wifi / bluetooth issues on Atrix 4g

Search This thread

sstageboy5

May 29, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I have a slight problem, here goes, my friend was using my Atrix 4g and she started forceclosing apps and now my wifi / bluetooth wont turn turn on. The phone is updated to the 4.1.8.3 software and yes wifi/bluetooth was working before and after the update. So would anyone any intel on how I would be able to recover them back ? When turning on wifi it reads error and bluth does nothing they both try to go on and then nothing can you help. Thanks sstageboy5 later peace.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Last edited:

sstageboy5

May 29, 2011
Hello , and yes im on stock 4.1.8.3 and I dont have Titanium Backup ya c its hard for me cause I dont have a credit card to buy any apps and the free ones just dont cut the mustard I was told. Do you have any suggestions ?

True2TheGame

Jun 20, 2007
I have the exact same problem, i tried flashing the stock sbf, and also a factory reset but still have the same problem. I had to contact AT&T and i'm getting a replacement phone soon.

CaelanT

Hello , and yes im on stock 4.1.8.3 and I dont have Titanium Backup ya c its hard for me cause I dont have a credit card to buy any apps and the free ones just dont cut the mustard I was told. Do you have any suggestions ?

Apps like Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, Bloat Freezer, etc. all require root access, so if you are not rooted, that's a moot point. Are you on AT&T? If so, you could try taking it to an AT&T store, or call customer support. Should have no issues as you haven't messed with your phone from stock.

Last edited:

carlharsch

May 15, 2011
Medford, OR
www.chhphotos.com
I was having the same BT issue where it wouldn't turn on. I went through all sorts of methods to fix it and finally got it working ... been working perfect ever since. Off the top of my head, I can't recall what it was that I did, but I'll think on it and try to repost my solution. If I'm not mistaken, it was a 3rd party app that was causing the issue, but I'm not 100% on that.

Do you happen to have a banking app installed? I know that when .83 came out, the banking apps quit working and I did a work-around to fix it. I believe that was the issue. I uninstalled my fix and the banking apps. I've since reinstalled them and used Motorola's certificate installer. BT still works well.

scoob8000

Sep 15, 2009
I had a issue where I couldn't turn my wifi back on (1.8.3)

When you toggled it on, it would show scanning, then turn back off. I had to flash sbf 1.2.6 to fix it, then OTA update again

Reactions: northarkansaschaser

carlharsch

May 15, 2011
Medford, OR
www.chhphotos.com
Banking apps shouldn't have affected BT. Didn't on my phone. The banking app issue was a blank screen after login.

Beamed in from WinBorg 4G via XDA Premium app

No, the banking apps weren't the issue...it was more likely the mucking around that I did with the certificates that created any issue. Perhaps it was just coincidental as it happened at the same time and I resolved it after removing the certificates and banking app. In any case....mine now works flawlessly, albeit I'm not completely sure what I did to resolve it.

sstageboy5

May 29, 2011
Hello Everyone,
I have a slight problem, here goes, my friend was using my Atrix 4g and she started forceclosing apps and now my wifi / bluetooth wont turn turn on. The phone is updated to the 4.1.8.3 software and yes wifi/bluetooth was working before and after the update. So would anyone any intel on how I would be able to recover them back ? When turning on wifi it reads error and bluth does nothing they both try to go on and then nothing can you help. Thanks sstageboy5 later peace.

Mar 13, 2011
ash flat, ar
see i have had this same problem for a while now myself..mine did it right before i got the update...thinking the update would fix it...no it didn...so...im due for upgrade and im thinking heck with it...i can do all this other stuff so i go in there and unlock bootloader put cm7 on it...put kernel on it...btw this is all stuff i had seen fix other peoples..i wanted to do for two reasons..one hey it could fix my wifi..two..i want to learn..to my prediction...im still wifiless and bluethoothless. anyone seen or heard of any other posts that might do it..thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had a issue where I couldn't turn my wifi back on (1.8.3)

When you toggled it on, it would show scanning, then turn back off. I had to flash sbf 1.2.6 to fix it, then OTA update again