4.3.1 rooted, how to go to 4.4.2 ?

Search This thread

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
Hi dudes,

I've got a used Nexus 7 (2013) on android 4.3.1 firmware but rooted ...
I'd like to go to the lastest firmware 4.4.2 I guess, so I wonder if I can do a upgrade using the wifi as an unrooted tab or not ?
My tab is rooted , is it a problem for upgrading ?
If so, I'd rather unroot it, I prefere tablet as brand new ...
is there a way to brick my tab using the official update (by wifi) ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

BSnapp

Jan 1, 2014
St George, Utah
If you are not receiving the update, just unroot it, and return it to stock. You can use the Nexus Root Toolkit by Wugfresh. It's really simple to use, and the help section is really good. Goggle it.

Have you tried going into settings, and going into system updates? Just having the tablet rooted, should not prevent you from receiving updates. Now, if it's routed with a custom rom, that's a different story. Good luck

--=={BSnapp} ==--

Reactions: Jhall8

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
hi, it is rooted with the official firmware 4.3.1 I Guess( is there a way to see if it's a custom or official firmware ?)
and I've got the notification of the 4.4.2 upgrade ...
?

In parameters here is what I've got :
band base version
DEB-G00_2.25.1_0802

kernel version
3.4.0-g9e52a21
android-build@vpbs1.mtv.corp.google.com$1

so official one ?

Last edited:

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
I see that you have the LTE model (DEB.). If you could post a screenshot of your About Tablet screen, one of us should be able to help you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
here is the picture

thanks ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20140426_161723.jpg
    IMG_20140426_161723.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 41

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
apparently, trying to do a recevory using the POWER and UP trick, it seemes the guy before me has installed clockworkmod recovery v6.0.4.4 so what should I do ?

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
You could flash a 4.4.2 ROM using Clockwork Mod recovery. NOTE: Please research and double check every step before flashing. The basics are: make sure that you have plenty of battery life; make a backup of your current ROM; do a factory reset in Clockwork Mod; select a 4.4.2 specific to your device, e.g., Paranoid Android for DEB; download a zip file of SuperSu 1.94; download Gapps; then flash the ROM, Gapps, & Supersu. Again: read, read, read through XDA before flashing anything. EDIT: Make sure that you have the most recent Clockwork Mod version for your device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Jhall8

Sep 4, 2012
I understand only English, so I don't know. I do know that as Bsnapp's post states, Wug's Nexus Toolkit works well for unrooting and flashing stock. Back up your files first.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: BSnapp

alucard_xs

Feb 24, 2011
ok ;)
It sais that firt download the original rom on Google site, then juste write "flash-all.bat" (need SDK)
seems too simple no ?

Reactions: BSnapp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok ;)
    It sais that firt download the original rom on Google site, then juste write "flash-all.bat" (need SDK)
    seems too simple no ?

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Use this, you won't have any problems.
    If you are not receiving the update, just unroot it, and return it to stock. You can use the Nexus Root Toolkit by Wugfresh. It's really simple to use, and the help section is really good. Goggle it.

Have you tried going into settings, and going into system updates? Just having the tablet rooted, should not prevent you from receiving updates. Now, if it's routed with a custom rom, that's a different story. Good luck

--=={BSnapp} ==--
    I understand only English, so I don't know. I do know that as Bsnapp's post states, Wug's Nexus Toolkit works well for unrooting and flashing stock. Back up your files first.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
    ok ;)
    seems too simple no ?