[Q] I9100 registers SIM upon pin change only

Search This thread

ronhu

May 5, 2014
Upon having converted a SHW-M250S to I9100 (unrooted) I stuck for days now to look for solutions to get fully functional GSM SIMs working on the phone which had no problem with the same SIMs before conversion.

The actual data are:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.1.2
Baseband: M250S.UB23.0933.ST
Kernel: 3.031-1497824

Just by chance I discovered that a SIM pin change solves the problem, which however is not quite convenient, as it is required upon every system start.

Basically the phone starts, no SIM pin request comes up and hence does not register the SIM at the network (IMEI shows correctly upon *#06') AND there is no way to add an APN (just does not save any new entry).

As soon as a SIM pin change has been confirmed by the system it registers at the network and works fine until restart.

Do you know any cure for such behavior?

ronhu

May 5, 2014
Solved

Upon having converted a SHW-M250S to I9100 (unrooted) I stuck for days now to look for solutions to get fully functional GSM SIMs working on the phone which had no problem with the same SIMs before conversion.

The actual data are:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.1.2
Baseband: M250S.UB23.0933.ST
Kernel: 3.031-1497824

Just by chance I discovered that a SIM pin change solves the problem, which however is not quite convenient, as it is required upon every system start.

Basically the phone starts, no SIM pin request comes up and hence does not register the SIM at the network (IMEI shows correctly upon *#06') AND there is no way to add an APN (just does not save any new entry).

As soon as a SIM pin change has been confirmed by the system it registers at the network and works fine until restart.

Do you know any cure for such behavior?

The cure was simple: just switching off the PIN entry requirement and the phone registers immediately upon start-up!