[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Android Open Source Project 'master'-branch builds

To which webhost-service should I upload this ROM?

• Google Drive

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • MEGA

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
INFO ABOUT THIS STUFF

DISCLAIMER
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]/*
*This is not stable AOSP! It's an unstable version!
*Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
* thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
* unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
* concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
* choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
* for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. */[/COLOR]

WHAT IS THIS?!
This is our beloved Stock Vanilla Android as we know it - but instead of taking Android Open Source Project's projects from the latest stable branch called Android 4.4.2 revision 2, I changed the default branch in the manifest to "master", so that these builds always include the latest and greatest stuff from the Android Open Source Project - before Google's Android team releases a stable version of it.

WHAT IS THIS MYSTERIOUS "master"-BRANCH?!
All new commits to the AOSP go right into the "master"- branch and - to make a very long story really short - when an important bug fix or a bunch of new stably working features got committed and Google feels like it, it publishes a new version of the amazing Stock Vanilla Android which includes all the new additions previously committed to the "master"-branch.

RELEASE CYCLES
I will probably stick to (half-) weekly updates, except there got some new great features or really important bug fixes introduced into AOSP which I suddenly want to have in my builds. You don't need to do anything else than just the usual update procedure like described down below (see "UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM").​

INSTALLATION
SUPPORTED CUSTOM RECOVERIES

HOW TO SETUP ADB (&FASTBOOT) DRIVERS ON WINDOWS 7/8
  1. Follow this guide
  2. Navigate to '~/sdk/platform-tools' and copy all the files below the two folders "api" and "systrace"
  3. Navigate to '~/Windows' and paste them in here, so that you can use adb&fastboot from anywhere on your PC

Linux&Mac users: Google around a bit to see how to install adb&fastboot on your OS

FIRST INSTALLATION OF THIS DUDE
  1. If coming from another ROM than AOSP/Stock Android, do a factory reset via custom recovery
  2. Download the latest build of this ROM down below
  3. Download the latest version of the GApps of your choice (I recommend ParanoidAndroid's)
  4. Put the GApps-file on your Nexus 4's internal memory or sideload them later
  5. Boot into fastboot mode
  6. Open cmd/terminal on your PC/Mac/Laptop and type
    Code:
    [B]cd ~/path/to/the/downloaded/file
    fastboot flash system system.img[/B]
  7. Boot into the custom recovery
  8. Wipe cache + dalvik cache
  9. Install GApps.zip from your Nexus 4's virtual sdcard or sideload the .zip file via
    Code:
    [B]adb sideload[/B] '[B]file-name[/B]'.[B]zip[/B]
    from your computer
  10. Wipe cache + dalvik cache
  11. Reboot into system

UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM
Just do the same as written above! - but you may leave step "1." out.​

DOWNLOADS
  • system.img
    1. build is getting compiled
    2. build is getting uploaded
    3. build is available for download
  • ParanoidAndroid's GApps

CHANGELOGS

LATEST AOSP-VERSION
Line from the build.prop of my latest Stock Vanilla Android build, indicating Android Version and build date + time:
Code:
ro.build.display.id=aosp_mako-userdebug 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 OPENMASTER eng.iH8ra!n.20140317.154119 test-keys

CREDTIS
ParanoidAndroid/AOSPA (Google Apps packages&modules)
Android Open Source Project (gives our lifes a sense)
All of you awesome users of this ROM (for support)
Google (gives our lifes a second sense)
Google Drive (hosting)​

Last edited:

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
Build is finally up!

Hi dudes! :p
Build is finally up, downloadable and installable as described in OP! :fingers-crossed:

Enjoy! :laugh::good:

astaccz

Jul 15, 2010
I tried 3 tims to flash system.img. Followed directions to the T. Its not booting past google screen. I even tried flashing a kernel

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
New build

Hi Dudes! :)
A new build is getting uploaded ATM ! ,)
Hopefully fixes bootloop...!!! :fingers-crossed:

Stay tuned! :D

EDIT: It's up! Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

iH8ra!n

Jul 13, 2012
Cologne
New build

Hi Dudes!
Easter holidays are now over (sadly) here in Germany, and so, I have time again for this project! :)
A new build is compiling with a huge, huge number of new commits (take a look here) to see what kind of changes have exactly been made in the past two weeks! :cyclops:

Just stay tuned and expect it in about 1 1/2 hours! :p

Cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INFO ABOUT THIS STUFF

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    [COLOR="Red"]/*
    *This is not stable AOSP! It's an unstable version!
    *Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
    * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
    * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
    * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
    * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh. */[/COLOR]

WHAT IS THIS?!
    This is our beloved Stock Vanilla Android as we know it - but instead of taking Android Open Source Project's projects from the latest stable branch called Android 4.4.2 revision 2, I changed the default branch in the manifest to "master", so that these builds always include the latest and greatest stuff from the Android Open Source Project - before Google's Android team releases a stable version of it.

WHAT IS THIS MYSTERIOUS "master"-BRANCH?!
    All new commits to the AOSP go right into the "master"- branch and - to make a very long story really short - when an important bug fix or a bunch of new stably working features got committed and Google feels like it, it publishes a new version of the amazing Stock Vanilla Android which includes all the new additions previously committed to the "master"-branch.

RELEASE CYCLES
    I will probably stick to (half-) weekly updates, except there got some new great features or really important bug fixes introduced into AOSP which I suddenly want to have in my builds. You don't need to do anything else than just the usual update procedure like described down below (see "UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM").​

INSTALLATION
    SUPPORTED CUSTOM RECOVERIES

HOW TO SETUP ADB (&FASTBOOT) DRIVERS ON WINDOWS 7/8
    1. Follow this guide
    2. Navigate to '~/sdk/platform-tools' and copy all the files below the two folders "api" and "systrace"
    3. Navigate to '~/Windows' and paste them in here, so that you can use adb&fastboot from anywhere on your PC

Linux&Mac users: Google around a bit to see how to install adb&fastboot on your OS

FIRST INSTALLATION OF THIS DUDE
    1. If coming from another ROM than AOSP/Stock Android, do a factory reset via custom recovery
    2. Download the latest build of this ROM down below
    3. Download the latest version of the GApps of your choice (I recommend ParanoidAndroid's)
    4. Put the GApps-file on your Nexus 4's internal memory or sideload them later
    5. Boot into fastboot mode
    6. Open cmd/terminal on your PC/Mac/Laptop and type
      Code:
      [B]cd ~/path/to/the/downloaded/file
      fastboot flash system system.img[/B]
    7. Boot into the custom recovery
    8. Wipe cache + dalvik cache
    9. Install GApps.zip from your Nexus 4's virtual sdcard or sideload the .zip file via
      Code:
      [B]adb sideload[/B] '[B]file-name[/B]'.[B]zip[/B]
      from your computer
    10. Wipe cache + dalvik cache
    11. Reboot into system

UPGRADING TO A NEW BUILD OF THIS ROM
    Just do the same as written above! - but you may leave step "1." out.​

DOWNLOADS
    • system.img
      1. build is getting compiled
      2. build is getting uploaded
      3. build is available for download
    • ParanoidAndroid's GApps

CHANGELOGS

LATEST AOSP-VERSION
    Line from the build.prop of my latest Stock Vanilla Android build, indicating Android Version and build date + time:
    Code:
    ro.build.display.id=aosp_mako-userdebug 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 OPENMASTER eng.iH8ra!n.20140317.154119 test-keys

CREDTIS
    ParanoidAndroid/AOSPA (Google Apps packages&modules)
    Android Open Source Project (gives our lifes a sense)
    All of you awesome users of this ROM (for support)
    Google (gives our lifes a second sense)
    Google Drive (hosting)​
    Thread temporarily closed until the ROM is downloadable, as XDA does not allow placeholder threads.
    @iH8ra!n, as soon as your build is uplaoded and you have a DL link, just report this thread and ask for it ti be re-opened ;)

Thanks for your understanding