Battery question

Search This thread

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
got my 2300 andida in the mail, wouldnt start at all just complete black screen.

Folded up a piece of the envelope it came in. then i put that folded paper on the left top side in the battery slot, then shoved the battery in(realllyyy tight fit) and it powered on.

p.s. - very tight fit lol, i dont think i can pull it out with my finger now.

Attachments

• IMG_20120218_105755.jpg
    IMG_20120218_105755.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Reactions: Rahhstah

Rahhstah

Jan 2, 2011
Loveland
got my 2300 andida in the mail, wouldnt start at all just complete black screen.

Folded up a piece of the envelope it came in. then i put that folded paper on the left top side in the battery slot, then shoved the battery in(realllyyy tight fit) and it powered on.

p.s. - very tight fit lol, i dont think i can pull it out with my finger now.

I did the exact same thing to get mine to work. I'm just trying to get it fully drained out once before recharging - already a significant improvement over original battery.

acidicV

Mar 19, 2011
I bended the three cotacts on the phone.

I just bended the contacts on the phone a little to the left. It work well so far. Just have to be careful do not damage them.

aycee

Jan 21, 2011
does not work

My model (if looking at the area underneath the battery) is 10.07, meaning it may be a "first generation" Vibrant.

This battery fits in the compartment, but the leads do not line up and the case does not close properly.

I'm not going to bend anything nor force the case closed, so I'm either going to return this or I'm willing to sell it to someone with a Galaxy S II.

drk421

Dec 26, 2010
Got one of these Andida batteries. Does not fit in my Vibrant.

If anyone wants mine, I'll sell it. Faster shipping since it's already here in the US.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Back in the early days of vibrant I clearly remember unbranded 3000+ Mah batteries being around... Of course they would requite a special backplate which would make the phone twice as thick, but that wasn't stopping people from trying them.

What I especially remember (from back then) was that they were not as good as they were advertised in their specs. Of course they were better than the original ones (the 1500 Mah ones) but not enough to necessarily worth the trouble of doubling your phone in size.

So my question is (with those new batteries - the Andida ones) what is the deal now? I've searched this thread for comparative measurements but I found very little in the way of satisfying. My question is how far better (if at all) are those (2300Mah) batteries from the 1500Mah originals or even the 1800Mah ones? I mean real world numbers...

For example does it double the phone's battery capacity or it merely increases it just enough to make them not worth the trouble (bending the contacts, etc). Because I've seen some fantastic numbers here (and by fantastic I mean hard to believe) and at the same time some less than impressive.

So what's the truth (that's directed to those owning the battery for some time now), are they worth the risk to damage your phone's contacts?

...sorry for my long post, but seeing that I already own the 1800Mah variant, I'm quite sceptical whether I should buy one of these. I mean there is a good chance that they (may) give me true usage of my phone (since I won't fear to deplete it's juice too early on - which is why I had bought a smartphone in the first place), but at the same time it feels kind of fishy (given that that they're not Samsung originals)...

edit: I found this website: http://batteryboss.org/ stating that Andida batteries are BS, but I dunno if the same is true about our battery. If 2300Mah (however) means less than the 1800Mah Samsung original then I see no reason why should this be (branded as) an upgrade...

Last edited:

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010
Back in the early days of vibrant I clearly remember unbranded 3000+ Mah batteries being around... Of course they would requite a special backplate which would make the phone twice as thick, but that wasn't stopping people from trying them.

What I especially remember (from back then) was that they were not as good as they were advertised in their specs. Of course they were better than the original ones (the 1500 Mah ones) but not enough to necessarily worth the trouble of doubling your phone in size.

So my question is (with those new batteries - the Andida ones) what is the deal now? I've searched this thread for comparative measurements but I found very little in the way of satisfying. My question is how far better (if at all) are those (2300Mah) batteries from the 1500Mah originals or even the 1800Mah ones? I mean real world numbers...

For example does it double the phone's battery capacity or it merely increases it just enough to make them not worth the trouble (bending the contacts, etc). Because I've seen some fantastic numbers here (and by fantastic I mean hard to believe) and at the same time some less than impressive.

So what's the truth (that's directed to those owning the battery for some time now), are they worth the risk to damage your phone's contacts?

...sorry for my long post, but seeing that I already own the 1800Mah variant, I'm quite sceptical whether I should buy one of these. I mean there is a good chance that they (may) give me true usage of my phone (since I won't fear to deplete it's juice too early on - which is why I had bought a smartphone in the first place), but at the same time it feels kind of fishy (given that that they're not Samsung originals)...

edit: I found this website: http://batteryboss.org/ stating that Andida batteries are BS, but I dunno if the same is true about our battery. If 2300Mah (however) means less than the 1800Mah Samsung original then I see no reason why should this be (branded as) an upgrade...

i've had it for more than a week so far and i love the investment. i had the original oem battery since the beginning so I dont know if time may have deteriorated my original battery enough to make my new one seem this amazing. i didn't bed any pins to make this work. the battery fits well but the pins are .5mm off, nothing a small strip of plastic say from an unused credit card can't fix. if you have an 1800mah battery and you're satisfied with it ie lasting you throughout the day then theres no need for you to bother with this.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
i've had it for more than a week so far and i love the investment. i had the original oem battery since the beginning so I dont know if time may have deteriorated my original battery enough to make my new one seem this amazing. i didn't bed any pins to make this work. the battery fits well but the pins are .5mm off, nothing a small strip of plastic say from an unused credit card can't fix. if you have an 1800mah battery and you're satisfied with it ie lasting you throughout the day then theres no need for you to bother with this.

My 1800Mah battery shows signs of aging (I make heavy usage of my phone) which is why I'm out on the look-out again. If am convinced that this battery is no better than the 1800 OEM I would prefer to buy a second 1800 OEM for my phone, but if the results are as exciting as it was often reported here I'll be glad to give the Andida ones a try... which is basically why I made my long post.

Thanks for your input though ;)

Sincitybronze

Aug 19, 2010

My phone has been on for 11 hours: Display used for 70 minutes, voice calls for 20, 3G on the whole time and I've been in and out of bad signal areas. I have 66% left. I see this as a significant upgrade.

tipsek

May 7, 2011
Here is my first 4 cycles with the Andida 2300 mAh. To quickly sum it up, I wanted to get those 4 cycles over asap. So charged overnight ~ 10 hours and used phone like crazy over day to empty the batt. Ofcourse you use the phone diferently, but I tried to keep it atleast similar. So I would say maybe 20% difference in use those 4 days, but more or less the same:

Brightness 100%
WiFi ON all the time.
NO use of mobile internet.
GPS ~ 30 mins
BlueTooth headphones listening to music ~ 30 mins
Listening music through speaker ~ 30 mins
Games/browsing/settings/random usage ~ 1 hour
All the rest was playing a video, stock android player, brightness in player set to level 5, no sound. (~3 hours++ whatever was left).

And here are the pictures, power on not so important, screen on very important:

Cycle #1:
20120224224533-1.png
20120224224602-1.png

Cycle #2:
20120225223116-1.png
20120225223137-1.png

Cycle #3:
20120227012814-1.png
20120227012827-1.png

Cycle #4:
20120227234132-1.png
20120227234153-1.png

Well my first impressions are HELL YEA, I think 7 hours screen on with relative heavy use should cover just about anybodys 1 day of usage.

Will do a test of my 2 year old original 1500 mAh battery versus the Andida. I plan on putting the phone in Airplane mode and throw video play on it, and checking every ~ 30 mins how much % is left. And total time before phone goes to 1% on both. Does anyone have a better way to compare batterys or should I go with this? :D

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
Glad some one has the time to test out the andida battery. Can you install a flashlight app instead of playing a video? This way it'll be consistent when I test out my 1800mah battery to compare. I probably won't have the same video as you. Have the flashlight app and phone on full brightness with airplane mode on, bluetooth and gps off. I don't think a full white screen will burn in the screen. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tipsek

May 7, 2011
burntrat: yeah that might be a good idea to compare.. We should have the same setup and the same APP to do it, or at least as close as we can get. Shoot me a PM so we can make as close comparision as possible.

burntrat

Sep 17, 2010
i just sent you a pm
not sure if it went through though.

its basically
-airplane mode on
-bluetooth, gps off
-kill all apps
-run https://market.android.com/details?id=com.socialnmobile.flashlight&feature=search_result&pli=1
on full white brightness and phone on full brightness as well

if there is anything else that might be a factor, let me know.

maybe this app is better:
https://market.android.com/details?id=nu.mine.tmyymmt.aflashlight&feature=search_result

it's not full screen so you can see the battery %.
when it gets down to 1% you can then check the run time on the phone.

Last edited:

tipsek

May 7, 2011
Tried aFlashlight and is fullscreen.. we need a flashlight that shows a status bar, or a battery log app that logs every X minutes and keeps log even if phone dies.

dardani89

Oct 30, 2010
you guys are going OD on this. what are you trying to publish a paper for the american physical society on this battery? the andida battery is without a doubt a huge difference when compared to the original battery and i would bet anything that it'll last almost anyone a full day, unless you bought the vibrant just to have an extra flashlight around. the only problem people have is that the pins dont match up, so you're taking a risk, but the solution is simple.

Decepticaons

Sep 1, 2011
Byron Center
you guys are going OD on this. what are you trying to publish a paper for the american physical society on this battery? the andida battery is without a doubt a huge difference when compared to the original battery and i would bet anything that it'll last almost anyone a full day, unless you bought the vibrant just to have an extra flashlight around. the only problem people have is that the pins dont match up, so you're taking a risk, but the solution is simple.

agreed, I get 2 days out of this thing, just do yourself a favor and buy it, im sure you have some paper laying around or a thin piece of plastic, who knows maybe you will get lucky like me and you wont have to do anything besides put it in and power it on!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has probably been asked a million times but I have searched for an hour and cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I reset my battery stats because my battery life has been horrible the last week. My phone now says fully charged but the meter only shows 92. Should I let it die completely and recharge completely and then it will be fixed or will it just do the same thing? I am on ICS passion 10.6 if that makes a differnece. Ill be getting a slim 220o mah battery next week but this is still annoying me. I work 10+ hours a day and text my wife a lot and im only getting 13 hrs on the battery. About 100 texts, 30 min of web and I get auto updates via craigslist notification. GPS and wi-fi are off and my sync settings are for 1 time per day. Thanks all!
    Just post a message and then hit the More button, Upload from Gallery (assuming you have the pix there), It'll upload and at the bottom you can hit inline to put as part of the post or just leave it and it will be on the bottom of the post.

This is how it is done on the premium app and I presume it is the same for the regular one too.
    Can you elaborate a little bit more on this please? Was messing around with it this weekend and think that is the problem with mine. Need to make sure before I send it back but if I "shave" it down, then clearly it can't be returned.

It doesn't sound that bad, for shaving means only a little bit of pressure with a screw driver and i was good to go. The point the battery actually fits the phone well, only the 3 copper strips were about like 0.5mm missed, so maybe u can fit it in place adding some tissue paper to fill the gap, so it won't mess up the maintenance.
    This has probably been asked a million times but I have searched for an hour and cant seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I reset my battery stats because my battery life has been horrible the last week. My phone now says fully charged but the meter only shows 92. Should I let it die completely and recharge completely and then it will be fixed or will it just do the same thing? I am on ICS passion 10.6 if that makes a differnece. Ill be getting a slim 220o mah battery next week but this is still annoying me. I work 10+ hours a day and text my wife a lot and im only getting 13 hrs on the battery. About 100 texts, 30 min of web and I get auto updates via craigslist notification. GPS and wi-fi are off and my sync settings are for 1 time per day. Thanks all!

You have been thanked , great thread and placed into the Kernel Bible, listed under the Reference Library Link in the Sig. This should be listed as a sticky!