My Streak 7 Dock thoughts.

Search This thread

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Well I finally bought the Streak docking station. I havent hooked it up to HDMI yet so I cant tell you about that yet.

What I can tell you is.. the plastic holder part.. The clear thing you insert, I dont know, I mean seems solid enough but I cant help but feel that it could break, I dont know. That and things make a odd sound when you jiggle the tablet while its docked.

Aside from that, GOD this dock is nice. I mean its angled just right for doing things, visibility is great! Good for video watching and so. Also playing finger based games like angry birds, this thing runs great. Also least it can charge separately from the usb connection to the PC. All I need to find now is a way to access my network files to play videos remotely and I am set. =D

Reactions: pizzleini

njdev1k

Mar 13, 2011
I agree on the dock being nice. I bought two, one for in the office and the other at home. The dock mode of the streak can be a bit annoying at times especially when you lock the tablet with a pin. Posting via Galaxy S as waiting on replacement streak 7 from Dell. Still love the Streak though not working right now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Btw I havent tested this part yet with HDMI, If you hook it up, do your games show up on the TV? Would be cool to have your emulators displaying on the TV. Heh.

pizzleini

Nov 20, 2010
Hmmm.... I think I might give the dock a try. I have a few extra HDMI cables laying around. I'll try it out and post what happens.;)

Avirex64

Mar 16, 2011
California
I've had the dock for about 2 weeks now. Works great, HDMI looks decent, not HD obviously, but it looks good and I am able to watch movies on my 56inch with no problems.... To me it was worth it, you can get them for cheap on ebay just to let everyone know.

jackedint

Dec 1, 2010
Chicago
I picked up one these docks on eBay for $50 w/ a OEM car charger.

Nice solid feel on the dock but sometimes I wish it had a mode where you could have a case on & have it nicely dock as well...

HDMI out is a nice +

keith.valdez

May 4, 2011
Denver
I just wished it worked with Honeystreak. I hope dell releases honeycomb because I love using my doc to watch movies in the bedroom.

Hello
I'm new owner of Streak 7 - from Poland. I'm looking for one dock station for my S7 to be able to play hdmi on my tv. Problem is, that in Poland it's hard to get a dock.
Maybe anyone of you is about to sell one and could send it to Poland?

Thank you in advance

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
I just wished it worked with Honeystreak. I hope dell releases honeycomb because I love using my doc to watch movies in the bedroom.

Wait the honeycomb rom doesnt work on it? That sounds odd or a flaw, did you tell Steve?

Hello
I'm new owner of Streak 7 - from Poland. I'm looking for one dock station for my S7 to be able to play hdmi on my tv. Problem is, that in Poland it's hard to get a dock.
Maybe anyone of you is about to sell one and could send it to Poland?

Thank you in advance

I would say check ebay. Most people ship everywhere.

Also yea, playing emulators works great on it. Also another perk.. if you use wiimote IME. You could have your streak docked, away from you and you can use the wii mote or classic controller to move the menu around too and open apps and so. Very handy.

jackedint

Dec 1, 2010
Chicago
HDMI out on stand w/Dell Streak

Wait the honeycomb rom doesnt work on it? That sounds odd or a flaw, did you tell Steve?

I would say check ebay. Most people ship everywhere.

I have had some strange issues with with getting HDMI working on various DJ Steve's build but I chalked that up just not be official?

I'm running

StreakDroid HD7-2.0 R1

I think that is the latest...

anyone else having any issues? I'm sure the "offical" build will support it... I'm sure... ;)

dbpaddler

Oct 19, 2009
Philly
I'm running his HC build and it works fine for the most part. I can't get rid of the bottom status bar, and in comparison to my Logitech Revue, the Revue streams Amazon video much smoother and the PQ seems to be better as well. I'm usng the stock browser and I get a few video freezes where the sound keeps going, had some lip sync issues, and some other minor things. He Revue

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

lurch0101

Apr 10, 2012
what are some alternatives to the official dock like the g2 slacker? looking for something under $20 as both the official dock and the g2 dock go for at least 30 on ebay.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
g2 slacker, while "looks" like same port, I doubt it is. Or would work. If you need a cheap alt,
http://www.amazon.com/Aftermarket-P..._1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1334806828&sr=1-1

HOWEVER I should mention these docks DO NOT have hdmi! So they will charge, and seperate cable to sync. However.. a dell streak dock without hdmi.. seems silly..? I know for me.. hook to HDMI, Use BT keyboard/touchpad (and I can run dos!) or BT gamepad and I can run emulators. Thats nice on a TV. =)

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
The slacker dock only supports USB-IN, it doesnt support anything else on the S5/S7

Things missing from the slacker dock (that's available on the 2nd gen official dock):
  • Line-out
  • USB-in (ie OTG)
  • USB-high speed charing
  • HDMI-out
  • Dock sense (where the device automatically goes into clock mode)

The slacker dock has a headphone out, but the S5/S7 dont support it either (it may not have the pins for that, if it does it's different anyway). The slacker dock also has pads for USB-in, but that model was never officially made available(?).

Also I would STRONGLY recommend against a slacker dock for the S7 (if you can even find one), the S5 is a lot lighter then the S7.
The S7 barely fits on it, but it has absolutely no support besides the port itself.
The S5 already places all it's weight on the dock port, the S7 is asking to be broken by any accidentical impact.

If you are willing (or can find it at a reasonable price), I would strongly recommend the official 2nd gen dock for either the S5/S7.
It includes 2 backplates to support either model.

Also, the S5 dock in the previous link likely wont fit the S7, that's the reason the official dock comes with 2 backplates.
Your only real choice for the S7 is the official 2nd gen dock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I finally bought the Streak docking station. I havent hooked it up to HDMI yet so I cant tell you about that yet.

What I can tell you is.. the plastic holder part.. The clear thing you insert, I dont know, I mean seems solid enough but I cant help but feel that it could break, I dont know. That and things make a odd sound when you jiggle the tablet while its docked.

Aside from that, GOD this dock is nice. I mean its angled just right for doing things, visibility is great! Good for video watching and so. Also playing finger based games like angry birds, this thing runs great. Also least it can charge separately from the usb connection to the PC. All I need to find now is a way to access my network files to play videos remotely and I am set. =D