sony xperia tablet 2 maybe bricked

Search This thread

onetwoitsthewu

Jan 13, 2015
hi,

i'm new in the forum.
i have an issue:
my tablet doesn't turn on.
i've try to turn it on with the recovery mod (power button and volume up) but nothing...
i put it on charge for something like 4 hours but nothing, no led blinking, no vibration.
what can i try now ? (after pray i mean:eek:)

thank you guys

icyrev

Oct 31, 2014
hi,

i'm new in the forum.
i have an issue:
i've try to turn it on with the recovery mod (power button and volume up) but nothing...
i put it on charge for something like 4 hours but nothing, no led blinking, no vibration.

thank you guys

I had a similar issue 2 times with months in between , no response from power+vol up , no lights when charging , no response from pressing on the red button behind the flaps, last time it happened after a reboot from an update and still having plenty of battery left.
I tried putting it on the charger for a whole day with no result , put it back in the box to return it , decided to let it rest a few days first , since someone had the same issue and it magically came back to life when he got back from a vacation.
So i try to turn it on 2 days later and it worked again magically indeed, functions totally restored till this day.
Hope this helps a bit :)

onetwoitsthewu

Jan 13, 2015
I had a similar issue 2 times with months in between , no response from power+vol up , no lights when charging , no response from pressing on the red button behind the flaps, last time it happened after a reboot from an update and still having plenty of battery left.
I tried putting it on the charger for a whole day with no result , put it back in the box to return it , decided to let it rest a few days first , oksince someone had the same issue and it magically came back to life when he got back from a vacation.
So i try to turn it on 2 days later and it worked again magically indeed, functions totally restored till this day.

I'm seriously thinking to assistance...
Thank you.
Byt

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
I tried putting it on the charger for a whole day with no result , put it back in the box to return it , decided to let it rest a few days first , since someone had the same issue and it magically came back to life when he got back from a vacation.

I've got something like this going on too. Plugging it into a blackberry playbook charger seemed to give it a charge when the OEM charger wouldn't work. It came back to life. I've also noticed that the tablet won't sleep properly while charging. I plug it in, hit the power button to sleep, and it wakes it self as though I plugged a charger in. And so I cycles dimming the screen to sleep and then seconds later like u tap the power button to get the screen to wake. Something s definitely wrong.

jyng371

Feb 17, 2015
hi,

i'm new in the forum.
i have an issue:

thank you guys

I'd the same on my SGP511 yesterday when rooting failed. Just charge for an hour using Sony charger, then press POWER + VOLUME for more than 60 seconds. It vibrates three times and resume from death. Cheers!

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
It seems like some of these boards may be failing. I think this issue is related to the screen not powering off while charging issue. Users are reporting that Sony is repairing the devices by replacing their main boards. I wonder if there is a known issue with z2 tabs that Sony is aware of.

My z2 tab has both of these problems. I flashed a factory ftf to it and it still had the problem. This is what led me to believe that it was hardware related as it didn't used to do it running cm11 or stock firmware.

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
I had this happen to me once or twice, though in my case I could recover via power + up/down (can't remember lol) .

In the end my tablet developed other symptoms (namely inability to magnetic charge, and screen stays always on when charged) so i sent it off for repair and they replaced the motherboard.

Hasn't happened since, though I only have had it back for a few weeks. Touch wood.

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012
I had this happen to me once or twice, though in my case I could recover via power + up/down (can't remember lol) .

In the end my tablet developed other symptoms (namely inability to magnetic charge, and screen stays always on when charged) so i sent it off for repair and they replaced the motherboard.

Hasn't happened since, though I only have had it back for a few weeks. Touch wood.

Does replacing the motherboard mean fully stock and locked boot loader with present DRM keys?

Reactions: onetwoitsthewu

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
Does replacing the motherboard mean fully stock and locked boot loader with present DRM keys?

Yep as in these tablets the flash/CPU/RAM etc. is baked into the mobo so its more or less getting a new tablet internally.

to my shame I updated it without remembering you can only root the older firmware which it did come with ROFL.... oh well the only thing I use root for is adblock

Last edited:
Reactions: onetwoitsthewu

hinuk

Mar 5, 2011
Yep as in these tablets the flash/CPU/RAM etc. is baked into the mobo so its more or less getting a new tablet internally.

to my shame I updated it without remembering you can only root the older firmware which it did come with ROFL.... oh well the only thing I use root for is adblock
Can't you just use flashtools to downgrade your tablet back to the rootable 4.4.2 firmware?
I managed to downgrade my xperia z2 4g tablet with flashtools application.
Only hiccup was that i accidentally put my tablet in bootloop while i tried to downgrade it, after that i just rooted and installed dual recovery. With that dual recovery i could flash pre rooted 4.4.4 and so i still have my drm keys and ps4 remote play app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.