MX Player and ChromeCast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sgloki77

Jul 14, 2012
Hallandale Beach
sorry but if mx player refuses to have native support for chromecast then is just garbage, is 2015 you know, when people stream content to a big screen to watch things...

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
The chromecast app is the best option until MX supports it natively, it broadcasts your screen on to the chromecast.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Free mobile app

All cast is best imo

why did u guys update showbox... lucky for me I saved the old updates, u can use v3.81 which I am using also v3.83 and v3.85 after that is where the problem is,

it is working for me, I stopped updating showbox... also have the first one from I used from DEC 2014...

here is a link to my dropbox I put the older files there if u want... just sharing... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8dgq7jckuclf966/AADuER3w32yfJoV4Cxbb6Lwra?dl=0

u can hit the thanks it this is a very useful help for the older copies...

Daevionne

Apr 9, 2012
El Cajon
why did u guys update showbox... lucky for me I saved the old updates, u can use v3.81 which I am using also v3.83 and v3.85 after that is where the problem is,

it is working for me, I stopped updating showbox... also have the first one from I used from DEC 2014...

here is a link to my dropbox I put the older files there if u want... just sharing... https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8dgq7jckuclf966/AADuER3w32yfJoV4Cxbb6Lwra?dl=0

Yeah but doesnt this version not allow the new movies to play? Like it gives the "video not available" message. For example, Fifty Shades of Grey.

Reactions: benjamin3005

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Yeah but doesnt this version not allow the new movies to play? Like it gives the "video not available" message. For example, Fifty Shades of Grey.

I had version 3.81 3.83 3.85 but for some reason it was showing them all in my dropbox, I had to rar all 3 of those last versions, that worked with chromecast or to my Samsung TV

edit.. I did notice that on some "video not available" message, what I do then is download the video and watch it on usb stick on my Samsung tv....

Last edited:

german24fps

Jul 24, 2012
Hi, I really do not anything about programming, but I use Xmplayer to listen my music for years and now I have buy a Chromecast audio, and I would like to send my music to the device, could I?
Thanks and sorry for my English

Aznbull

Aug 17, 2013
Latest showbox version allow 3rd party mediaplayer, I use localcast app to stream from showbox to Chromecast with subs.

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Would love to see Chromecast ability come to MX Player. Was sad when it had it for a time and then it disappeared
In my knowledge, MX Player never had direct chromecast support. Seems that you are talking about inbuilt cast screen option.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

stewbuntu

Nov 14, 2011
So whats the latest? It has to be a simple add on in the programming code/suite that google allows you to add to the app. Why not have it?

ggravier

Jul 27, 2010
Well, while MX Player (Pro) is still not playing to Chromecast, ES File Explorer has a Chromecast extension that plays MP4, and MKV to Chromecast nicely. :)

sash11

Sep 30, 2011
Maybe offtopic but VLC Nighties (chck website) now supports Chromecast play!!
It says it does, but I have installed latest nightly and I do not see my Chromecast2 device in Local Network menu. I'm still forced to mirror my screen in order to watch movies from my phone on TV.

sent from my OnePlus2 with xda-developers official app

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Maybe offtopic but VLC Nighties (chck website) now supports Chromecast play!!

It says it does, but I have installed latest nightly and I do not see my Chromecast2 device in Local Network menu. I'm still forced to mirror my screen in order to watch movies from my phone on TV.

Actually it was about VLC 3.0 nightly that's for desktop.
For Android VLC 2.0 is in candidate stage. Don't confuse yourself.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs

sash11

Sep 30, 2011
Actually it was about VLC 3.0 nightly that's for desktop.
For Android VLC 2.0 is in candidate stage. Don't confuse yourself.

I'm not confused. Info is misleading. First it talks about Chromecast support in 3.0 nightly, but does not specify which OS it is for. Latest nightly for Android is 2.1.0

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Yes it is not clear from their statement.

Anyway, it's already landed on 3.0 nightly for win & they call it Renderer Output (under tools).

BTW, this is not the proper place to discuss about VLC. You may ask about the same is apps section instead of MX Player forum section.

ToMeRv32

Feb 11, 2013
Hey,
I own Galaxy Nexus running CM11.
I want to buy Chromecast (old model) to wirelessly transmit videos on my tv with MXPlayer.
Is it possible? Is my device strong enought for that?
(Usually 720p less then 1gb movies..)

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Hey,
I own Galaxy Nexus running CM11.
I want to buy Chromecast (old model) to wirelessly transmit videos on my tv with MXPlayer.
Is it possible? Is my device strong enought for that?
(Usually 720p less then 1gb movies..)
If you've read any of this thread, you'll see that MX itself does not support Chromecast. Download the Chromecast app from the Play Store, and use that to send videos to the Chromecast.

In terms of if your device has sufficient capability to cast the video, you should ask in the Galaxy Nexus subforum.

Last edited:

hany3

Aug 21, 2012
i have both the paid versions of bs player and mx player
the paid version of bs player support chromecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The chromecast app is the best option until MX supports it natively, it broadcasts your screen on to the chromecast.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Free mobile app

All cast is best imo

This is a continuation of the original thread on Google Groups.

Link to original thread: https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mx-videoplayer/Xgb6KKj95vg/discussion
    Please add min formats support for Chromecast

Guys, isn't it time you had something for Chromecast? Even if it was just a few formats. I love the MX player, but I'm forced to use other players due to lack of chromecast support.
    there are many different options out there to use at the moment if you want to stream to chromecast. I agree with the developer having his standards of exactly what he wants his app to be able to do before releasing it... Kudos to him! :good:
    Wow, thanks for the update! This is good news. In terms of performance, does video playback lag if you have screen cast enabled? Would you mind also trying how 10-bit playback performance works with screen casting running? I won't be home to try this for the next few days.

===
    @CAL7 not to sound cynical, but my guess is that Google is playing favourites :p

I'll have some more time to play mess with the setup tonight I think. I haven't watched a full movie with it yet, but for what I tested it seemed fine through mxplayer- no lag for the short while I watched ( about 10 mins worth plus some shuttling forward and backward).
    To be honest, all I think I know of 10bit is that it's a higher quality or uncompressed video..I can google it myself. Just a data point that you're asking a dumb monkey when it comes to that particular question...at least until I check the "internets" :p
    but if it helps, the video I tested was encoded at 1920x 1080 4:2:0

As a side note - and not using mxplayer for this portion of a test but I've used it to mirror video playing from firefox (via a live stream) which played as it would normally just fine. I know that may not offer much in answering your question, but I mention because I was actually surprised that I had no "beta" issues that I had anticipated. And that was for the entire stream (not my reaction of surprise, but the lack of beta issues).
    That said, I'm figuring I'll have the same success with a longer mxplayer test.

At any rate, I'll give a longer test tonight. I did just see there are some noted sample vids in one of the other mx threads for 10bit (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54146055&postcount=25) and I'll try one of those. I take it I need check the box for the h/w+ setting 10bit as well.

I'll give a heads up after.