[Q] Equalizers that work on GS4 / Viper4Android

Search This thread

Dantheman221

May 28, 2014
Hey guys!

I'm new here, and first off I'd like to state a few things, just so we're clear:
  • MusicFX / Default Equalizer doesn't work for me.
  • My S4 is rooted.
  • I don't want to reflash / can't upgrade / lose root
I've gone through all the necessary steps and backed up my phone with NANDroid backup and Titanium Backup, I don't want to have to re flash or update and lose my root, but all I really need is a working equalizer for my music.... since my headphones aren't giving 100%, I need a bass / volume boost... Now to the point, I downloaded Viper4Android sound mod and I'm just wondering if this'll brick my phone or not? Running 4.3 MK2 SW...

I'm doing a full backup just in case but can anyone please confirm that this works or not before I irreversibly damage or brick my phone? I just don't want to go through the agonizing hassle of reflashing my GS4 since it's so complicated, and at this point Kies won't work for me here so I'm bent out of luck if my phone gets bricked...

If not, can anyone list any good working equalizer / bass booster apps for the S4?

I'd be more than happy and I'd appreciate your help, guys.
Thanks! -Dan :cool:

Mandark52

Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys!

I'm new here, and first off I'd like to state a few things, just so we're clear:
  • MusicFX / Default Equalizer doesn't work for me.
  • My S4 is rooted.
  • I don't want to reflash / can't upgrade / lose root
I've gone through all the necessary steps and backed up my phone with NANDroid backup and Titanium Backup, I don't want to have to re flash or update and lose my root, but all I really need is a working equalizer for my music.... since my headphones aren't giving 100%, I need a bass / volume boost... Now to the point, I downloaded Viper4Android sound mod and I'm just wondering if this'll brick my phone or not? Running 4.3 MK2 SW...

I'm doing a full backup just in case but can anyone please confirm that this works or not before I irreversibly damage or brick my phone? I just don't want to go through the agonizing hassle of reflashing my GS4 since it's so complicated, and at this point Kies won't work for me here so I'm bent out of luck if my phone gets bricked...

If not, can anyone list any good working equalizer / bass booster apps for the S4?

I'd be more than happy and I'd appreciate your help, guys.
Thanks! -Dan :cool:

yes Viper is amazing and it wont brick your phone! but it consumes more RAM. One more thing, did u tried the ADAPT sound feature of default music player? It gives real clear audio quality! Just try it before Viper u might like it.

Dantheman221

May 28, 2014
yes Viper is amazing and it wont brick your phone! but it consumes more RAM. One more thing, did u tried the ADAPT sound feature of default music player? It gives real clear audio quality! Just try it before Viper u might like it.

To tell the truth Mandark, yes I have actually ^~^ but it just didn't seem as adjustable to my likes as I wanted it to be sadly :C

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337