[ROM][4.2.2][NIGHTLIES] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One XL

Search This thread

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010
Sorry to post this later than expected. Looks like we got it working shortly after my last post about it last night. Gotta do some other testing and such for some kernel updates (not related) and chase these other gerrit changes to approval (still....).

Should be putting a build together for everyone soon.

davis7198

Dec 11, 2010
IN
For the past two days I have had a weird bug happening. I set up the hardware keys for long press home to open Google Now and the app switch for opening options. For most of the day it works as planned but for the past two days it seems at random that the buttons change and just tapping home opens google now and tapping the app switcher opens up the app switcher. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

aqtrans

Oct 7, 2007
For the past two days I have had a weird bug happening. I set up the hardware keys for long press home to open Google Now and the app switch for opening options. For most of the day it works as planned but for the past two days it seems at random that the buttons change and just tapping home opens google now and tapping the app switcher opens up the app switcher. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I've had this exact problem happen a few times. I ended up just turning off the 'hardware keys' customization entirely.

subarudroid

Jun 18, 2011
SL,UT

+1 the short press is functioning as long press. Reboot fixes. We should create a new issue in the issues list. However we might want to wait till the next build with kernel changes? See how the next one settles.

Sent from my HOX w/CM10.1 :)

lschen

Jan 13, 2007
I seem to recall that for CM10, to retain LTE access in Rogers and AT&T, you needed to start with a 4.0.x HTC ROM. Is that still the case with CM10.1?

I am wondering (complete conjecture) whether the GPS dropouts are due to some sort of mismatch conflict between the RIL's?

Reactions: jmmyz14

P_Dub_S

May 23, 2007
Temple City, CA
Sorry to post this later than expected. Looks like we got it working shortly after my last post about it last night. Gotta do some other testing and such for some kernel updates (not related) and chase these other gerrit changes to approval (still....).

Should be putting a build together for everyone soon.

Will bluetooth still be using this update https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andr...mmit/2a3e0ac753675266eba70316add705688412746c I have not been able to use any ROM since the last experimental CM10 that update really screwed my bluetooth quality with distortion. At this point if it doesn't get reverted I am gonna have to either buy a new car stereo, start a bounty for someone to modify that specific setting on newer builds, or sell the phone which I really don't want to do. Please can I get a yay or nay on whether you care to fix this or not so I can move on?

Last edited:

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Will bluetooth still be using this update https://github.com/cyanogenmod/andr...mmit/2a3e0ac753675266eba70316add705688412746c I have not been able to use any ROM since the last experimental CM10 that update really screwed my bluetooth quality with distortion. At this point if it doesn't get reverted I am gonna have to either buy a new car stereo, start a bounty for someone to modify that specific setting on newer builds, or sell the phone which I really don't want to do. Please can I get a yay or nay on whether you care to fix this or not so I can move on?

Why don't you just go back to a different ROM? No shame in that. Find something that works and stick with it or deal with the rough ride of progress (or learn and help the progress)! Either of those options are good, but nobody really cares about whether you buy a new car stereo. Fix it yourself, comment on/file a relevant bug, deal with it, or try another ROM. I see no other productive alternative... Surely the CyanogenMod team "care(s) to fix" all issues in their distribution - the challenges of time, manpower and distributed knowledge make this a utopian goal, however. Contribute or leech, just don't complain about it ;)

P_Dub_S

May 23, 2007
Temple City, CA
Why don't you just go back to a different ROM? No shame in that. Find something that works and stick with it or deal with the rough ride of progress (or learn and help the progress)! Either of those options are good, but nobody really cares about whether you buy a new car stereo. Fix it yourself, comment on/file a relevant bug, deal with it, or try another ROM. I see no other productive alternative... Surely the CyanogenMod team "care(s) to fix" all issues in their distribution - the challenges of time, manpower and distributed knowledge make this a utopian goal, however. Contribute or leech, just don't complain about it ;)

I can't go to a different ROM on sense i had the same problem it was CyanogenMod that fixed it up until that last update. I have been using CM since the Tmobile G1 days it worked then. Then upgraded to a EVO 4G CyanogenMod fixed it back then too then upgraded to the ONE X and guess what CM fixed the same problem that has plagued HTC's Sense based ROMS since all the way back to the HTC Hero days. Now the latest update that I linked causes distortion and btw I did comment on that fix and if you see nobody has replied that hey well look into it nothing. All i can do is ask nothing wrong with that and its a simple answer of either yes ill see what i can do or hey I really don't care about that problem and you can go fly a kite. Not trying to complain but trying to get a FIX or even a acknowledgement.

As for contributing I have contributed plenty over the years since my G1 from logcats to donations hell I helped fix the microphone using the top input problem by bringing it up so don't just assume I haven't done anything in relation to CM.

Last edited:

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
I can't go to a different ROM on sense i had the same problem it was CyanogenMod that fixed it up until that last update. I have been using CM since the Tmobile G1 days it worked then. Then upgraded to a EVO 4G CyanogenMod fixed it back then too then upgraded to the ONE X and guess what CM fixed the same problem that has plagued HTC's Sense based ROMS since all the way back to the HTC Hero days. Now the latest update that I linked causes distortion and btw I did comment on that fix and if you see nobody has replied that hey well look into it nothing. All i can do is ask nothing wrong with that and its a simple answer of either yes ill see what i can do or hey I really don't care about that problem and you can go fly a kite. Not trying to complain but trying to get a FIX or even a acknowledgement.

As for contributing I have contributed plenty over the years since my G1 from logcats to donations hell I helped fix the microphone using the top input problem by bringing it up so don't just assume I haven't done anything in relation to CM.

Better ways to go about this abound. If you'd like to discuss it further feel free to PM me, I think I've made the only public point I needed to in my previous post. I'm a little more Kantean than some in regards to this topic and I believe your history is not as important as your present choices.

h8rift

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2010

We are aware and of course we are working on the problem. There are hundreds of other issue besides audio quality at this time.

I see what you responded the way you did, but you should be more aware that this will only cause more back-and-forth, which does nothing for this project excepts stops me to calm everyone down. again.

Of course this is being worked on, there is no need to flaunt your credentials and past deeds. I get it bro :).

Better ways to go about this abound. If you'd like to discuss it further feel free to PM me, I think I've made the only public point I needed to in my previous post. I'm a little more Kantean than some in regards to this topic and I believe your history is not as important as your present choices.

I'm glad you are trying to pull this into a PM (where it belongs, mind you!)

<begin rant>
To all who think that every single reply on every single issue on every single forums post, issue tracker, and Q&A topic is going to receive a personalized message from me saying "Don't worry br0, I got it.", throw that thought in the trash can.

I see *every single issue* on the Issue Tracker.

Every.
Single.
Day.

I look at them and try to think which one can I tackle today while still continuing to fix the problems we already have porting this forward, and trying to help users that need support (emailing me, PM'ing me, GTalking me, Google+ messaging me, and pinging me on IRC).

Now please don't start replying with anger, and dont reply with "dont make him mad, he will leave us!" either. I do this because I have fun doing it. The more and more I play with Android, the more enjoyment I get. I've spent the last 10 years in IT doing, you guessed it, squashing bugs! Its fun for me!

Just don't take the fun out of it by saying "is it done yet?" or "what's the problem, it seems so easy" or "well I'm just gonna leave for XYZ rom". To be completely, level-headedly honest. I'm fine if you feel the need to flash another ROM. I didn't make this for you. I made this for fun. I'm just sharing it with you.

Basically. I love that you guys enjoy using this as much as I enjoy working on it. And the support from all of you is amazing. Let's just keep it that simple, k?

</rant>

Thanks all!
-h8

P_Dub_S

May 23, 2007
Temple City, CA
Thankyou for taking the time and I understand where I went wrong I apologize for the way I may have came off in my writing. Just very passionate about CM been using it for so long and can't see myself using any other ROM.

xetrev

Jul 30, 2010
Thankyou for taking the time and I understand where I went wrong I apologize for the way I may have came off in my writing. Just very passionate about CM been using it for so long and can't see myself using any other ROM.

Sit tight and use the CM10 stable. It has everything working just fine.

I am doing the same till bluetooth is ironed out since I use it in the car for stereo/conference calls and in the gym.

Thanks for your efforts on this from h8rift!

Reactions: edditnyc

JoeM01

Nov 18, 2011
Can someone refresh my memory, does the CM10 stable ROM have the updated Bluetooth stack (i.e. the revised one, that unless you have a compatible A2DP headunit, it causes distortion), or the original stack? Basically, I want to go back to CM, but I stream audio and can't use the revised stack in my car.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

P_Dub_S

May 23, 2007
Temple City, CA
Can someone refresh my memory, does the CM10 stable ROM have the updated Bluetooth stack (i.e. the revised one, that unless you have a compatible A2DP headunit, it causes distortion), or the original stack? Basically, I want to go back to CM, but I stream audio and can't use the revised stack in my car.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

It has the updated you need the last experimental one but its not on the download list anymore I'll upload it for you real quick. I'll send the link to it in a PM

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeM01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is the official Nightly Build of CM10.1 for the AT&T HTC One X / HTC One XL.

To hear about the latest updates and changes to CyanogenMod as a whole, please follow +CyanogenMod on Google+!
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Installation Instructions (These are all required)
    1. S-Off your device (Do this before RUU'ing and it will not wipe your /sdcard)
    2. Update to 3.18 RUU
    3. Flash a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM)
    4. Download latest Nightly
    5. Download and flash GAPPS

Nightlies return! Keep an eye on http://get.cm/?device=evita

List all Questions and Off-Topic discussions here

Changelog

Huge thanks:
    intervigil, xkonni, toastcfh, deck and rohan32 - Great team to work with for the HTC MSM8960 device family.
    @h8rift please check PM

Thread has been cleaned out. While I realize Development has slowed, I have created an OT thread in the General section HERE For all to decompress ;)

Lets try to stick with CM talk here.

Thank you

Thanks Tony, and sorry for the very late reply to your PM. You did what I would have asked :).

Development is still going on for this device, but we're trying to work on m7 (HTC One) and this family and get them merged so they always stay up to date with eachother. Its a fun, but daunting task...so please bear with me :). Once we get this kernel cleaned up it *does* have working HDMI and no refresh lines too. So basically, it will be near perfect and solid for this device. Just need some time as alot of us have had work stuff, personal stuff, (and myself) medical stuff going on.

We still love our S4 8960 devices, so they aren't forgotten :). We're learning alot about things we can fix here from what we are learning about the m7, so its a great experience for us and for you, the user. So kick back and relax and I will definitely put a noticable post up when nightlies return to normal and we move on to the other kernel which drops the lib that got us DMCA'ed.

Thanks everyone,
    -h8
    I believe everyone is correct and a status update is required at this point. This was my first CM device to maintain and I have a deep love and respect for it.

We just merged up our 3.4 stuff to CyanogenMod and each of the four devices in the family have a few leftover issues before we start nightlies again.

Here's the scoop on our phone on 3.4 at this moment:

All features work except:
    *720p/1080p video
    *random reboots
    *increased battery drain over 3.0 kernel as it is not optimized or has a stale process chewing battery. Its nothing catastrophic, but noticeable.

Issue-by-issue:
    #1: this is broken on all four devices at the moment and as all of you remember from cm9, cm10, cm-10.1 w/3.0 kernel....we do camera last. Stability first, features second, polish third.

#2 I bricked my Evita while fixing this issue so it could be released in an alpha status to you all. Luckily, XsMagical has been very very kind and offered to donate me a new motherboard ($150) to revive my device. It should be in the mail coming my way on Monday. We believe we found the fix, I just need to validate.

#3 this issue will be addressed after reboots and camera are up. Hell it could be the camera or reboots causing it. That's why we polish last.

**Sidenote: in 6-8 months I will most likely get whatever new htc device is out there and maintain it too if its on at&t. Why? Because our 4 (now 6) man squad are all CM has for HTC development officially. Period. There's nearly 10 people on the GS3 and GS4 series of phones just by themselves. No one wants or loves htc devices more than us so damn right I will do my hardest to maintain as much and as many as I can. Every new device I encounter the mire I learn how to fix up the others. We figured out HDMI out for this device by working on the HTC One, for example. We are also looking at merging kernels so that yes, thus device will be continually carried through new versions of android as well as the newer devices.

Some Evita users moved to the HTC One already and I was already there having their back. I would feel more appreciative that you get an easy-going, hard working person like me to give up all this time to work on devices knowing dang well that if you upgrade to another AT&T HTC device, you can expect me along with it. I feel I am dependable and actually listen to complaints, kudos, and feedback and respond appropriately, while other developers might not really care to respond to anything. My PM box fills up daily with questions and queries about how to build android from source for random devices like Huawei, or older devices like the HTC Flyer tablet. I literally work 45 hours a week at work, then put in another 5 hours minimum every night (or 10-15 on weekends). If you have been wondering what I have done with my 25 hours on android this week it has been trying to find a way to un-brick my Evita before that motherboard arrives so I can get to work this weekend. Rohan has been helping out a lot since my device died but he is very busy at the moment.

Last but not least. As soon as I can confirm the random reboots every 5-10 minutes are gone and it is a stable phone (I'm talking voice and data, because phone call availability is #1 priority...I mean...its a phone for crying out loud...), I will be blowing this thread up with test builds to see if we catch other bugs.

But I would rather see you on a stable build from March than an unstable build today and something happens to a family member and you don't get the phone call. Or maybe you get hurt badly and your phone reboots in mid-dial.

That's what I think about. That's why there are no test builds yet. Be patient, I want to see everyone excited again once this is released again. Lord knows I could use a few hours break by having all the devices on nightlies so I can work out bugs!

Sorry for the length, but that's what's on my mind after I read the last few posts so I wanted you to know *everything* that is going on.

Thanks,
    -h8

Sent from my One using xda app-developers app
    Little update for you guys, the remaining issues are almost done for the 3.4 kernel. the permanent black screen unless USB is plugged in is gone now. We are now dealing with a screen on / off delay of a half a second and getting camera working again :).

Sit tight, eat some popcorn, you will enjoy the update when its available (then nightlies will start up again shortly after, bc we wont need the file that got us DMCA'ed). This also sets us up for quick updates to the next version of android since we're mostly CAF, with minor HTC bits needed to run the vendor-specific hardware.
    H8 is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

We're making major headway on our 3.4 kernel. No tearing and such, super smooth. Only problem right now is Camera, screen on/off delay, and if you dont have a USB cable plugged in, after about 10-15 seconds, the screen will not turn back on until you plug a usb cable back in. Otherwise its pretty much fully CAF code :).

Sorry haven't been around, we took a break for about a week, we'll still waiting on our vendor repo to come back. That break did us well, we're making major progress now.

There is no "giving up", its just "how long will it take". We are going to miss M3 but are trying to be ready for cm-10.1 stable. We'll just have to see.

Thanks guys!
    -h8rift