mac address changing, spoofing for i9205 ir i527

Search This thread

cakegetter

Mar 15, 2009
Hey guys I tried all the apps in google play ( mac address ghost,mac spoofer and mac changer) to no avail. I get the same problem when I spoof the mac address where wifi wont recognize the password. Anybody have a solution for this? I am running stock rom and am rooted with busybox and supersu and quick terminal installed. A permanent or temporary solution would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

cakegetter

Mar 15, 2009
Anybody knows where I could find the mac address in root explorer? Where is it stored? Thanks guys.

EDIT: I opened root explorer went into efs/wifi and changed the mac address on each file with text editor. The result is different mac address on my network but also shows my old mac address, so now when I connect to my network it shows 2 connections. I blocked my old mac address on my router settings but im still able to connect. Anybody experimenting with this let me know your results.

Last edited:

abgder

Sep 8, 2013
Anybody knows where I could find the mac address in root explorer? Where is it stored? Thanks guys.

EDIT: I opened root explorer went into efs/wifi and changed the mac address on each file with text editor. The result is different mac address on my network but also shows my old mac address, so now when I connect to my network it shows 2 connections. I blocked my old mac address on my router settings but im still able to connect. Anybody experimenting with this let me know your results.

on my device i just go to root open data/etc and find folder wlan_macaddr and edit mac addres frm there..but should make backup before chnge it in case u want yur mac back