Email widget with notification number of emails

Search This thread

CMeys

Feb 21, 2007
Is there anyway on the Photon to have the Email or Messaging widget show the number of unread emails on it (like in Sense)? I can get a preview of the email's contents, but I just want a number on it of how many there are.

CMeys

Feb 21, 2007
Thanks, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. I need it for non-gmail email.

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
Thanks, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. I need it for non-gmail email.

Well you can use K-9 MAIL link it to your corperate, imap,or pop email. It has an unread count icon widget.

http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/downloads/list

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
I've considered K-9, but have seen too many reports of instability. Sense has a regular email icon with uncount number on it -- why can't there be one for the Photon too?

Lol yea I came from an Evo too..
just loved that Sense,its a no go with the mopho though
I have been using k9 for over a year now and in earlier vs. Yea it had some issues, but the past 4-5 months its been rock solid for me. Even overseas.

There is also another app on the market call email widget pro I think it cost a dollar though. It will give you an unread count widget to your native email apk.
But the icon is so darn ugly :(

CMeys

Feb 21, 2007
Lol yea I came from an Evo too..
just loved that Sense,its a no go with the mopho though
I have been using k9 for over a year now and in earlier vs. Yea it had some issues, but the past 4-5 months its been rock solid for me. Even overseas.

There is also another app on the market call email widget pro I think it cost a dollar though. It will give you an unread count widget to your native email apk.
But the icon is so darn ugly :(

When you say "email widget pro" I assume you mean this one https://market.android.com/details?id=de.foobarsoft.emailwidget&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmZvb2JhcnNvZnQuZW1haWx3aWRnZXQiXQ.. that I found in the Market for $1.92.

However, it says in the description "* Motorolla (Droid/DroidX/Defy...) only with root (please read additional info on my website! )".

I am talking about using it on a Photon which is NOT rooted. Do you know if it will work on that?

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
When you say "email widget pro" I assume you mean this one https://market.android.com/details?...xLDEsImRlLmZvb2JhcnNvZnQuZW1haWx3aWRnZXQiXQ.. that I found in the Market for $1.92.

However, it says in the description "* Motorolla (Droid/DroidX/Defy...) only with root (please read additional info on my website! )".

I am talking about using it on a Photon which is NOT rooted. Do you know if it will work on that?

Yup that's the one and yea it works on the sunfire ahhh photon :)

Top Liked Posts