[Q] So i'm willing to Flash CM10.1.3 Stable on my i9100, I need assistance, Please :)

Search This thread

jadellah177

Mar 8, 2011
Good day,

So First of all i have a Samsung Galaxy SII Gt-i9100 with Official Kernel and 4.1.2Jb
Overall, Jelly bean is good but not on the S2, still a noticable speed difference with its successor i9300
I Looked up some ROMS on Cyanogen website, And i looked for Stable roms, and the latest stable version is this one
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9100&type=stable

I really don't know what they exactly mean by "Stable" and All i'm worried about is the battery life, i want a better battery life than the one i already have, and i would really appreciate some guidance from you experienced S2 users in choosing a custom Kernel that suits my needs which are nothing but good battery life and no random reboots. i heard Siyah kernels are pretty good and cyanogen's too.

And all Cyanogen ROM Suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks for reading

Last edited:

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
OK......CM JB is gonna be more battery friendly than stock JB simply because of the lack of bloatware........
Please don't ask for kernel/ROM recommendations as this is against XDA rules.......
the idea is YOU try them out and YOU decide what is best for YOU.........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Good day,

So First of all i have a Samsung Galaxy SII Gt-i9100 with Official Kernel and 4.1.2Jb
Overall, Jelly bean is good but not on the S2, still a noticable speed difference with its successor i9300
I Looked up some ROMS on Cyanogen website, And i looked for Stable roms, and the latest stable version is this one
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9100&type=stable

I really don't know what they exactly mean by "Stable" and All i'm worried about is the battery life, i want a better battery life than the one i already have, and i would really appreciate some guidance from you experienced S2 users in choosing a custom Kernel that suits my needs which are nothing but good battery life and no random reboots. i heard Siyah kernels are pretty good and cyanogen's too.

And all Cyanogen ROM Suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks for reading

use cm10.1.3 is it the best most battery friendly ,actually most of cm nightlys are ok for daily usage u can even try cm11m3 its also almost stable ,there are many options for custom kernels in stock ,u choose the best for yourself ,for cm and other aosp/aokp roms use the provided kernel for stock bestrecommendation is dorimanx kernel

jadellah177

Mar 8, 2011
OK......CM JB is gonna be more battery friendly than stock JB simply because of the lack of bloatware........
Please don't ask for kernel/ROM recommendations as this is against XDA rules.......
the idea is YOU try them out and YOU decide what is best for YOU.........

Thanks for the clarification, But trying all kernels available will be just a total waste of time and energy, although i'm actually thinking about flashing the cm10.1.3, Do i have to change the kernel? can i just
download latest CWM,
flash it with odin,
do all wipes etc and
flash rom + gapps?
will this process change kernel? because cm10.1.3 doesn't come with any custom kernel inside the package..

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
All ROMs come with their own built in kernels......if you want to change this, it's up to you.....just gotta do your research first........

flasherruts

Sep 11, 2013
Mumbai
i'd suggest you to flash cm10.1.3 stable release or cm10.2 last nightly ( i guess 26th jan nightly was the last one ) as they both are stable and can be used as daily drivers . if the tag " stable " matters to you and of course , the battery too , try out Infected_'s EOL cm10.2.1 final release .. it is a stable release and is a bit faster than the official one as it is compiled using the linaro toolchain .. all the roms i mentioned are smooth , lagless , and yes , stable and battery friendly . i hope my suggestions are helpful and all the best ! #HappyFlashing :)