recovery verified failed?

Search This thread

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
ok so rooted and loaded the 1.031.00_ww_gen1 for my tab.

installed everything cool nice looking no screen or wifi probs at all.

ive since decided i would like to try flexreaper as ive heard it has the ring and faceunlock working,

so i check my recovery is working so i can flash a new update.zip

when i try to enter recovery i get this message:

rasing cache before SD update
SD update cmd: recovery
--update_Package=SDCARD:update.zip
Booting recovery kernel image
(IN RED) Recovery verified failed

if gone to acer recovery installer and tried installing the cwm1.3.4 and 1.7 both by thro2002ro but to no avail still the same error,

i also installed clockworkmod and tried installing the recovery there and rebooting .....to the same error ....can anyone help?

tawhid111

Apr 3, 2011
TORONTO

everything can be

ive since decided i would like to try flexreaper as ive heard it has the ring and faceunlock working,

if gone to acer recovery installer and tried installing the cwm1.3.4 and 1.7 both by thro2002ro but to no avail still the same error,

i also installed clockworkmod and tried installing the recovery there and rebooting .....to the same error ....can anyone help?

For those who need the solution :
I presume this should work to downgrade from any ICS builds as well .

just fixed that problem been at it for almost 10 hours to find a correct solution

get your correct UID . In my case there some weird problem UID wasnt diplaying it all (insted i was seeing serial number even with adb devices..) ... use backup_tool to get UID works greats hands down !
get it from this link
Click to download

if that doesntt work look across the forum on how to find your UID

once you have that get EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1
get it from this link Click to Download

dont plug in iconia tab let it search for firmware about 5 min eventually it will ask you if you want to restore it say yes and input your CPUID (same as UID) Then put the TAB Into APX MODE

Hold power +reset button for 3 sec then let it power go one sec later let reset go you can use board pin
jujwg5.jpg

and plug in your usb cable .

This process may take upto 10 mins ... or less
sit back it will be restored back to stock ! HC 3.01

thats it

nvflash utility did not work for me !

Last edited:

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011

Read , read, if you installed the leak or received the OTA from Acer to ICS you need to unlock your boot loader and install custom recovery.
There are at least 2 threads in dev section about it.

wcrov

May 13, 2006
Read , read, if you installed the leak or received the OTA from Acer to ICS you need to unlock your boot loader and install custom recovery.

The problem is all xda developers are working under M$ Windows programs. Where are the MacOsX dev?
I'm waiting for a good soul to develop a MicroSD or Mac ICS bootloader unlocker...
:D

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

ebonikeys

Jan 23, 2011

I have the same problem but I think Im in the correct path but I cant seem to go to download mode. Im stuck in "entering acer download mode" now I dont know what to do. I.ve read somewhere here in the forums that it has something to do with the windows version. I did it in windows xp. Help pls

tawhid111

Apr 3, 2011
TORONTO
I have the same problem but I think Im in the correct path but I cant seem to go to download mode. Im stuck in "entering acer download mode" now I dont know what to do. I.ve read somewhere here in the forums that it has something to do with the windows version. I did it in windows xp. Help pls

did u try what i posted above

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011

You are in the download mode = entering download mode. Its the same thing.
Just run the command.

ggt91160

May 7, 2012
Recovery verified failed ...

Hi all,
I have the same problem :mad:

On the splash screen:
(IN RED) Recovery verified failed ...

i tried different things like the post before, but nothing change.

Nothing important on my a500, i would like to reinit the system and install FLEXREAPER-R14-1.033.00_1.031.00-ICS.

Thank you for your help

Gill

ggt91160

May 7, 2012
Yesssssss

Good news!!

Succeed with blackthund3r_A500_APX_Flash_Tool_v0.3-V3BL-CWM
and
first recovery_thor17_403... but black screen...
so with V3-APX-PACKAGES

:p

blueis300

Dec 22, 2010
Murfreesboro
Hmm nothing has worked for me. Have tried several things. Sometimes the Acer Utility says bad cpu id, then it says its trying to install. Tried ApX Flash but my tab does nothing. I get a power light and that is it. Well maybe another day or two I will figure it out.

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Hmm nothing has worked for me. Have tried several things. Sometimes the Acer Utility says bad cpu id,
Not sure what u mean by Acer utility, but the first thing u need is ya cpuid - the flash wont work without it....
I get a power light and that is it. Well maybe another day or two I will figure it out.
the 2nd thing you'll need is the Acer drivers, run the setup.exe. turnntab off and get into apx with button press, then check device manager
that u got acer boot recovery drivers installed under USB controllers, if they not there then check adb interface for apx drivers, as long as
u have one or other u shud be all good

blueis300

Dec 22, 2010
Murfreesboro
I tried the PBJ upgrade and my CPUID said it was fine but sat at install and never did anything. Tried the APX FLASH and it says complete but still cant do anything.
Says all drivers are installed. It lists apx mode but when I do ADB it doesnt list any devices. Also never lists anything in device manager.

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
I tried the PBJ upgrade and my CPUID said it was fine but sat at install and never did anything. Tried the APX FLASH and it says complete but still cant do anything.
Says all drivers are installed. It lists apx mode but when I do ADB it doesnt list any devices. Also never lists anything in device manager.
with the euu . did u keep tab disconnected till u got the 'cant detect yr iconia tab screen" then button combo into apex mode?

tawhid111

Apr 3, 2011
TORONTO
There seem to be some problem with (64 bit os) try using 32 bit windows....
-Tested over windows 7 32 bit no problem
-Tested over windows 7 64 bit no problem

Double check your cpuid in the folder the file called CPUID.txt inside EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1 folder
make sure it match or else youll get invalid cpuid error

make sure your cpuid in in cpuid.txt is written like this 0x0YOUROWNCPUIDGOES HERE example 0x037c624942c11318

and also when entering it in PBJ20upgrade add a 0
example 037c624942c11318

if you need more help pm me

Last edited:

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
have you tried the new apx flash updater and a500 manager from blackthunder? it lets you go into recovery from your pc and you can flash a new recovery and bootloader ...very easily i think your on the locked bootloader thats why you cant get into recovery like i was,. i installed a PATCHED UNLOCKED bootloader and now everything is cool :D

its in civato's guide page you can use this guide to flash a unlocked one, (v4+)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622425

make sure u have a backup and your cpuid!!!!

Optional A500MANAGER
What does it do :
· One-click APX Mode entry
· One-click Recovery Mode entry
· One-click fastboot entry for patched bootloaders
· Instant logcat viewer
· Instant dmesg Viewer
· Function which dumps the dmesg to a text file on the desktop
· Serial number extraction to make SBK calculation exponentially easier
· Links to ICS Root, A500 APX Flash Tool and two download links (Acer and my mirror) for USB Drivers
· Shows what mode the tablet is in at the bottom

Last edited:

gotsnow

May 15, 2011
Spaces?

Does the SBK extracted from the CPUID need to be entered without spaces?

have you tried the new apx flash updater and a500 manager from blackthunder? it lets you go into recovery from your pc and you can flash a new recovery and bootloader ...very easily i think your on the locked bootloader thats why you cant get into recovery like i was,. i installed a PATCHED UNLOCKED bootloader and now everything is cool :D

its in civato's guide page you can use this guide to flash a unlocked one, (v4+)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622425

make sure u have a backup and your cpuid!!!!

Optional A500MANAGER
What does it do :
· One-click APX Mode entry
· One-click Recovery Mode entry
· One-click fastboot entry for patched bootloaders
· Instant logcat viewer
· Instant dmesg Viewer
· Function which dumps the dmesg to a text file on the desktop
· Serial number extraction to make SBK calculation exponentially easier
· Links to ICS Root, A500 APX Flash Tool and two download links (Acer and my mirror) for USB Drivers
· Shows what mode the tablet is in at the bottom

kallinsba

Oct 21, 2013
recovery verified failed FIX explained

Good news!!

Succeed with blackthund3r_A500_APX_Flash_Tool_v0.3-V3BL-CWM
and
first recovery_thor17_403... but black screen...
so with V3-APX-PACKAGES

:p
What he implies is:
1. He used the Manual Modem to Goto APX First Black screen. [ instructions can be got from: blackthund3r_A500_APX_Flash_Tool_v0.3-V3BL-CWM tool under Manual Mode]
2. Then he Used/Resumed with the blackthund3r_A500_APX_Flash_Tool_v0.3-V3BL-CWM, tool under the Automatic Enter APX Mode, till he got APX logo.

3. Went to Bundles and selected recovery_thor There is Option 17. This is First Step when RUNNING blackthund3r_A500_APX_Flash_Tool_v0.3-V3BL-CWM.

4. Then finally Recovery is flashed Perfectly. So u can install any custom ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

everything can be

For those who need the solution :
    I presume this should work to downgrade from any ICS builds as well .

just fixed that problem been at it for almost 10 hours to find a correct solution

get your correct UID . In my case there some weird problem UID wasnt diplaying it all (insted i was seeing serial number even with adb devices..) ... use backup_tool to get UID works greats hands down !
    get it from this link
    Click to download

if that doesntt work look across the forum on how to find your UID

once you have that get EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1
    get it from this link Click to Download

dont plug in iconia tab let it search for firmware about 5 min eventually it will ask you if you want to restore it say yes and input your CPUID (same as UID) Then put the TAB Into APX MODE

Hold power +reset button for 3 sec then let it power go one sec later let reset go you can use board pin
    jujwg5.jpg

and plug in your usb cable .

This process may take upto 10 mins ... or less
    sit back it will be restored back to stock ! HC 3.01

thats it

nvflash utility did not work for me !