[APP][2.3.3-4.1][ROOT] BlueCtrl - Bluetooth input device emulator

Search This thread

RonsDev

Feb 16, 2012
*** REQUIRES ROOT PERMISSIONS ***
*** NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 4.2 ***

BlueCtrl is an open source Bluetooth input device emulator that can control remote devices. This means that you can use the touchscreen and keyboard of your Android device to control other devices which support Bluetooth.

Because this app is using the Bluetooth input standard, it supports various operating systems without any special server software. It has been successfully tested with the following systems:
  • Android
  • iOS
  • Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu...)
  • Mac OS X
  • PlayStation 3
  • Windows
Please note that if you want to use this app with Microsoft Windows, you probably need to disable a conflicting Android service. For more information look at:

https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl/wiki/Bluetooth-input-service-conflict

This app requires root permissions because it needs direct access to the Bluetooth adapter. Another restriction is that it is only compatible with a specific Bluetooth stack that is called BlueZ, which is used on many but not all devices with a Android version smaller 4.2.

What's new
  • New system specific touchpad gestures
    The gestures are now optimized for the chosen remote device system. Linux and Windows systems also got a new setting for the gesture mode. So, for example, if you are using Windows 8 you can configure the appropriate gesture mode to enable the special Windows 8 edge gestures.
  • New interactive touchpad tutorial
    The interactive tutorial will explain all gestures for the current system and can be activated via the menu.
  • New menu item for composing text
    This is especially helpful if you want to write a longer text because you can keep your eyes on the device and see what you write and it also allows you to correct the text before it is send.
  • Voice input can be corrected before sending
    Voice input will be displayed in a edit box before it is send so that you are able to correct misinterpreted words.
  • New "Stay awake" setting
    This setting prevents that the device is going into standby and disconnects the connection. To save some energy the screen will however be dimmed after 30 seconds of inactivity.
  • New "Scroll sensitivity" setting
  • You can long press the keyboard button to change the input method
Full Changelog

Project Page
https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 14,005
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 13,108
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 13,086
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 10,203
  • BlueCtrl-3.0.apk
    302.2 KB · Views: 28,995
Last edited:

andslide

Nov 6, 2010
Hey
I thank you sooo much I needed something like this alot for school and you have helped me big

I would donate but I'm only a kid sorry but I would get this out to the world. It would be big

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

NJ72

Feb 17, 2012
Wantage
Hey,

This app sounds great, running a rooted SGS2 running XXLPB ICS (4.0.3). Have installed and all appears fine, trying to manipulate my PS3 with it nothing happens... Does it only work for custom OSs on PS3? or does it work with the standard PS3 'XMB'?

Cheers

P.s. I realise that I have used a very large amount of acronyms... many apologies, but I estimate to have saved myself a small age in not writing them all out! :D

boombuler

Jul 16, 2008
Hey,

This app sounds great, running a rooted SGS2 running XXLPB ICS (4.0.3). Have installed and all appears fine, trying to manipulate my PS3 with it nothing happens... Does it only work for custom OSs on PS3? or does it work with the standard PS3 'XMB'?

Cheers

P.s. I realise that I have used a very large amount of acronyms... many apologies, but I estimate to have saved myself a small age in not writing them all out! :D

If I try to pair it with PS3 the ps3 said: "error..." and the app seems to be connected and nothing seem to work but if I try to pair again the PS3 still said "error..." but the app works perfect... at least as long as you dont restart the ps3.

jonnyjb

May 8, 2011
Calgary
Wont connect to PS3

Firstly thank you for making this app..
so i go into "manage bluetooth devices" and try to pair my rooted i9000 ics 4.0.3,
and i get error (8000315c2) try to regester again i try again and again and and and nothing.... please help....

RonsDev

Feb 16, 2012
I'm currently investigating the PS3 error but it will take a little bit longer because I don't have a PS3.

thangng90

Mar 1, 2012
What IDE do you use to build this app? I'm new to Android and so far I've just used Eclipse. In your source code I didn't see gen folder with R class.

I also met problem when connecting two devices (two Android phones). after paring, I pressed "connect" button then I received a message "Connection refused. The remote device is busy or the devices aren't correctly paired".
Is there a phase to enter the key used to pair two devices? If yes, I didn't see that phase.

Last edited:

RonsDev

Feb 16, 2012
What IDE do you use to build this app? I'm new to Android and so far I've just used Eclipse. In your source code I didn't see gen folder with R class.

The app is build with the Ant build tool on the command line (see the README) but I use Eclipse to develop the Java code. The gen folder will be automatically generated if you build the project.

I also met problem when connecting two devices (two Android phones). after paring, I pressed "connect" button then I received a message "Connection refused. The remote device is busy or the devices aren't correctly paired".
Is there a phase to enter the key used to pair two devices? If yes, I didn't see that phase.

Before you press the “connect” button you should wait a little until the other device shows that the devices are paired (sometimes the “connect” button is enabled too early because Android reports that the devices are paired even if the pairing process hasn't finished yet). Before that you should normally see a pairing request dialog or notification where you enter or confirm the key.

obogz

Aug 6, 2011
Thaks alot

Out of all the applications o the market yours is the only one that works on all systems. If you want to post a donation version on the android market I'll gladly donate to help you improve your work.

andslide

Nov 6, 2010
Hey thanks for the app. Its amazing. I was the first post :) but I got one thing that I was wondering if you could look into.. I have two devices. A htc g2. And a Samsung galaxy player 5.0. Both rooted but g2 on cyanogenmod. And galaxy player on stock. This app works on my g2 but the galaxy player gets this error. The application encountered a problem and cannot continue (error -53). Please help!

Sent from my GALAXY PLAYER 5.0 using XDA

RonsDev

Feb 16, 2012
This app works on my g2 but the galaxy player gets this error. The application encountered a problem and cannot continue (error -53). Please help!

Sorry for the late response.

If you are familiar with ADB, it would be helpful if you could try to start the app again and send me the result of the following command:
Code:
adb logcat bluectrld:D *:S

andslide

Nov 6, 2010
I am very familiar. And will try to get it to you right away

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

BudgyN1

Dec 17, 2010
Amazing App! Though I connected my phone to another Android phone and wondering what gesture is the Home button.

2 Fingers is the Back button
3 Fingers is the Menu button

Also I tried connecting it to my iOS device and I get the "Connection Refused" message. On my iOS device it just keeps on trying to connect? Has anyone else got this problem?

Wrote this message using the app onto my Mac!

Last edited:

RonsDev

Feb 16, 2012
Though I connected my phone to another Android phone and wondering what gesture is the Home button.

2 Fingers is the Back button
3 Fingers is the Menu button

Try a two finger swipe left (mouse button 4 on a PC).

Also I tried connecting it to my iOS device and I get the "Connection Refused" message. On my iOS device it just keeps on trying to connect? Has anyone else got this problem?

Have you seen the "More information" part on the "Add device" screen and followed the instructions?

BudgyN1

Dec 17, 2010
2 finger swipe left worked for the Android Home :D
And I got connected to my iOS device but no pointer (not your fault, **** iOS fault). Thanks man, really helped me with my Mac, great app!

ccooluke

Jan 3, 2010
Btstack

hi guys! great app! I wish I could use it! lol Actually... just tried it on my macbook pro... works great!
Okay so you say it can connect to iOS but no pointer? But the BTstack tweak in cydia is supposed to solve that issue.

However I can't connect to my ipad 2. here's what I sent to the developer of BTstack mouse:

"Hi, I've tried to find a solution for a while now, but to no avail. I go to connect the mouse and it just sits on the "mouse selector" page.

I have an ipad 2 (wifi only) (not the ipad2,4 either) jailbroken ios 5.1.1

Everytime I try to pair. it wont. Then the app blacks out and freezes my ipad. I'm then forced to do a hard reboot."

now... your app warns me that another Bluetooth input service is active on my device T-MOBILE HTC G2 cyanogen mod 7.
I click the link to read more info, but it doesn't really help me out. I would love an answer. maybe a how-to only have one bluetooth input service running on the G2 at a time? I really want to use my phone as a mouse, I already have an apple wireless keyboard that I use with my ipad a lot and would love the addition of a mouse. (I'm currently NOT trying to pair both at the same time.. fyi)

So if someone could help me out, this could be a big step in bridging the gap between ios and android and getting them to actually play nice together.

Thank you for your time!

andslide

Nov 6, 2010
Hi I had a g2 and I kinda have a ipad 2 and it worked flawlessly. What works is don't try to connect them from outside the app.

And if you need more in-depth help just ask

Sent from my GALAXY PLAYER 5.0 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** REQUIRES ROOT PERMISSIONS ***
    *** NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 4.2 ***

BlueCtrl is an open source Bluetooth input device emulator that can control remote devices. This means that you can use the touchscreen and keyboard of your Android device to control other devices which support Bluetooth.

Because this app is using the Bluetooth input standard, it supports various operating systems without any special server software. It has been successfully tested with the following systems:
    • Android
    • iOS
    • Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu...)
    • Mac OS X
    • PlayStation 3
    • Windows
    Please note that if you want to use this app with Microsoft Windows, you probably need to disable a conflicting Android service. For more information look at:

This app requires root permissions because it needs direct access to the Bluetooth adapter. Another restriction is that it is only compatible with a specific Bluetooth stack that is called BlueZ, which is used on many but not all devices with a Android version smaller 4.2.

What's new
    • New system specific touchpad gestures
      The gestures are now optimized for the chosen remote device system. Linux and Windows systems also got a new setting for the gesture mode. So, for example, if you are using Windows 8 you can configure the appropriate gesture mode to enable the special Windows 8 edge gestures.
    • New interactive touchpad tutorial
      The interactive tutorial will explain all gestures for the current system and can be activated via the menu.
    • New menu item for composing text
      This is especially helpful if you want to write a longer text because you can keep your eyes on the device and see what you write and it also allows you to correct the text before it is send.
    • Voice input can be corrected before sending
      Voice input will be displayed in a edit box before it is send so that you are able to correct misinterpreted words.
    • New "Stay awake" setting
      This setting prevents that the device is going into standby and disconnects the connection. To save some energy the screen will however be dimmed after 30 seconds of inactivity.
    • New "Scroll sensitivity" setting
    • You can long press the keyboard button to change the input method
    Full Changelog

Project Page
    https://github.com/RonsDev/BlueCtrl
    Nice mate, great work :D

By Rizal Lovins Sundanesse@Lovins"Love Indonesia"
    Bad news: Incompatibility with Android 4.2

I have recently discovered that BlueCtrl is incompatible with Android 4.2. The reason for that is that the newest Android version doesn't use the BlueZ Bluetooth stack anymore (feature description of the new stack). I haven't examined the new Bluetooth stack yet but it is safe to say that supporting the new stack won't be easy (or maybe not even possible).

This is especially frustrating because after a longer time where the development almost halted, I have restarted the development of BlueCtrl (see code statistic) and also had a few bigger features for the future in mind. But now my motivation is gone and so I have decided to stop the development of BlueCtrl (at least for now).

Nevertheless, I still will release one new version with the last programmed features after I have stabilized them.
    Info for Windows users

I've created an “Update.zip” that can disable the conflicting Bluetooth input service so that BlueCtrl can pair with Windows systems. You can find more information and the download link here:

Version 2.2 released

Changelog
    • Select and "PS" buttons for PlayStation 3
    • Compatibility improvements for the volume buttons

Please note: The volume buttons will only work if the devices are paired with the new version.