[Q] MMS not working

Search This thread

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
After the latest OTA updates to my Droid DNA I achieved S-off with rumrunner; flashed Carbon ROM with kitkat 4.4; latest gapps package; crpalmer's kernel, and I thought everything worked fine. Until I realized I cannot receive or send MMS. Do not like hangouts; using Chomp SMS; in settings it says if MMS is not working to copy APN and paste in settings. When I look for APN; I cannot select APN, when I try to it says stopped responding. Any help to get MMS working will be very appreciated.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
First question. Does carbon support cr kernel because I thought that kernal is for cm

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
If you have Google Play Movies installed, you need to uninstall it. For some reason, it breaks MMS.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
First question. Does carbon support cr kernel because I thought that kernal is for cm

If you have Google Play Movies installed, you need to uninstall it. For some reason, it breaks MMS.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I am not sure. I read in at least one post someone using that kernel and it was working for them.

I got rid of full gapps and installed gapps micro, rebooted and still did not work.

For some reason it seemed to me that I was not able to connect to mobile data even though I could make phone calls, (I could be wrong). I went back to the Cyanfox 4.4 Rom and now I have a daily driver. I was going to update my radio but could not get it to work. I am still very new at all this and this is my first root and modify... project??? LOL. I registered as dev with HTC and downloaded the stuff to make mods but cannot get it to work as they displayed on their website. Maybe the root and install ROM is basic stuff and now I am in over my head. Thank you for your suggestions and help.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
R u soff if so we will trying a older radio

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
R u soff if so we will trying a older radio

I am S-off. I have tried changing my radio but; maybe I am doing it wrong. I tried following the guidance of torrented to no avail. He told me to make sure the radio file was saved to the platform-tools folder and I did but it said error could read or open... Something like that.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
I am S-off. I have tried changing my radio but; maybe I am doing it wrong. I tried following the guidance of torrented to no avail. He told me to make sure the radio file was saved to the platform-tools folder and I did but it said error could read or open... Something like that.

Well have you tried changing the file name to like 1.zip

Maybe you miss typed?

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
Well have you tried changing the file name to like 1.zip

Maybe you miss typed?

Ya... , we talked about that. I made sure that I was following his directions totally. But, I am willing to try if you have suggestions. I really like the Carbon ROM but I have to have SMS/MMS as I am a salesman our sales team relies heavily on this capability; for that reason I reverted to the Cyanfox ROM, (full functionality with this ROM).

thayl0

May 26, 2013
So what your saying is everything is working on cyanfox?

Also have you tried to ruu that will reset all partition

Reactions: Supashawn

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa

Everything was working best I could tell with Cyanfox; I just really like that Carbon ROM though...

Yaaaayyyyyy... Last night I achieved success. I cant remember where I found it, wish I could to give thanks, but somewhere I seen someone post that to load a radio you have to open command line from inside the platform-tools... anyway I have updated radio. Last night i wiped everything and did a fresh install of the Carbon ROM and did not flash crpalmer kernel but kept what came with the ROM. So far today the only problem I have had is when I play music the dsp is not working. That is not a big deal but... I wish I could just delete it if it is not going to work. And one time I was playing music and a text came in and it made my phone reboot; but I was playing music after that and had a text but it did not make my phone reboot.

I do not know about reseting or installing another RUU... I am a noob just trying to learn some of this stuff. I am giving you thanks for sticking with me and trying to make sure that I have working, fun phone that I own and not vzw... lol

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Everything was working best I could tell with Cyanfox; I just really like that Carbon ROM though...

Yaaaayyyyyy... Last night I achieved success. I cant remember where I found it, wish I could to give thanks, but somewhere I seen someone post that to load a radio you have to open command line from inside the platform-tools... anyway I have updated radio. Last night i wiped everything and did a fresh install of the Carbon ROM and did not flash crpalmer kernel but kept what came with the ROM. So far today the only problem I have had is when I play music the dsp is not working. That is not a big deal but... I wish I could just delete it if it is not going to work. And one time I was playing music and a text came in and it made my phone reboot; but I was playing music after that and had a text but it did not make my phone reboot.

I do not know about reseting or installing another RUU... I am a noob just trying to learn some of this stuff. I am giving you thanks for sticking with me and trying to make sure that I have working, fun phone that I own and not vzw... lol

Glad you got it working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.