
Take a backup of rom if are able to boot

Masterjatin

Mar 23, 2014
Dump your recovery image
Go to builder.clockworkmod.com
Upload the image there
Get cwm for your phone

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And yes
Take a backup of rom if are able to boot

This seems good, but I don't have anything like recovery image. I once took a backup of user data but even that's corrupted. Is there any way to get the recovery image for my phone or it needs to be compiled by myself? Actually, I don't know much about recoveries and such things.

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Use the command
dd if=/dev/recoverypartition of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Only you need to know the recoverypartition
It may be something like mmblck0p1
Only the numbers vary
Has your phone booted?

Masterjatin

Mar 23, 2014
Use the command
dd if=/dev/recoverypartition of=/sdcard/recovery.img

Only you need to know the recoverypartition
It may be something like mmblck0p1
Only the numbers vary
Has your phone booted?

Thats the only problem.
I can not enter any sort of command line.
Terminal: Not possible unless phone boots properly
ADB: Does not detect my phone
Another problem is my internet connection, due to it I can not access internet anytime.