[ROM][2.3.5]KK4 Saurom Ed. 16locks|15toggles|14Power| ONE CLICK ADDED

Search This thread

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Hi all. I just searched for info on switching from teamhacksung's ICS but only got one hit. has anyone switched from it to this? Oxi I see you did, I used full wipe but get locked at the Google screen from teamhacksung's rom.

Yes I cleared all (more then once). Don't normally have issues like this:confused: Tho I've never come from ICS before either:p

kafepuya

Aug 3, 2011
St. Cloud
I would be very interested in how this turned out kafepuya as well. I have been plagued by this "Search" soft key issue off and on for quite some time, on multiple ROMS.

Sorry I didn't report, but I am serial flasher, and just flashed another ROM. Just want to point out that I was having this problem on Saurom JVZ, not kk4. Also, I had been running the ROM for almost 3 Weeks before the issue with the search key popped up, so I don't think the ROM had anything with it.

@tomween, I have read somewhere that coming back from ICS to GB is the same process as coming back from CM7 to other GB roms. Can someone elaborate on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

ChuckDaEngineer

Mar 19, 2011
Tampa
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi all. I just searched for info on switching from teamhacksung's ICS but only got one hit. has anyone switched from it to this? Oxi I see you did, I used full wipe but get locked at the Google screen from teamhacksung's rom.

Yes I cleared all (more then once). Don't normally have issues like this:confused: Tho I've never come from ICS before either:p
You will need to go back to stock to flash from Teamhacksung's ICS since it is MTD and uses a different file structure. This ROM is great and well worth the effort. Do a return to stock and flash away.
Good Luck.

sikstiks

Mar 2, 2011
Winnipeg
Sorry I didn't report, but I am serial flasher, and just flashed another ROM. Just want to point out that I was having this problem on Saurom JVZ, not kk4. Also, I had been running the ROM for almost 3 Weeks before the issue with the search key popped up, so I don't think the ROM had anything with it.
Not a worry,
I am inclined to do the same, flash to another ROM. Seems to pop up intermittently here and there as I experiment with different ROMS. Would be awesome to simply eliminate the issue all together. Will try it out when it rears it's ugliness again.
Thanks anyways,

Happy Crackflashin'!!! :D

greygoose425

Nov 24, 2008
Not a worry,
I am inclined to do the same, flash to another ROM. Seems to pop up intermittently here and there as I experiment with different ROMS. Would be awesome to simply eliminate the issue all together. Will try it out when it rears it's ugliness again.
Thanks anyways,

Happy Crackflashin'!!! :D

I've had the same search key issue for a while now. The problem started way back with Fasty 1.7 (froyo) and has been present in every GB rom I've flashed (Serenity, Illuminance and Saurom). I get at least one false press a day and sometimes it goes crazy and the phone becomes pretty much unusable. I have to lock the screen and wait 5-10 minutes before the problem goes away. I've done a master clear and flashed every rom from stock, I've also tried doing the firmware update with every rom and it has yet to help. I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue. My phone is a 1012 build, I wonder if everyone else with this issue has the same build?..... I so wish I could find a solution.

EDIT:
When I do a touch key FW update I get "Update Complete: PASS"

Phone's touch key FW version: 0xa9
Part's Touch key FW version: 0x17

Do you all get the same?

Last edited:

c0ldburn3r

Nov 2, 2010
Wet Side of Washington
I've had the same search key issue for a while now. The problem started way back with Fasty 1.7 (froyo) and has been present in every GB rom I've flashed (Serenity, Illuminance and Saurom). I get at least one false press a day and sometimes it goes crazy and the phone becomes pretty much unusable. I have to lock the screen and wait 5-10 minutes before the problem goes away. I've done a master clear and flashed every rom from stock, I've also tried doing the firmware update with every rom and it has yet to help. I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue. My phone is a 1012 build, I wonder if everyone else with this issue has the same build?..... I so wish I could find a solution.

EDIT:

Do you all get the same?

Actually this isn't a rom issue. Would have to do some google searching but there's actually moisture behind your screen. Mines done it from day one on stock and custom.

Reactions: greygoose425

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles

EDIT:

Do you all get the same?

Yup thats it if you still have the search issue then maybe its moisture piled up inside the touchkey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Reactions: greygoose425

greygoose425

Nov 24, 2008
Thanks for the quick responses. I'll leave my phone in a zip-lock bag full of rice tonight to see if can draw out the moisture. I'll post my results after a few days.

golfslicer

Sep 19, 2009
New Signal Bar

I been playing with the signal bar again and I discovered that the KK4 version of the captivate actually has 10 signal strengths with the first two at 0 bars. So I created a new signal bar with 8 bars. 2 bars would actually be 1 bar with the 4 bar signal. No need for different colors since each step is now a bar. 1 gray bar means you have less than a bar, but still have a signal. Totally blacked out, you may not be able to make a call. If you like it say thanks. It really gives you a better visual picture of your actual signal.

Note: 10 bars will be way to small to fit.

Attached is a screenshot. The green one has been updated, screen shot attached.

Attachments

• snap20120110_190208.jpg
    snap20120110_190208.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 215
  • KK4-DropdownMod2HorizBlue.zip
    993.5 KB · Views: 21
  • KK4-DropdownMod2HorizGreen.zip
    987 KB · Views: 10
  • snap20120111_173801.jpg
    snap20120111_173801.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Reactions: jackpham

jackpham

Jul 9, 2009
Ho Chi Minh
New Signal Bar - KK4 Mod 5 bars Blue

New Signal Bar - KK4 Mod 5 bars Blue
New Icon Toggles
ICS Themes

20120110140354Copy.png
20120110143500Copy.png
20120110144146Copy.png

Attachments

• 20120111100335.jpg
    20120111100335.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 20120111100357.jpg
    20120111100357.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Reactions: DAGr8

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Good day, I've a question for those using ADW EX launcher. Has anyone had issues having your setting stick on Saurom or is it do to their newest update?

Thanks

PS I am very familiar w/ ADWs workings, I've used it for over a year.

moymike

Nov 18, 2010
Oklahoma City
adw

No problems with ADW Ex here, although I have mixed feelings about ADW's new Folders and Dock.

I fixed my dock by assigning a theme to it, and as for the folders, once you get your launcher screens set, lock the screen. It was nice once you modified the set up pop up to just the options you most use. This is done via:
adw settings/general behavior/system preferences/customize menu

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
very easy yo go back and forward from cm pics or miii gud.. use the one click...

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Reactions: jackpham

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOTR Presents :

HEIMDALL ONE CLICK
    (Full Rom Non Wipe with bootloaders)
    S A U R O M ' 1 Click '

Full Wipe :
    S A U R O M - WIPE

sauronteamtest1.png

IF YOU ARE ON YOUR PHONE USE FIREFOX MOBILE or Opera mobile TO DOWNLOAD FROM FILESONIC ( both Free Market app )

Featuring

1. Corn Kernel
    2. 100 % kk4 Based
    3. Kk4 Modem
    4. 100 % unthemed
    5. ICS theme (as well as revert to unthemed) here
    6. more themes to come

Lockscreens features

1. Rings (sgs2 music widget + Weather + custom app + sgs2 missed events )
    2. Epic
    3. Epic 2.0 (sgs2 music widget )
    4. MIUI
    5. MIUI 2.0 (sgs2 music widget )
    6. SGSII
    7. Glass
    8. Puzzle
    9. Rotary ( non functional volume tab)
    10. R2-D2 (sgs2 music widget )
    11. Four Tab (sgs2 music widget )
    12. JKAY MOD (customizable up to 6 tabs)
    13. Rotary Revamped (sgs2 music widget + Weather + custom app + sgs2 missed events )
    14. Lense (sgs2 music widget + Weather + sgs2 missed events )
    15. HoneyComb (sgs2 music widget + Weather + sgs2 missed events )
    16. AOSP
    17. NO lock

Some of the lockscreens known issues : Lockscreen Wallpaper can be set, but cannot be unset. This is because the Galaxy S 2 uses a different Gallery Application. To remove the Lockscreen Wallpaper and revert automatically to the default Wallpaper, delete this file
      /data/data/com.cooliris.media/files/zzzzzz_lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg

Puzzle lockscreens shows 2 icons (only) when missed events appears

Custom Menu Features Highlights

1. Extented Power Menu
    2. Quickpanel 15 toggles control ( flash zip attached at the end of the thread )
    3. 19 lockscreens options
    4. SystemUi Mods :
      carrier text : color + removable / customizable
      date clock : color + removable
      clock : ability to center left or right + small AM-PM option
      MIUI battery bar : color + removable
      dbm : color + removable
      battery text : color + removable
      Hide Battery
      Hide Alarm

Misc Tweaks:
    • Build Prop Tweaks
    • busybox
    • Su binaries updated
    • symlinked
    • zipalign
    • FUGU mod (3.0 AOSP )

Other Mods:
    • crt shutdown animation
    • ext 100 bat mod (with number)
    • Ext Charging Bat MOD
    • BIG apn list
    • add protected
    • animations on by default
    • Allow installation of Non market checked by default
    • Volume notification can be linked .
    • Customizable Volume sound ( when raising and lowering)
    • SMS time fix
    • Boot & Shutdown sound Removed
    • Hacked JVZ camera
    • Hacked i897 TW3 launcher ( landscape + 5 icons in dock )
    • Newest Market

Added apps

• Titanium backup
    • Phone Silencer
    • on Call End
    • SMS Time Fix
    • SMS pop up
    • Multi - CSC

PLEASE DONATE TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM :

Team LOTR Crew :
    DAGr8
    Fritzgerald
    Lirik0
    Pauldiddy

Credits:

(In Alphabetical Order)

AdamOutler (Heimdall One Click Packager)
    crt60 (for his updater script)
    dhiru1602
    Team Kang ( Birgertime & Whitehawkx )
    Lukiqq
    Maddogin
    MikeyMike
    Mtcarey
    Perp
    quikd3th
    sasovic
    Sbrissen <---- Donate to him
    untermensch
    Undertaker_

If I forgot anyone Kindly let me know
    so long story short , I decided to make a native rom for all you guys who prefer to run i897 f/w on there cappy , hope you enjoy it this is my XMASS Gift to all Cappy users !

I wanted to make a bit more for you guys but holidays = family time , so il release updates when I find the time ( maybe tomorrow but no guarentee ! )
    You're right! It worked very well. Love the ROM. Its nice to have Audience Chip support again. Now we just need someone to make an ICS theme. :cool:

This question might not really have much to do with the ROM, but this is the one I am currently using (Amazing ROM btw) so this is where I will ask it. I was using an HTC Aria on AT&T for a while. I got the Captivate on Craigslist about a month ago and I've been looking for my daily driver. I like this ROM so this is the one I want to go with but when I go to the tethering options in the settings it gives me "A Tethering/Mobile Hotspot plan is required to use this service... blah blah etc."

On my Aria I tethered all the time and I never got this message. I think I might even recall using it on the Captivate when I flashed MIUI. So is there any way I can use this ROM and still tether for free? Thank you

Ok guys with the help of many people and dagr8 i have manage to port an ICS theme for saurom. I just merely compile and make some little changes from chazkenji ICS theme to make it work on saurom kk4 so dont forget to thank him :D and also i have deleted the the AT&T message for tethering.

ICS Theme
    ICS Theme - Alternate download by kb9nvh

ICS kk4 theme apps - (these are some apps from chazkenji kk4 theme I did not make any changes I just deleted some apps that are not present on saurom kk4 so far have not have any force close)
    ICS kk4 theme apps -Alternate download by kb9nvh

Saurom kk4 Revert theme - (anything goes wrong here is stock theme of saurom kk4)
    Saurom kk4 Revert theme - Alternate download by kb9nvh

How to add 5th icon on TW mod dock:
    1. Go to your app drawer then press menu button
    2. Choose view type then customizable grid
    3. Press menu again and choose edit then drag any icon on the dock
    4. When your finish just press the back button and your done :D

Screenshots:
    Noob Guide :

Install Java

Put phone in Download Mode (and plug it into computer ! )

Download ' 1 click ' ( link in the OP )
    Run the program once, and if it does not work, then check the "Flash Bootloaders" checkbox and flash again
    updating and uploading now , added hacked camera ( low bat power button etc) 14 toggles customizable via tsmparts ( the flashlight will fc the statusbar if you use it ) all the statusbar tweaks now work , no clock etc ...