[app] [Aug 26] Google Maps Mobile v3.2.1

Search This thread

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
How's it hanging xda? So every now and then I check to see if a new version of GMM is available so I can try to post it here first for those of you who gotta have the highest version number or cook it in roms. Not much of a hacking development, just posting for your convenience; so here's a fresh one, version 3.2.1.

Here's a vague changelog of 3.2.* but I think the only noticeable difference between this and 3.2.0 is a better layering manager. And of course the version number, they improved that a notch.

Doug

Attachments

• GoogleMaps_v3.2.1.cab
    1 MB · Views: 2,269

mimosoft

Mar 31, 2009
How's it hanging xda? So every now and then I check to see if a new version of GMM is available so I can try to post it here first for those of you who gotta have the highest version number or cook it in roms. Not much of a hacking development, just posting for your convenience; so here's a fresh one, version 3.2.1.

Here's a vague changelog of 3.2.* but I think the only noticeable difference between this and 3.2.0 is a better layering manager. And of course the version number, they improved that a notch.

Doug

thx! now i dont need to look because you can inform me in this thread :D

@rj*n

Mar 1, 2008
Taplejung
thx for the update and thread bro! i see tht they've added 'Places of Interest' & 'Favourite Places'- good to find new places/info and yh as u said a better layering system :) Thx again :)

d0ugie

Jan 30, 2007
New York
batteryboss.org
traffic improvement?

Does this version support background location updating?

Yeah, if you're referring to Latitude.

Another thing it does that I don't remember 3.2.0 doing (but I could be wrong, maybe it had this) is give traffic for major avenues and cross streets in my city at least. Before it just gave the FDR, the West Side Highway and the bridges and tunnels whereas now you can see what's doing on Broadway, Park Avenue, 57th Street, Malcolm X Boulevard -- not all but most major arteries (I'm in NYC, btw). Very nice. Here, look:

gmmmanhattantraffic.png

It might do that in other cities too, fiddle with it.

I just flashed TPC which, though otherwise badass, included some Bing application. I begrudgingly tested its maps thing. It's sad and irritating that Microsoft is trying really hard to play copycat (but sucking at it) with Google. Man I hate that company but I've got to admit some of those Bing ads are witty.

Which reminds me, my mom's Linux laptop just arrived, gotta head over and install KDE for her. She's 65, she can barely use the television remote but loves Linux and I love that I don't get nearly as many calls for help as I did when she was using MS. I'll use GMM to see how much crosstown traffic I'm looking at.

Just put all my IRA money into Google, parenthetically.

Doug

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Is there a package of this? I know Google maps is a hard one to convert because there are extra settings that change after it is installed. I don't know if this version is like that or not. I think it requires B-Compare to see all the changes before and after install.

Just wondering.

anhphe076

Sep 20, 2008
CanTho
Google Maps 3.2.1(#17) Update!

Google Maps 3.2.1(#17) Update! (06/10/2009)

Attachments

• GoogleMapsv3.2.1.17.CAB
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • screen02q.jpg
    screen02q.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 38

del4

Jan 25, 2007
Arizona
Why no update notification

And now v3.3.1.0 is out... Every time I go searching for a new version, I can't help but wonder why Microsoft has a way to check for updates within their Bing mobile app but Google doesn't?