[Q] How to disable rom slot

Search This thread

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
Okay I am a DAss, I know what I did wrong but do not know how to recover.
I installed SafeSrap 3.65 before disabling rom slot-1 & uninstalling SafeStrap 3.11.
Still have stock jb but around 5 gigs are missing from internal card.
Cannot activate any rom slot 1-4 in SS because of not having enough data & do not have the option to disable rom slots because stock is the only one active.
How should I proceed????

Thanks
cj

Shimizux

Mar 27, 2012
Sabah
www.90rawr.blogspot.com
Maybe you could see inside your internal storage folder called Safestrap or TWRP with a "active slot" file in it. I forgot which folder, and the name. But u can Delete those folder inside. So rom slot 1 or any u did before has been delete. U have ur 5gb back.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
Maybe you could see inside your internal storage folder called Safestrap or TWRP with a "active slot" file in it. I forgot which folder, and the name. But u can Delete those folder inside. So rom slot 1 or any u did before has been delete. U have ur 5gb back.

Sent from my XT910 using xda app-developers app

Nothing there but empty folders, (mot)g shows a total of 8gigs on cp when there should be 16.
Reinstalled jb with Matts droid razr utility 1.9 on stock rom slot with safestrap uninstalled.
Still shows 8gigs, its like there is a partition that my cp does not show. Stock jb total space says 16gigs in system settings under storage, but adds up less than 8gigs.

Did they make a 8gig razr that settings say 16?

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2014
Nothing there but empty folders, (mot)g shows a total of 8gigs on cp when there should be 16.
Reinstalled jb with Matts droid razr utility 1.9 on stock rom slot with safestrap uninstalled.
Still shows 8gigs, its like there is a partition that my cp does not show. Stock jb total space says 16gigs in system settings under storage, but adds up less than 8gigs.

Did they make a 8gig razr that settings say 16?

There are two partitions - 8GB each. One is the stock ROM. The other is the "internal storage". Safestrap is installed on the "internal storage" partition. ROM slots created using Safestrap reside on the "internal storage" partition. So essentially you only have 8GB to work with excluding the partition reserved for the stock ROM.

Hope this helps.

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
There are two partitions - 8GB each. One is the stock ROM. The other is the "internal storage". Safestrap is installed on the "internal storage" partition. ROM slots created using Safestrap reside on the "internal storage" partition. So essentially you only have 8GB to work with excluding the partition reserved for the stock ROM.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for info above but I need to explain my situation better.
I have 1 razr on the stock slot with all other rom slots disabled & safestrap 3.65 uninstalled.
When I reboot to stock jb & view storage in system settings it shows 2.75gb app storage & 2.19gb sdcard0 storage available.
All the other (4)razrs have about 5 gigs more (7.5 total) in the sdcard0 storage area.
Flashing option 1(data wipe) with Matts droid 1.9 utility did not help & also data wipe factory setting on recovery option on razr.
I went thru each folder on mot(G) and nothing adds up to the lost 5 gigs.

All of this was due to a bad flash of safestrap I think, I forgot to uninstall 3.11 & installed 3.65 over it.
It went into a boot-loop, was able to get back to fast boot & load with droid utility 1.9
When I try to activate a rom slot now I only have 1 gig available.
The other razrs have 3gb when activating rom slot with ss.

Thanks
cj

Jan 29, 2014
Did you use the option to wipe data when you restored the phone using Matt's utility?

XT912 - CM11 Nightly - PAGAPPS Micro

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
I spent hours on this even did the rsd lite & nothing would clear internal storage data.
All flashes completed with no failures but nothing wiped storage data just user data.
Guess I just do not know what I am doing!!!

But this simple read had me where I needed to be in 5 mins.
I think the privacy steps 1-7 did it because I had previously tried 1-8 factory reset
I changed 6 to 6a &6b because that was how mine was setup
Also probably should remove sd card to make sure it does not get wiped
Going to add that to step 1 to 1a & 1b
Thanks to sRDennyCrane
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640819

Settings Menu

1a. Remove SD card if you do not want it wiped.

1b. Go back to the Home screen.

2. Next tap on the application list.

3. Select Settings.

4. Then choose Privacy.

5. Next tap on Factory data reset.

6a. If you want to wipe out all data on the Internal storage then make sure the checkbox Erase Internal storage is ticked.

6b. Then select Reset phone

7. Next follow the onscreen instruction to finish off the process.

Wait for the Razr to reboot.

Hardware key

1. Turn off the phone.

2. Press VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER KEY for a few seconds.

3. From the Boot options screen, use the VOLUME DOWN key to navigate to the next option, then select the Recovery by using the VOLUME UP key.

4. When you see the Motorola logo screen, press the VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN key.

5. On the next screen, press the VOLUME DOWN key to go to the Wipe data / factory reset option, then use the POWER key to select that option.

6. Press VOLUME DOWN key to select YES - delete all user data. Then Press the POWER key.

7. When prompted for a reboot, press the POWER key.
8. Wait for the Motorola Razr to reboot.

Last edited: