Rooting on lastest update 4.4.2

Search This thread

jtio21

May 3, 2013
So with the new HTC sync Windows 8.1 recognize my phone while it is booted into android adb and fastboot. But once I boot into boot loader and try to run Firewater its a whole different story. The pc no longer recognizes the phone and firewater does not run at all. Any advice?

Update: also how do I disable the lock screen on android 4.4

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
If you can get your hands on a Windows 7 machine that's the best way to get your phone soff. I don't think anyone has really used Windows 8.1 as it and our DNA don't get along unless you do something with the drivers. I remember there was a thread talking about Windows 8 and the DNA a while ago. Try searching but I'm not sure if they ever solved it.

In terms of disabling the lock screen it's no longer an option in sense. However if you download the app called no lock in the app store it will get rid of your lock screen.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: jtio21

jtio21

May 3, 2013
Alright thank you for the info, I am going to try and root on 4.4.2 today I'll let you know how it goes.

jtio21

May 3, 2013
Alright um so I'm on an pc with Windows xp installed and it's the same thing Windows recognizes when booted into android but adb/fastboot no longer works once in bootloader any advice

sum182

Oct 30, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Firewater will not work without a root of some kind. I tried the temproot they provided and no luck, doesn't work. So untill we get a bootloader unlock/root method we won't know if firewater can successfully get us S-off.

jtio21

May 3, 2013
Firewater will not work without a root of some kind. I tried the temproot they provided and no luck, doesn't work. So untill we get a bootloader unlock/root method we won't know if firewater can successfully get us S-off.

Okay how did you get the computer to recognize your phone when in
bootloader mode

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

The temp root doesn't really work anymore on Verizon devices.
You need to run weaksauce for temp root, then use Firewater.
I'm already s-off so I can't confirm if it works or not but it worked on the latest m7vzw update and m8vzw update.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: jtio21

jtio21

May 3, 2013
I'm already s-off so I can't confirm if it works or not but it worked on the latest m7vzw update and m8vzw update.

Hey do you know how to get Windows recognizing your phone once in boot loader mode

mordikar

Sep 12, 2010
well i was already S-off before the OTA. after OTA i flashed TWRP, then installed supersu and busy box, i have finally successfully rooted my phone .... and now wifi tether doesn't work :(

jtio21

May 3, 2013
Lol anyone have the correct drivers for windows xp that way my pc will recognize my phone in boot loader mode? (Last time I'll ask promise)

KKILLION79

Mar 14, 2013
well i was already S-off before the OTA. after OTA i flashed TWRP, then installed supersu and busy box, i have finally successfully rooted my phone .... and now wifi tether doesn't work :(

Which Wifi Tether app were you trying? This one: https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ or another?? Because I'm not upgrading until I know there's one that works. I used Moonshine to gain S-Off and then rooted on 3.06 with TWRP.

Last edited:

jtio21

May 3, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you can get your hands on a Windows 7 machine that's the best way to get your phone soff. I don't think anyone has really used Windows 8.1 as it and our DNA don't get along unless you do something with the drivers. I remember there was a thread talking about Windows 8 and the DNA a while ago. Try searching but I'm not sure if they ever solved it.

In terms of disabling the lock screen it's no longer an option in sense. However if you download the app called no lock in the app store it will get rid of your lock screen.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app