Confused about if there's root for 4.4 etc

Search This thread

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Head over to the motopie thread. Read it. Here's is what you need to do in the order you need to do it.

Root w/pie
Run motowpnomo
Install SU to system.
Verify root
Update to 4.4/19.6.3

Then tell him unless he wants to lose system write access, stay on 19.6.3.

That's what you have to do. It's up to you to read the many threads that explain how to do this.

Reactions: TheDroidURLookinFor

TheDroidURLookinFor

Dec 17, 2010
Head over to the motopie thread. Read it. Here's is what you need to do in the order you need to do it.

Root w/pie
Run motowpnomo
Install SU to system.
Verify root
Update to 4.4/19.6.3

Then tell him unless he wants to lose system write access, stay on 19.6.3.

That's what you have to do. It's up to you to read the many threads that explain how to do this.

Dumb question...Is there a particular folder to package 1.1 in?

jenkies

Jul 29, 2010
Wewahitchka, Fl
I'm assuming this method will work with 4.4.4 just the same? I just downgrade, follow instructions, etc., right?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dogie425

Apr 11, 2014
Alma, a
You can root with jcase pie then us moto wp no mo to get write protect off but both require using the adb and some persistence. I'm not great with adb but managed to do it on my ultra . will help with the commands if you want . pie only works on 4.4 and as far as I know there is no way to downgrade from 4.4.4

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Mine ota'd after I rooted and wp off ed and everything was fine and left intact, but I can't say the same will work for you

Last edited:

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
How likely is that? Would I be better off finding a different phone?

jenkies
My opinion? No, keep the Maxx and root (if you can and are on 4.4, if not, disregard). So far I've liked my Maxx the best of any android phone I've had (Droid X, S3, HTC DNA, Note 2, S4, G2) because it is so close to stock android. It's basically why I rooted and rommed in the first place on those phones. Plus, the radio in this phone is incredible. Spanks my other phones hands down.

Sent from my DROID Maxx

rboutin2

Nov 3, 2010
Maybe a stupid question, but I'm about to root my repalcement Maxx (bad speaker on current one). What is the advantages of disabling write protection? I root mostly to use wifi tethering and to use titanium backup to backup my app data. Will I still be able to do these with wp on?

TheDroidURLookinFor

Dec 17, 2010
Maybe a stupid question, but I'm about to root my repalcement Maxx (bad speaker on current one). What is the advantages of disabling write protection? I root mostly to use wifi tethering and to use titanium backup to backup my app data. Will I still be able to do these with wp on?

You need to disable write protection to make it stick. If not you loose everything after a reboot.

Top Liked Posts