My touch Q?

Search This thread

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
Guys what's the difference between the Mytouch 4g and the Q, can they use the same firmware or no???

THEindian

Nov 20, 2011
Mytouch 4G is made by HTC running HTC sense with "Mysense" overlay. It is an older but more powerful phone with more ram and a better screen.
The Q is made by LG running LG **** with a "Mysense" overlay. It is new but has horrible construction and the screen tends to be unresponsive.

Hit thanks if i have helped.
P.S. NO, you cant flash Mytouch 4g roms on the Q

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
So basically no one cares about the Q, and is forever never going to have a customer firmware?

THat really sucks, there are a lot of ****ty phones on this forum that have there own forum, why not the Q, at least you can root it for godsakes.

neidlinger

Aug 30, 2010
Cincinnati
So basically no one cares about the Q, and is forever never going to have a customer firmware?

THat really sucks, there are a lot of ****ty phones on this forum that have there own forum, why not the Q, at least you can root it for godsakes.

Should of done your research before you bought it. ;)

hind sight is always 20/20.

If you want a phone with a lot of development then you need to 1) do research 2) buy a popular phone. not a cheap one.

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
doesn't matter I'll reject the shipment and once again by another phone on craigslist or ebay, I'll buy another Mytouch 4G, so I can have the EEPROM die on me again. This will be my 4th smartphone in a row. Whatever.

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
No dude, it's not. I am just venting and your attacking me for no reason. There is no reason for it. I have not once attacked you.

neidlinger

Aug 30, 2010
Cincinnati
No dude, it's not. I am just venting and your attacking me for no reason. There is no reason for it. I have not once attacked you.

I'm not attacking you. In any way/shape/fashion or form. If i did, please point it out to me.

You're just coming across as that we are the reason the LG MyTouch has no development sector.

And we have nothing to do with that.

aziaticoman10

Aug 17, 2011
As my first post on this excellent forum I would like say, neidlinger, you helped me alot with which direction to go when I needed help with rooting my glacier(My Touch 4g:cool:). Some people just don't know what they are getting into with these devices. Sounds like OP has alot of $$$ to spend. I could use some lol. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
I bought my daughter the Lg "Q" a few months ago and to be honest it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.
The problem everyone is having here is the fact that there are more advanced devices coming to the market and for people that can't just shell out $500+ for a new device get shafted on the forums. It should be the other way around the phone companies guilt you into a more expensive device if they can the forums should support the community as a whole.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. There should be a vote to see if there's enough people with the device to make a forum for it that way no one gets left out without a chance to be heard at least and if there's not then it was given a chance to be denied for a valid reason.

joshuasvt

Nov 27, 2010
Kentucky
it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. /QUOTE]

Say whaaa! Dude you gotta let me get whatever it is ur smoking. My wife has a Q. I'm not gonna lie, the eye candy that the Q is rocking looks great but there is no way that that pos phone is comparable to the HTC mytouch. Hell my old HTC mytouch slide 3g ran better than the Q. And there are a couple threads dedicated to the LG MyTouch. Use the search function and you'll find them.

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
it's pretty compatible to the glacier (mine) as far as hardware is concerned.

There are exceptions with devices that don't have the quality that others do but this device does everything the glacier does. /QUOTE]

Say whaaa! Dude you gotta let me get whatever it is ur smoking. My wife has a Q. I'm not gonna lie, the eye candy that the Q is rocking looks great but there is no way that that pos phone is comparable to the HTC mytouch. Hell my old HTC mytouch slide 3g ran better than the Q. And there are a couple threads dedicated to the LG MyTouch. Use the search function and you'll find them.

I'm not saying their exactly the same (even if that's what you got from it) I'm saying they are both within specs of each other you can also look for your self if you have both like I do, I don't use it or honestly haven't even touched it aside from buying it. I'm trying to say if there are as many people out there that would like a forum to work on it and it's enough for it to be worth looking into then there should be some system in place for voting on whether or not a forum gets put up.

Just because people don't have the money to bang out a spare $500 every time a new device comes out doesn't mean they should also get the shaft on a site that is solely community based.

Made my point, done.

smooth3d

Apr 24, 2009
Tulsa Ok
I'm not saying their exactly the same (even if that's what you got from it) I'm saying they are both within specs of each other you can also look for your self if you have both like I do, I don't use it or honestly haven't even touched it aside from buying it. I'm trying to say if there are as many people out there that would like a forum to work on it and it's enough for it to be worth looking into then there should be some system in place for voting on whether or not a forum gets put up.

Just because people don't have the money to bang out a spare $500 every time a new device comes out doesn't mean they should also get the shaft on a site that is solely community based.

Made my point, done.

I feel ya man, But as a rule of thumb HTC devices seem to always be supported better and longer on XDA, All the others maybe save for Samsung is always a crapshoot for development! And Its not just about specs. HTC hardware is just better known then LG's and has superior build quality. IF custom roms is your thing its best to research first to see if your phone has a forum and make sure it is a international phone. The more people that use it, the better chance of it being developed for.

G

glacierguy

My sister and niece have the mytouch q (i told my sis to get mt4g or 4g slide and she got the mytouch 4g that also slides...smh). They both hate it, and I don't like it either. It's laggy, ugly, and nothing compared to mt4g imo.

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk

kdog1202

Feb 25, 2012
green bay wi
The q tuns way better then the MT 3g slide my mom had both... the LG and HTC 4gs have the same specs hardware wise. Its just you guys have better support on xdA. :(

Sent from my LG-E739 using xda premium

G

glacierguy

The q tuns way better then the MT 3g slide my mom had both... the LG and HTC 4gs have the same specs hardware wise. Its just you guys have better support on xdA. :(

Nice try, but not even close. The Mytouch 3g slide and 4g were OUTSTANDING phones... I still have them both. The mt4g is still one if the best phones out today. The mt4g slide was ok... And the mytouch q was a mess. That's just a fact. HW specs and/or amount of development has nothing to do with what makes a good phone if the specs aren't used properly.

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD

kdog1202

Feb 25, 2012
green bay wi
I to be honest love my phone but if i was in a t mobile area i wud switch to HTC for more development but that's it.

joshuasvt

Nov 27, 2010
Kentucky
My wife has the LG e739 and I have the htc mytouch 4G. The HTC is far superior in both build quality and processing. The LG is extremely slow. I even rooted it and took out all the bloated ware and it is still laggy and unresponsive about 100 percent of the time. May 11 is our upgrade date and we both are going to get the one s from tmo. I do however like the graphics on the LG. They did a great job making everything Look pretty but that phone is slow as crap.

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
My wife has the LG e739 and I have the htc mytouch 4G. The HTC is far superior in both build quality and processing. The LG is extremely slow. I even rooted it and took out all the bloated ware and it is still laggy and unresponsive about 100 percent of the time. May 11 is our upgrade date and we both are going to get the one s from tmo. I do however like the graphics on the LG. They did a great job making everything Look pretty but that phone is slow as crap.

My brother had the Q, & I find it odd that you like the graphics? That was the most obvious thing I noticed in the 1st 5 seconds I held it! Looked like the Optimus T. I just don't like LG's approach to the MyTouch. I think it was a poor effort & TMobile must have thought so as well. HTC is still superior, & I don't expect the Huwei MyTouch to be much better.

Sent from my customized mt4g using XDA premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not attacking you. In any way/shape/fashion or form. If i did, please point it out to me.

You're just coming across as that we are the reason the LG MyTouch has no development sector.

And we have nothing to do with that.