{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

redgoddess

Jan 18, 2013
ODIN unable to open .rfs file...

So, I downloaded everything to root my Samsung attain (not here, since you guys don't seem to have anything on that phone), I opened the Odin program, put the pit file in the correct location, and then went to open the .rfs file. Odin will only search for .tar files, and I have not been able to find any of those for my phone online. What can I do?

Also, how can I upgrade to 4.1.2? I have 2.3.6 currently.

neectron

Dec 26, 2011
Really>?
hi guys,

since questions are encouraged here, I have a small problem which i can't seem to fix

I have an experia p :

android 4.0.4
baseband u8500-49020908-ph-ec01
kernel : 3.0.8
build 6.1.1 b 1.54

locked to a t-mobile network
i'm trying to unlock the phone to be able to use it on different networks, and i've been following a couple of tuts here on the forum but I have a problem that i can't seem to fix

the pc im using is pretty old and running win xp

after installing and running the android sdk manager and installing the Google USB driver from the extras
the pc still doesn't recognize the device and keeps asking me to install the driver for Android...

i've tried turning on the USB debugging mode on the phone but that left me with a non existing MTP driver in the device manager.... and when i turned off the USB debugging mode, then it again asks to install the driver for : Android

I keep spinning in circles and don't really know what to do...

anyone have any ideas? would be very appreciated

Xperia P has device specific forum you will have better chance getting answer there.http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1515

Try installing flashtool drivers or drivers from Sony web site.

kr.ravish

Nov 15, 2012
Bangalore
Hay I have a question... Is making a nandroid backup is enough to revert to the stock rom frm a custom rom or we need something else as well... Pls reply...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using xda premium

Reactions: rayjack10

pratikmore

Jun 12, 2011
Mumbai
www.junk-m.com
Redmi K20 Pro
Hay I have a question... Is making a nandroid backup is enough to revert to the stock rom frm a custom rom or we need something else as well... Pls reply...

Sent from my GT-S6802 using xda premium
nandroid backup is enough to revert to stock rom but for extra saffety just find out the link of stock rom.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I port cm 9 for my hcl me u1 tab from stock ics4.0.3.Finally cm9 booted and show android upgrading but low on space and when ALL apps installed it reboots.logcat attached.Plz,tell me where is the problem.logcat:-http://pastebin.com/xAGpvWtC
anyone??

Reactions: kr.ravish

donmemphisx

Feb 3, 2013
I can't root my phone! Pls help!!

This is a really wonderful thread. I have a problem of which i'll appreciate all the help i can get from the guru's. I'm a noob.
I have a Tecno D3 and i've not been able to root it and enjoy all the root privileges. I've tried most , if not all the software's which have successfully rooted other droids but can't get mine rooted. The specs are:
ANDROID VERSION: 2.3.6
BASEBAND VERSION: MAUI. 11AMD.W11.50.SP.V27.P3,2012/11/27
KERNEL VERSION: 2.6.35.7 rlk-buildsrv@rlk-buildsrv-desktop #1
BUILD NUMBER: D3_G120L_CHUANYIN_B1_ALPSGB2MPV2.17_V5.1_S20121214
CUSTOM BUILD VERSION: 1355486163
I just hope the phone is not unrootable:(
Pls help me.

donmemphisx

Feb 3, 2013
This can't be true!!

Respected modders and developers, is Tecno D3 rooting a match 4 you?:confused:
Sure sum1 got an idea.:victory:

Ozadroid

Oct 19, 2011
Hey Guys!

I have a device for which I am building CWM. The problem is my /system and /data are of the type UBIFS. And both the partitions aren't getting mounted through CWM.

Need help to understand how to mount ubifs file system.

This is the error while mounting system!!

Code:
 mount: mounting /dev/block/mtdblock5 on /system failed: Invalid argument

Thnx!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2013
Can anyone tell me whether apps like PDroid and Droidwall/afwall work on a stock Jellybean rom, if rooted? Or do I absolutely need to be running a custom ROM?

rayjack10

Nov 4, 2012
uyo
Pls can someone help me with porting jellyblastv3 to y pro duos GT B5512. thanks
hope this aint a wrong for that?

Ian1331

Sep 11, 2012
www.iansblog.ca
Edit: following post solved on different thread... Read anyway if you're bored ;)

Hey, I've been reading up on how to theme apps, as I use a few specific apps that I'd like to adjust some colors on. I've managed to learn a small amount and am now working with the png's and xml's in the decompiled (apktool) apk.

I've tried finding my answer via Google and some of the guides in the OP but so far I'm stumped. The app I'm working on is OpenSearch. It's a simple Google search bar app that works like a pop up widget to do a quick Google or other search provider query. It's a bit dated now but it's simple and I thought it would make for a good first theming project.

I have managed to change the grey search panel to a black tone (png) but now I want to make the white text a holo color and the search field black. I'm sure this is in one of the xml files but so far I can't seem to find the correct color codes. Looking for black and white is obviously not as easy to narrow down.

So to my question, is their a trick to identifying the objects I want to theme or is it what I'm already doing, which feels like near-mindless trial and error? I have attached a screenshot of the target area. If anyone has any suggestions for this particular app please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my SGSIII on Bell running Task650's AOKP
utegumej.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2013
ludhiana
HEY can anyone solve problem
Camcorder on xzoom v2 and microfire 2.1 Tom is not working
On micromax a60
Can any one give me fix for camcorder. Please
Help!

Sent from my A60 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

velsam

Jan 9, 2013
Sent from my MK16i using xda premium. Hi sir.I have a xperia pro and I recently update to ics.can I ask you to how to root my new xperia pro running ics.tnx sir...

stealthl

Oct 27, 2010
USA
jeffsanace,
Thanks for this page. I'm trying to learn how to make a 5 x 6 app drawer for an htc evo 4g lte running ics. Are there any guides as to which files to change?
Thanks.........

kyls2010

Jan 25, 2013
Buckley
Theme Chooser question

I have a potentially dumb question, but I have a Samsung GS3 running a rom called Delta w/Galaxy KOR kernal. I cannot use the Theme Chooser app within Google Play (I'd link, but I'm new to XDA and I can't post outside links yet) with this or any other Rom that isn't CM10 or AOKP. Is there a way to flash the T-Mobile theme chooser into this or any other Rom, or is this completely specific to Cyanogen Mod? Thanks

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Many ROMs include theme chooser but it's not that easy to add it to one that doesn't include it. There are changes in the framework so any flashable mod that would add it would be device / ROM specific.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rayjack10

Nov 4, 2012
uyo
Pls I need help. I briked a friends tecno N3 afta rooting it I installed a new launcher den deleted d stock launcher dat came wit it. So the
Started freezing then I had to wipe & reset data now the phone is no longer booting up because there is no launcher fo it to use pls can someone help me with a verified signature that I can use and flash appliction via recovery mode. Or someone help me on how to install a launcher to it or cre. Thanks

Sent from my GT-B5512 using Tapatalk 2

Ajthescot

May 20, 2010
Pls I need help. I briked a friends tecno N3 afta rooting it I installed a new launcher den deleted d stock launcher dat came wit it. So the
Started freezing then I had to wipe & reset data now the phone is no longer booting up because there is no launcher fo it to use pls can someone help me with a verified signature that I can use and flash appliction via recovery mode. Or someone help me on how to install a launcher to it or cre. Thanks

If you have wiped and reset you will need to reflash the Rom .or restore the nand backup you should of created when rooting it .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

rayjack10

Nov 4, 2012
uyo
If you have wiped and reset you will need to reflash the Rom .or restore the nand backup you should of created when rooting it .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I forgot to do nandroid backup each time I try to flash a flashable zip launcher via recovery mode it gives this error ' E: signature verification failed installation aborted. Can someone help with a working clockworkmode for tecno N3. Or a working flashable zip file so I can use. Thanks

Bwarner479

Jul 3, 2012
West Palm Beach

Can you boot in the bootloader or recovery? If so you could adb push a rom. Also I'm not familiar with the phone but if it has external storage like a micro sd card or usb otg you could put a rom on that and flash. Also is the rom still on the phone that was running? If so just flash that. Don't worry though... The phones not bricked as long as you can boot into recovery or the bootloader.
Edit: just read that the phone supports sd cards. Use a computer to put stock or any rom on the card then put it in the phone and flash the rom.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts