Official VZW release of JellyBean for MZ602

Should I extract the stock JellyBean for ya'll?

• Yes indeed, that would be admirable good sir...

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • No sir, there is quite enough fluff available

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
I have a development Xoom MZ602 with the 4G LTE modem running the final official Verizon build of JellyBean 4.1.1 (JRO03H). This version should hit market as soon as VZW releases it (don't ask, I dont' know when that will be), they have already signed off on it so it should be soon as this will be final version.

UPDATE:
You wanted it, here it is. I am leaking the official JellyBean build for the Verizon branded 4G Zoom MZ602. The build is currently UNrooted and is NOT A ROM! This is a Nandroid backup. I have a developer bootloader and flashed CWM to my recovery just to bring this to you untouched. (It's the same JB build, JRO03H, as the wifi version but with Verizon's hardware binaries and such... amazingly not really any bloatware)

You do need to have CWM loaded to enjoy this.

Download the file, extract the contents and drop the folder into the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder in your device.
Boot into CWM recovery and go into restore, select the 2012-08-02.23.36.52

Technically this should only work on models with the 4G LTE upgrade installed but I have had confirmation that it works on 3G models as well. Use at your own risk, I've only personally tested this on the 4G version.

A reminder, this is NOT rooted... This is the stock, base JellyBean Build to be released by Verizon. This isn't a hack job, it's the real deal, untouched and ready for your enjoyment.

http://db.tt/11zyxvuw - Any Mirrors available?

Thanks 911Junkie for the mirror: http://goo.gl/wYiO4

Filename is JB.RAR md5: 7307d1b19cd4304b8f9696edf2fc68e9

Let me know how this works for you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-02-14-36-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-02-14-36-14.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 2,509
Last edited:

johnny0911

Nov 1, 2010
Michigan
I have a development Xoom MZ602 with the 4G LTE modem running the final official Verizon build of JellyBean 4.1.1 (JRO03H). This version should hit market as soon as VZW releases it (don't ask, I dont' know when that will be), they have already signed off on it so it should be soon as this will be final version.

The build is currently UNrooted has all my software on it so will take me some effort to pull the image for ya'll that doesn't have a bunch of crap you don't want... My question is, does anyone want it? If the demand is high enough then I'll pull something you can flash in ClockWorkMod.

If nobody cares then I will just carry on my day and enjoy my JellyBean Xoom as is. :)

I do! With or without your stuff I can always factory reset it it makes it easier on ya.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010

The build is currently UNrooted has all my software on it so will take me some effort to pull the image for ya'll that doesn't have a bunch of crap you don't want... My question is, does anyone want it? If the demand is high enough then I'll pull something you can flash in ClockWorkMod.

If nobody cares then I will just carry on my day and enjoy my JellyBean Xoom as is. :)

I'm sure team EOS would love to put their hands on this.. NICE!

serranom

Sep 6, 2011

Is the boot animation the same as ICS?

XOOM running EOS Nightly JB

If anything helped you, remember to THANK that person.

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Do you happen to have a publicly available ftp or host site where I can upload the files to? I will figure something out later tonight or tomorrow.

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
I am #9, I would love to get a copy of it, you can upload it to Google drive, I have a few movies over 500 megs on mine..

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
You could open a box.com account, it is free and they give you 50 gb for free. They also have a awesome android app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.box.android&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

50gb was a promotion a month or so ago I did get in on it now it is 5 gb.when you join...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

You could open a box.com account, it is free and they give you 50 gb for free. They also have a awesome android app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.box.android&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

50gb was a promotion a month or so ago I did get in on it now it is 5 gb.when you join...sugar sync also give 5gb..

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
Original post updated. http://db.tt/11zyxvuw

Let me know how this goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

perfect on my 3G with radio working, i use eos recovery to load it, i notice when i did the restore the data error out and didn't load, I reboot an setup my gmail account i notice all of my app from market start to download and install, this is most important for me because timewarner tv app do not show video on rooted tablet, thanks a bunch compnird..

compnird

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
perfect on my 3G with radio working, i use eos recovery to load it, i notice when i did the restore the data error out and didn't load, I reboot an setup my gmail account i notice all of my app from market start to download and install, this is most important for me because timewarner tv app do not show video on rooted tablet, thanks a bunch compnird..

Glad it works on the 3g model too. It has slightly different drivers so wasn't sure.

johnny0911

Nov 1, 2010
Michigan

UPDATE: I pulled the nandroid backup even though I didn't have 10 yes and even had one no... I got bored.

I dont' build ROMs nor do I host them anywhere. So, here's the deal: Someone post or PM me a place to put this file (140mb in high compression .RAR) and I'll upload it. I don't have enough free space on my dropbox and don't feel much like making room right now.

I loaded clockworkmod just to pull two backups... first of all my crap then I did a factory reset to wipe everything to base, then pulled another nandroid backup. I then compressed the folder. Once it's out there you can extract the files to your clockworkmod/backup folder and restore from clockworkmod.

Technically this will ONLY work on model with the 4G LTE upgrade installed. I have no idea what will happen if you installed this on any other model. And a reminder, this is stock and NOT rooted...

Update 2: uploaded to my dropbox from my phone... had to delete a few things. http://db.tt/11zyxvuw

Let me know how this goes.

Will give this a try when I get home. Thanks again for sharing!

johnny0911

Nov 1, 2010
Michigan
I keep getting md5 mismatch when trying to restore.

On both rouge and team eos recovery's

Edit: got it to work had a corrupt file or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

johnny0911

Nov 1, 2010
Michigan
Anyone experiencing wakelock issues? I have had 116 in 2 hrs even after factory reset. Is this normal on JB?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE:
    You wanted it, here it is. I am leaking the official JellyBean build for the Verizon branded 4G Zoom MZ602. The build is currently UNrooted and is NOT A ROM! This is a Nandroid backup. I have a developer bootloader and flashed CWM to my recovery just to bring this to you untouched. (It's the same JB build, JRO03H, as the wifi version but with Verizon's hardware binaries and such... amazingly not really any bloatware)

You do need to have CWM loaded to enjoy this.

Download the file, extract the contents and drop the folder into the /clockworkmod/backup/ folder in your device.
    Boot into CWM recovery and go into restore, select the 2012-08-02.23.36.52

Technically this should only work on models with the 4G LTE upgrade installed but I have had confirmation that it works on 3G models as well. Use at your own risk, I've only personally tested this on the 4G version.

A reminder, this is NOT rooted... This is the stock, base JellyBean Build to be released by Verizon. This isn't a hack job, it's the real deal, untouched and ready for your enjoyment.

http://db.tt/11zyxvuw - Any Mirrors available?

Thanks 911Junkie for the mirror: http://goo.gl/wYiO4

Filename is JB.RAR md5: 7307d1b19cd4304b8f9696edf2fc68e9

Let me know how this works for you.
    It's because vzw is still kanging my sh*t! :mad:
    Is the boot animation the same as ICS?

To my dismay, yes. Exactly the same boot animation.
    I'm pretty sure this is the WiFi build. It may have been pushed to you by mistake. Did you have a custom ROM; it might have fetched the update from Google?

I find it odd that the VZW version would have the same Build name as the WiFi build and the Baseband version didn't change from what us ICS guys have.

Not stating fact, just guessing...