[App][Update 6.23.11]Sony's Panorama Beta! - Lots of Phones Added - HD2 (AMRv7)

Search This thread

jimbo77

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi Everyone!

Have you seen how the new Sony's Cameras capture Panorama Photos by moving the Camera all the way the scene you want to capture?

Well today a beta app developed by Sony can do that in our Mobile Phones...

I've found the app in the original thread for a X10 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1116055 and i've corrected the script so we can also enjoy this beauty app...

DISCLAIMER!!!

Always do a back first in case it breaks anything and i'm not responsible if anything happens to your house, your town, your country or your dog... Use it at your own risk though it doesn't mean a major threat since the propetary files go to framework without breaking recovery or something else...

Instructions:

1.- Download and flash through CWM 3+ this script:

1.1 - Download Script

The script contains two SE Propietary files needed for the app to work.

2.- Download and install the attached app named:com.sonyericsson.panorama.apk

Install the app normally through any explorer like a side load.

3.- Enjoy!

Attached you may also find a few pictures taken it really works good on daylight!

UPDATE June 23rd!!!

Specific Mount Points for different devices AND the APK is already in the flashable ZIP...

------> Somehow i screwed the installer .apk when attaching it to the .zip for each phone, please flash the Zip and then install the apk... Sorry for that guys!

For Non Rooted Phones!! Thanks to droidrx! --> NEW

Glad my work? Buy me a Beer! :)

Attachments

• 2011_0614_171339.jpg
    2011_0614_171339.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 39,764
  • 2011_0616_140028.jpg
    2011_0616_140028.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 14,032
  • com.sonyericsson.panorama.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 14,882
Last edited:

este548

Apr 24, 2010
Bratislava
That's awesome and so cool, was waiting for this one to appear here and this is why I love this forum so much.

Allow me a dumb question - what is cwm3+ and how to do this "flash through CWM 3+ this script". Or point me to a xda thread where it is already explained. Thanks.

Edit: Figured that out already, works fine with DHD, stock rom 2.2.

Edit 2: I was happy too early, I can launch the app, select a direction and begin panning, sometimes the app just quits with no save, or it lets me hit the stop button and it saves a file, but the file saved is with green stripes.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBS720

starbase64

Apr 3, 2007
Hi,

works fine on Desire HD with Cyanogen Mod 7 nightly 106.

with friendly greet

starbase64

Attachments

• 2011_0621_194933.jpg
    2011_0621_194933.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9,388

tohg2

Mar 10, 2011
The zip flashed fine but the app won't install. Stock rooted 2.3.4 any ideas? After attempting install is just says app did not install.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok!

Let me investigate and see what i can do!

Thanks for testing :D

I hope i get this working for all of us too :)

J!M

Edit 1: I've modified the script using specific mount points for the Nexus S and for the Evo Shift... Can you Test and then try to install the apk once again please?

Let me know if this works!

Attachments

• panorama-fix-z2_Nexus_S_signed.zip
    296.4 KB · Views: 703
  • panorama-fix-z_Shift.zip
    296.3 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

hyperteiL

Dec 11, 2008
Same on my Desire with Gingervillain (2.3.4)... Would be nice if you can fix this :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

seriosbrad

Sep 2, 2010
Alberta
panorama-fix-z2_Nexus_S_signed.zip worked on my Nexus S

It's pretty cool and extremely easy to use. However the images don't come out very nice most of the time lol. Mainly the left and right side, but those sides were about 3 feet away from where I was standing and I turned 90 degrees basically.

Also the flash doesn't seem to work

Attachments

• 2011_0621_163118.jpg
    2011_0621_163118.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,270
Last edited:

mykegger

Oct 20, 2008
Installs and works on my N1, but says it cannot save the image.

This message has been approved by Skynet.

jimbo77

Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Really interesting app.
The flash is ok but the apk not installed on desire HD with virtuous rom 1.25. Sorry

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Thats weird it seems it worked for someone in a HD before. I'll see if i can modify the script to make it work in your phone....

Thanka for all the testing people!!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rene_ajax

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone!

Have you seen how the new Sony's Cameras capture Panorama Photos by moving the Camera all the way the scene you want to capture?

Well today a beta app developed by Sony can do that in our Mobile Phones...

I've found the app in the original thread for a X10 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1116055 and i've corrected the script so we can also enjoy this beauty app...

DISCLAIMER!!!

Always do a back first in case it breaks anything and i'm not responsible if anything happens to your house, your town, your country or your dog... Use it at your own risk though it doesn't mean a major threat since the propetary files go to framework without breaking recovery or something else...

Instructions:

1.- Download and flash through CWM 3+ this script:

1.1 - Download Script

The script contains two SE Propietary files needed for the app to work.

2.- Download and install the attached app named:com.sonyericsson.panorama.apk

Install the app normally through any explorer like a side load.

3.- Enjoy!

Attached you may also find a few pictures taken it really works good on daylight!

UPDATE June 23rd!!!

Specific Mount Points for different devices AND the APK is already in the flashable ZIP...

------> Somehow i screwed the installer .apk when attaching it to the .zip for each phone, please flash the Zip and then install the apk... Sorry for that guys!

For Non Rooted Phones!! Thanks to droidrx! --> NEW

Glad my work? Buy me a Beer! :)
    For those who can't install the jar file, I integrated the jar code into this APK. Non-rooted devices can install it as long as they have sideloading enabled.
    First, thanks for your work !
    But I can't make the apk to install on an HD2 under Ginger 2.3.4 HoneyComB V31
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13458657#post13458657
    How can I do it ?
    Thanks in advance

I got it to install by changing the mount points in the original panorama-fix-z_signed that was posted.
    I am running HyperDroidCM7 on my HD2 so I do not know if other roms change the mount points since other HD2
    users have reported it as working correctly. This is how I got the app to install.

attached is panorama-fix-z_signed-hyperdroid-cm7-hd2 this is what worked for me. so anyone else please be advised

for anyone interested, here are the mount points.

• /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    • /dev/block/mtdblock5 /data
    • /dev/block/mtdblock4 /mnt

if the OP wants to adjust his original zip or put this somewhere please do. i don't want to hijack the thread - just want to help out :)
    Ok!

Let me investigate and see what i can do!

Thanks for testing :D

I hope i get this working for all of us too :)

J!M

Edit 1: I've modified the script using specific mount points for the Nexus S and for the Evo Shift... Can you Test and then try to install the apk once again please?

Let me know if this works!
    i have the same problem, cannot save pictures :(

i used file expert with root privileges to manually give rights to the apk in /system/app i just checked all the boxes (equivalent of chmodding and giving the apk 777) but that's the way i did it and it worked.