[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for vivow (2012-09-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JAS_21

Jun 27, 2010
Chicagoland
And I haven't had to do anything to fix market downloads the last few times I wiped, so you may not even have that issue.

I had to do the fix. As soon as I tried to update my apps they just got stuck at "downloading".

After doing the killall drmserver command, it was fine. Everything else seems pretty solid so far.

Thanks for all the hard work Aero!!!

Edit: It may be because I had an old backup that I flashed over.

daniETingles

Dec 29, 2011
Quadrant don't mean **** ;)
If u want high score, fresh rom install with minimal apps installed wipe cache dalvik boot set it to highest frequency u can like 1.8 1.9 and run it but inc's gpu sucks so u should get about 3500 on antutu

Aosp roms have higher quadrant scores than sense roms right? yeah I know they don't, I was just wondering.

anubis2k3

Jul 20, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Quadrant don't mean **** ;)
If u want high score, fresh rom install with minimal apps installed wipe cache dalvik boot set it to highest frequency u can like 1.8 1.9 and run it but inc's gpu sucks so u should get about 3500 on antutu

Yea I too believe that quadrant scores are flawed. According to quadrant my scores are way better then my moms stock bionic... which is cool to see, but unbelievable too. Lol

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
Have to drop in to say the battery is in-frickin-credible. 16 hrs on battery. About 1/2 WIFI 1/2 3G. 3 hrs streaming music. 1.75 hrs screen on. Games, interwebs, lots of texting, downloading apps. 30% left.

kevdliu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 4, 2011
mother of battery life lol. my phone is off the charger at 7am and by 3pm its at 50% with around 15min usage. tho its is caused by no signal 90% of the time :(

bracketslash

Oct 1, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
mother of battery life lol. my phone is off the charger at 7am and by 3pm its at 50% with around 15min usage. tho its is caused by no signal 90% of the time :(

Have to drop in to say the battery is in-frickin-credible. 16 hrs on battery. About 1/2 WIFI 1/2 3G. 3 hrs streaming music. 1.75 hrs screen on. Games, interwebs, lots of texting, downloading apps. 30% left.

Alright. Stuff like this gets me mad. :p

Is multitouch still borked?

Jizzylax

Oct 19, 2010
A.k.a Facebook... wakelock like a mofo

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
Exactly. I'm basically run Sense ROMs but get decent battery life because I don't have battery-hogging apps installed (like Facebook).

This is why I don't take any comment of battery life seriously. No one person installs the exact same apps as I do. Therefore, I test battery life of ROMs out on my own.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
Typing seems sluggish in 4/20 build. Might do a fresh install on the next one. But I'm thinking it could be the multi-touch issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I decided to start an official post here on XDA too since the ICS thread over in general is getting rather large.

Downloads:
    ROM:
    GApps:
    Directions:
    1. Wipe Data, Cache, and system
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Flash GApps
    4. Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

If you are having issues flashing, try a CM9 based CWM:

What's Currently Broken:
    • Face unlock may not work until FFC has been used in the Camera app.
    • Market download issues: su, and then killall drmserver in the terminal (needs to be done after each reboot if you are still having issues)
    • ... Let me know what else :)

If you like what I do, hit thanks or donate to a poor college student :)
    Changelog:
    2012-03-23
    • Resync with CM9 upstream (new boot animation and some other stuff)
    • More work on video decoding (but still not 100%)
    • Added Torch
    2012-03-27
    • Resync with CM9 upstream (updated graphics code)
    • Fixed video decoding issues (can someone test Netflix for me? Flash video seems to work).
    2012-03-28
    • MMS should work
    • GSM might work?
    2012-03-29
    • Merged in AOSP 4.0.4 (not official CM merge though...)
    • If you have too many issues go back to 3/28 build
    2012-03-30
    • Official CM 4.0.4 merge + dialer fix, resync'd
    • Updated CM kernel built with gcc 4.7 (source)
    2012-04-07
    • Updated to latest CM code (but not too many changes)
    • Updated Skia Graphics Engine to latest in AOSP master (not merged into CM yet, but I posted on their gerrit).
    2012-04-16
    • Updated to latest CM code.
    • Compass arrows in Google Maps should work
    • Camcorder should work when in SD (480p) mode
    2012-04-19
    • Updated to latest CM code
    • Included some Advanced Dialer Settings link
    • Built with Sun/Oracle Java instead of OpenJDK. Also, set javac to target 1.6 instead of 1.5. One of those two made things fast :)
    2012-04-20
    • Hopefully fixes multitouch issues.
    2012-04-29
    • Updated to latest CM code.
    • Included Lock Screen Shortcuts and system volume stuff in gerrit.
    2012-05-04
    • Latest CM code.
    • Reverted some multitouch stuff (Temple Run won't work, but other multitouch stuff should be better).
    • Added new feature from gerrit to add screen lock delay after turning off the screen.
    • Plus some other stuff that I can't remember.
    2012-05-07
    • Latest CM code (Theme manager, but currently only System theme).
    2012-05-13
    • Latest CM code.
    • Rotating softkeys should stay lit after rotation (may still need autobrightness).
    2012-05-16
    • Latest CM code.
    • Rotating softkeys should stay lit even without autobrightness.
    2012-05-22
    • Latest CM code.
    • Apollo music player
    • Built in kernel fixes Unity3D touchscreen issues (Temple Run should work with built in kernel). I'll update my kernel when I get the chance soon :) EDIT: v10 should have working Unity3D touch fixed.
    2012-05-30
    • Latest CM code.
    • Lockscreen widgets (weather and calendar events)
    • Audio fixes (should help with speaker phone and maybe bluetooth)
    2012-07-12
    • Latest CM code.
    • Camera flash should work (thanks to CondemnedSoul and whoever found the permission error)
    So I got jellybean/CM10 to build, but there are still lots of issues (no audio, softlights, or sensors). But 3G and GPS and most other things seemed to work.

Kxqee.png

I'm still really busy with other things, but jellybean will definitely happen for our phone :)

EDIT: I'm uploading the build to a cm10 folder in my goo.im hosting, but you need to rm camera.msm7x30.so, lights.vivow.so, and sensors.vivow.so in /system/lib/hw/ for it to boot.

Here are some gapps that worked for me:
    http://goo.im/apps/teamgummy/gapps-4.1.1-Kejar31-20120713.zip

And my upload will be in http://goo.im/devs/aeroevan/cm10/ but it will take about an hour to finish uploading...
    Hopefully they release source soon. I saw HTC one got source release.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

That still isn't for our device :(

I'm working on using the new camera blobs, but even those can't just be dropped in. I had to add a few camera parameters in frameworks/base but the preview isn't starting... http://pastebin.com/ZsxsGHcm and the camera app crashes :(

I have a few ideas, but I had a phone interview today (which went well) so I couldn't break my phone ;)

I've also been working on getting low power audio (LPA) working, but there are still a few bugs there too.

I just sync'd and am doing a fresh build now, but don't expect any magic :)
    There were a few display hal updates, but nothing too big.
    Are we going to see anything done with Jelly bean and this rom?

I'll definitely do builds once I get a chance, but I've been really busy lately :(