[DISCONTINUED] Metal Dragon Overlord v11.10

Search This thread

AzN MusiQ

Oct 20, 2012
Don't get me wrong, the 4.2 roms are perfectly usable, I've been playing with them since December 26th, but I don't think the quick panel, lock screen widgets and camera are worth the performance loss. I will miss the camera the most out of the additions, because it was great not having to unlock your phone to snap a pic, but otherwise 4.2 is no no for the Nexus S.

Yeah, I think so, too. The features are very nices, but the widgets for the lockscreen are ugly, the new camera is slow and the quick panel is not as fast as the quick toggles from cm,...
That's very cool that some people are on this rom at least. :)
New is not the same as best :D

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
Tried cm10 messaging app on this rom but it force closes. Anyone know one that works?really missing the quick reply (dont want to install third party sms apps)

tweeny80

Jul 2, 2012
I found 4.2 to be a great daily driver, Slimbean to be exact. Latest RC2 is as smooth as their 4.1.2 ROM which sounds as fast as KNZOs MDO.

The features including photosphere make it for me...I use it often and seek out apple users to rub there snooty noses in it :)

By the way I am a carbon copy of this little guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7huae767Rxg

migueldbr

Nov 30, 2011
Coimbra
Last edited:

nexususer1

Jun 24, 2012
Gdańsk
Odp: [DISCONTINUED] Metal Dragon Overlord v11.10

Does anyone have a link to the hypothalamus kernel? I tried searching everywhere but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus S

nexususer1

Jun 24, 2012
Gdańsk
Odp: [DISCONTINUED] Metal Dragon Overlord v11.10

I know it is inside strawberry. However, it used to be available for download from knzo's goo.im profile and now only final aosp rom is there.

Knzo, any chance for reupload?

Sent from my Nexus S

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
what's the exact file name of that kernel? i have it somewhere. i just don't know what to search.

EDIT: Found it. Attached.

Attachments

• hypothalamus.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Have anyone ever experienced some issues with radio/modem/baseband on MDO? I get random signal blackouts and radio dumps on root of SD card. I don't know is it because of kernel or ROM itself because I tried RasbeanJelly with last _thalamus kernel and same thing happened there. Radio is also latest.

Is it just me? Can I analyze this radio-dumps by myself somehow?

Except that, everything works flawless.

Last edited:

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
Try to change kernel. If still not working, change radio. If its still there, change rom. I fixed that problem for myself but i forgot how. :D

Sent from SpeedMachine i9100

ChaosChris

May 5, 2011
Hamburg
apextracker.de
AW: [DISCONTINUED] Metal Dragon Overlord v11.10

Still the fastest 4.1.2 rom :thumbup: but two things is there an addon that adds the missing hspa icon and get back the stock holo ui with the gardient as background? If not can somone say me how i can add the hspa icon? I think its in the bools.xml from the framework-res. And ive replaced all "inverted" images with stock images but cant find the img for the gardient background. Is it defined by colors.xml ? When yes i think its a simple black hex code?

Thanks for your anwsers

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
Dunno how its in this ROM, but usually its in framework-res.apk/res/drawable-nodpi, its png.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

jvpde

Aug 21, 2010
Washington
Still the fastest 4.1.2 rom :thumbup: but two things is there an addon that adds the missing hspa icon and get back the stock holo ui with the gardient as background? If not can somone say me how i can add the hspa icon? I think its in the bools.xml from the framework-res. And ive replaced all "inverted" images with stock images but cant find the img for the gardient background. Is it defined by colors.xml ? When yes i think its a simple black hex code?

Thanks for your anwsers

Ted Mosby made a flashable for this just a week ago. His work can be found here.

Reactions: ChaosChris

ChaosChris

May 5, 2011
Hamburg
apextracker.de
AW: [DISCONTINUED] Metal Dragon Overlord v11.10

Ted Mosby made a flashable for this just a week ago. His work can be found here.

Thanks! Downloading right know :)

Works fine but now i have navigation buttons. Do you know how Tod disable them?
a4unyhys.jpg

Edit: try now to disable it in build prop ... report back...

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1 works feine :)

Last edited:

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Wow, how's that even possible? I didn't change anything in build.prop, and flashed myself and it didn't showed... Wierd...

EDIT: Tried now with MDO, wierdly, hardware keys show up, with rasbeanjelly they don't.

I am not certain why, checked MDO's build.prop and there is no string that enables hardware keys.

Hope that disabling it in build.prop isn't much trouble for you guys ;).

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ChaosChris

May 5, 2011
Hamburg
apextracker.de
Wow, how's that even possible? I didn't change anything in build.prop, and flashed myself and it didn't showed... Wierd...

EDIT: Tried now with MDO, wierdly, hardware keys show up, with rasbeanjelly they don't.

I am not certain why, checked MDO's build.prop and there is no string that enables hardware keys.

Hope that disabling it in build.prop isn't much trouble for you guys ;).

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hey Ted , did this mod package work on the rasbean 4.2.2 build?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Metal Dragon Overlord, previously known as Strawberry - Android 4.1.2

This ROM is based on Rasbeanjelly but ports some essential CM features specific to our device such as the custom IOCTL and CM telephony. I also tossed in some other stuff like in-call transparency menu, the extended calculator by Xlythe and CM DeskClock (stopwatch + timer). It also combines with my own kernel based on the work by thalamus - hypothalamus. In short, it's a ROM combining the best features out there - it's smooth like AOSP, it has CM's essential features and battery but it's not overly bloated.

In development?: No.
    Last build: 10/11
    Includes gapps, superuser and hypothalamus kernel. Custom supported kernels: marmite, air, matrix - CM version.

Download area: By clicking here you irrevocably agree to transfer your soul's ownership to me, knzo. (source on my github @knzy)
    After using some 4.2 ROMs for a while, including CM10.1 which I've found to be absolutely horrible in terms of smoothness and battery, I'm back to MDO. What does this mean? I didn't have one good experience with a 4.2 ROM so I lost the already low interest I had for developing or using a ROM with such version and I'm back to 4.1.2. However, it is clear by now that NS can't keep up with 4.2 so I'm planning to get rid of mine as soon as I get some decent free time to analyze the market.

tl;dr - end of the line, it was a fun ride.
    Someone can do mods for 4.2? Like battery % and stuff?

I'll add the usual stuff to 4.2, in fact battery % and power menu is already added in my source.
    Meanwhile keep 4.2 out of this thread please.

Ah, for those who don't follow me on twitter (@mnlsrv), I have provided an ETA for the release: 18/01/2013. Why? Because I have a crazy amount of work to do til 14/01/2013. What I still want to do to 4.2 source to feel it's good for daily-driver: a) fix those padding issues on the lockscreen, countdown, etc. b) fix bluetooth (not confirmed), c) fix wlan/3g location (not confirmed), d) wait for CM's new solution for power toggles. Oh, I'm not theming it.

Probably CM is going to have a nightly available before I do though.
    Hit the thanks button if you found this thread from XDA's front page and found it to be an utter train-wreck. :rolleyes:

Nothing trainwrecky about it, 4.2 link has been up and I nuked it because most XDA users are idiots like yourself who make unnecessary posts asking repeated or already answered questions. Since I don't have the patience to deal with people who think this is a service they're entitled to I just thought it was better to upload it again when all the bug fixing is done.

Move along buddy, I don't get your point of not being from this section and posting unnecessary crap like that. This isn't Youtube for the "thumbs up if you also like it in the ass".

P.S. Yeah, we are moody in the crespo section.
    Ok well, latest AOSP Strawberry is out. However, I took a different approach this time.

Changelog:
    - Instead of building from my source, I built from rasbeanjelly source with the following changes:
    - CM telephony (to kill some wakelocks crespo has)
    - CM calculator and clock (you already know the changes for this, if you don't open the apps and swipe left/right)
    - Hypothalamus kernel based on thalamus, with ondemand + modded powerhal, BLN, disabled IDLE2, custom IOCTL (to kill the remaining crespo wakelocks), some updates in the 4.1.2 drop (panic fixes and what not) and some changes to fs flags from trinity kernel.

Like rasbeanjelly, this release includes superuser and gapps, you don't need to flash them. It also has the animations disabled by default (maybe that's why some people think it's weirdly and blowingly fast? haha) so in order to enable them back go to developer settings and change everything that says animation scale back to 1x. I don't want to see posts complaining about the lack of CRT effect when I just told you now how to fix it.

You can say this release is basically rasbeanjelly with a proper kernel and CM's custom IOCTL and telephony as I'm not taking credits for anything. It is also probably my last release as I don't have the time to keep doing this almost every weekend and it seems like crespo is arriving to its end. I plan to use this release until I change phone, I hope you do too.