[ROM] CM 11 ( Android 4.4.4 ) for Atrix (BigPart)

Search This thread

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
So how is working, should I wipe cache/dalvik bla bla... before install those kernel zip's from recovery ? or just install without do nothing ? Thanks

I've always made a backup, then flashed the kernel update without wiping with no issues, going all the way back to ICS.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: OBLIVION007

Arichman

Aug 4, 2010
So what do I do if I need to go back to stock in order to unlock my phone from AT&T and I can't find my stock nandroid backup?

I already tried ATT_GB236_45141_Pure+Stock_Fruitcake but I don't think it was made for CM 11 so I get the dreaded “System 7” error. I have tried searching but I just cant seem to find a thread explaining how to get back to stock from CM 11.

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
So what do I do if I need to go back to stock in order to unlock my phone from AT&T and I can't find my stock nandroid backup?

I already tried ATT_GB236_45141_Pure+Stock_Fruitcake but I don't think it was made for CM 11 so I get the dreaded “System 7” error. I have tried searching but I just cant seem to find a thread explaining how to get back to stock from CM 11.

You need a regular recovery, not the bigpart recovery

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Arichman

Aug 4, 2010
Did a Factory reset within CWM and then the fruitcake flashed with no problems. I would have done this to begin with but the post said "(no need to wipe – install script wipes system, data, cache, and Dalvik)".

OBLIVION007

May 19, 2010
This ROM is a Battery Monster...battery draining is so much faster, EVEN with when the screen is off / sleep mode...Actually I think there is no sleep mode in this rom.

Reactions: CHEFINHO1

sacomais

Oct 28, 2012
This ROM is a Battery Monster...battery draining is so much faster, EVEN with when the screen is off / sleep mode...Actually I think there is no sleep mode in this rom.

you may be experiencing the same issue as i do..
install disableservice app and check if systemupdateservice is unchecked in googleplayservices, if so, re-check it and you'll get back deep sleep.
the only problem is that due to random reboots you'll have to do this everytime your phone reboots since it re-unchecks.
if not the case, disregard. lol

cailloup

Aug 23, 2010
you may be experiencing the same issue as i do..
install disableservice app and check if systemupdateservice is unchecked in googleplayservices, if so, re-check it and you'll get back deep sleep.
the only problem is that due to random reboots you'll have to do this everytime your phone reboots since it re-unchecks.
if not the case, disregard. lol

Worked for me :good:
Any clue on how to to that automatically on reboot ?

sacomais

Oct 28, 2012
Worked for me :good:
Any clue on how to to that automatically on reboot ?

no idea
i read somewhere else that this may be due to CMupdater is removed in the rom (i'm not saying that this is the cause but it may be related since CMupdater is removed from the rom (check OP)) or at least that was what i understood lol. anyway i'm far from a developer and this is only a suposition

Reactions: DeanPhoenix

Zn7mkUKzN1r8aCIV

Mar 20, 2013
Final Version & stagefright problem

Hi, there, anyone still using 'M'Atrix???

First of all, my development on L & beyond was halted half a year ago & there is NO plan to continue....

But, given the dangerous stagefright situation [ Stagefright Detetor v3 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector ], (Media just said disabled MMS and you're safe, which is NOT TRUE, your mobile vendor, wifihotspot, Secret Agents could simply MITM pass an 'evil' mp4 or audio files to PAWN you!!!), so there will be a

F(inal) version to conclude my project

It will arrive on very late Aug./early Sept. Cyanogenmod Is still pumping patches on CM11 lately, so just let the sandstorm settles...

If you have any kernel patches like to be included, plz. post here or direct them to Polesapart

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
Hi, there, anyone still using 'M'Atrix???

First of all, my development on L & beyond was halted half a year ago & there is NO plan to continue....

But, given the dangerous stagefright situation [ Stagefright Detetor v3 https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimperium.stagefrightdetector ], (Media just said disabled MMS and you're safe, which is NOT TRUE, your mobile vendor, wifihotspot, Secret Agents could simply MITM pass an 'evil' mp4 or audio files to PAWN you!!!), so there will be a

F(inal) version to conclude my project

It will arrive on very late Aug./early Sept. Cyanogenmod Is still pumping patches on CM11 lately, so just let the sandstorm settles...

If you have any kernel patches like to be included, plz. post here or direct them to Polesapart

+1 on this idea for a final CM11.

Some devices are cherry picking CM12.1 kernel commits and merging them with the CM11 kernel. Not sure if you would like to do this for us here on the A4G?

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BACKUP /OSH (WEBTOP) BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACK YOUR OWN CWM RECOVERY IMAGE FILE BEFORE PROCEED!!!

BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA!!! USE IT ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!

What's BigPart?

BigPart_v2 offers additional /data space of ~300m by shrinking /preinstall (a useless partition) to ~2M

BigPart is a kernel's hack that expands the size of /SYSTEM to ~1G by shrinking the size of /OSH (WEBTOP) to ~2M for flashing full-sized KitKat rom + its Google. In this process, /OSH have to be reformatted and WEBTOP will be gone!!!

THE UPDATE PROCEDURE:

There are FIVE files in the package:

boot_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip
    recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
    recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_hporch32_finalv2.img
    XposedInstaller_58_54_with_zygote_patch.apk

recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img --- Image file for Official CWM-based Recovery v6.0.5.1 with BigPart_v2
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip ---- CWM flashbale zip for Moto Olympus (BigPart) cm-11 FINAL v2

. FASTBOOT flash recovery recovery_olympus_kitkat_bigpart_finalv2.img
    . BOOT into recovery
    . wipe data/factory reset
    . advanced->wipe dalvik cache
    . mounts and storage->format /system, /osh, /preinstall
    cm-11-20151122-UNOFFICIAL-olympus.zip, & ENJOY :)

HOW CAN I REVERT BACK???

. FASTBOOT flash recovery [YOUR ORIGINAL CWM RECOVERY]
    . BOOT into recovery
    . wipe data/factory reset
    . advanced->wipe dalvik cache
    . mounts and storage->format /system, /osh, /preinstall
    run BACKUP AND RETORE to recovery your ORIGINAL ROM (WEBTOP is not recovered in this process, so you have to FLASH it yourself)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

cm11 (android 4.4.4) rom is now available for testing

Core:
    Rom up to Nov 20, 2015 (+ some missing patches from https://groups.google.com/forum/?_e...urity-updates#!forum/android-security-updates )
    Kernel only up to Mar 26, 2015 ( https://github.com/polesapart/android_kernel_motorola_olympus/tree/kitkat )

Additional changes:
    .CMService, CMAccount, CMUpdater removed.
    . VoicePlus, WhispherPush should also be removed by user, or disabled by Security->Privacy->AppOps->Advanced->AutoBoot
    .CMStats GoogleAnalytics related sourcecode removed.
    .RSA2046SHA256 signing keys
    .Use Moto's Xoom RIL libs/bins (lib/libmoto_ril.so, lib/libpppd_plugin-ril.so, bin/pppd-ril, bin/chat-ril)

FINAL v2:
    . MUST UPDATE
    . CM updated Stagefright & related patches on Nov. + Extra patches on bmp, flac, png from Google
    . Resilient to all publicly known bugs checked by VTS for AndroidVTS ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowsecure.android.vts )
    . custom-built XposedInstaller v59_v54 with zygote patches included.

FINAL:
    . MUST UPDATE
    . kernel: misc. CVE patches from http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/project:CyanogenMod/android_kernel_google_msm (Aug.5 - Aug. 7) , resilient to BlackHat 2015 pingpong attack
    .core: StageFright fix!

v4:
    . Do upgrade!!! It contains recent security patches on libcore
    . Sms is upgraded by CM from (Mms -> Mms-caf), plz. check its 'new' setting...
    . This should be the my last version on Kitkat before serving Lolipop :)

v3m:
    . switched to Polesapart's Kitkat kernel (with a lot of enhancement)
    . bash third party patch not necessary

v3:
    .Official Recovery 6.0.5.1 (built from sourcetree)
    .BigPart_v2 ( /data expands 3000M, /preinstall shrinks to 2M )
    .Wifi Tethering final fixed
    .kernel DOCKING partial fixed
    .Youtube/Google & related FC fixed

v2:
    . Selinux Enforce/Permissive switcher (Settings->About Phone->Selinux status, triple fast click)
    . external SD swapper (Setiings->Advance->Use external storage REBOOT!)
    . Wifi Tethering ??? (reenable ebatbles in ROM & KERNEL, added radish)
    . 1% battery
    . recovery /sdcard mount
    . selinux rules fix
    . Call recording NOT WORKING [ build.prop : persist.call_recording.enabled=true, persist.call_recording.src=4 ]

Not working (need more testing)
    .fingerprint
    .hdmi mirroring
    .BT phone call
    . Call recording
    . Encryption

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

link : https://www.solidfiles.com/d/7cf8997e48/
    (Plz. set it up in some permanent place, thx)

name : Olympus_KitKat_finalv2.zip
    size : 255,762,046 bytes
    md5sum : b02c0e692ada0d7b2fc73854e727ab0c
    sha1sum : 13901a1d518ce9dfd265ce62f4305aa90b8d00de
    sha256sum : 58f1f4239f57cc42693bf1d0be17807bf47a8e449c0eed282370b4a50e01ccf4

HOW TO REPORT BUGS

In addition to normal LOGCAT, plz. provide /DATA/MISC/AUDIT/AUDIT.LOG as 4.4.4 is SELINUX-ENABLED.
    lollipop update

Lollipop update:

Almost everything breaks at first, after a couple of weeks of work, the status

Working:

ENCRYPTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Audio PARTIAL (no microphone... ... )
    Radio(Phone) PARTIL (since no microphone, can call/receive but no sound)
    3D games running smoothly

NOT WORKING

Camera
    Wifi

I am still working on it, be patient.

Hi, i know Z is working hard on Lollipop and every one awaits its done, but my request is for KK, i need a Sing Keys to that rom, or eventually a new builded rom with sign keys attached to it. I don't have experience with making a rom and all my attempts to make it form sources fails, the same happen when trying to resign whole rom( signing fails in term.apk - can't disassemble it) - so can some one help me out ?

Term.apk is directly 'copied' by running sh file in vendor/cm, I didn't touch it. Since it was signed by the original author, it does not have system rights like those apks singed by the ramdonly generated test keys :)
    v3 released!!!

v3 released, check it out in OP

I will be lay low for while after v3. As for L releases, just don't throw your Atrix away, have faith, be patient, and you might be served with a new DESSERT :)

In the meantimes, plz. help each other out.
    v4 (Xmas & New Year) is now available!

Grab it from OP

v4:
    . Do upgrade!!! It contains recent security patches on libcore
    . Sms is upgraded by CM from (Mms -> Mms-caf), plz. check its 'new' setting...
    . This should be the my last version on Kitkat before serving Lolipop
    Lolipop first BOOTUP

That patch was applied for quite some time now; If our kernel still fails an actual exploit then either that patch doesn't fix the problem or has a bad interaction with some other patch.

My mistake, Poles, your futex.c has already incorporated the patch.

Okay, L boots up finally, after I found a proper bionic for it... ... Both CM & Google has been increasing 'cruel' to our non-neon tegra2 phone...

The current status is :

L just boots up, selinux is whacky, camera & audio wrappers whacks... but it does not prevent me from publishing it in a latter date :)