[Q] support, GSM strange icon

Search This thread

scottdanpor

Oct 10, 2011
Anyone interested in this, we now have a way to do it :D

Get the latest G2 Tweaksbox Beta from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52546253

There is an option to change the Signal Icon Set. You need to have the paid version for that feature but I can confirm it works perfectly fine on ZVC.

Where is the option? I can't find it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Found it, I needed to scroll down for the beta version. I got the play store version. It does seem to be working!

Last edited:

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
False alarm. I got it to crash systemui after a while. I am going to work with developer and see if he can come up with a fix.

Venezolano

Apr 2, 2014
back over here to see if there is already a solution, I remove the GSM circle, someone already found a way?

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
as I do? there is a tutorial? do not really like

You need to be rooted, have Xposed installed. Get the "G2 Tweaksbox" Xposed module and enable it in Xposed. Buy the paid version through in-app purchase. Then inside the App, go to "Theme tweaks" -> "Status Bar" -> Enable Status Bar (make it ON). Scroll down on the same screen, select "Change status bar's icon set" and select "AOSP". Reboot. Done.

Reactions: emi_fer

kenpachi212

Jan 22, 2014
I can assure that it is not just an icon. It has a purpose at the time it is display. Maybe you're blessed with a fast gsm coverage. The LTE icon means something, the 3g icon means something, the H icon means something. It is not just an icon. If it is not meant to let you know about some specific task then why bother put it there to be display? Just asking!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bro, you really should stop and think before answering and putting your foot in your mouth. It's ACTUALLY just an icon, if you do a speed test you will see the actual speed which is the same as 3G/H+. This is a known issue. We CAN'T all be lucky to have to be blessed with gast GSM coverage in every country.

adnannaveed

Aug 21, 2014
ok, I have this GSM icon. to make it change you need to change the build. prop line that carrier name=SPR to say TMO or simply delete SPR. and magically you'll have 4G icon. also you will have two sliders in the status pull down menu. check it out le me know. side effects the ui. apk occasionally crashes ..

where to find the file in which such changes should be made .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, I am doing some research on this.

I found someone was able to fix this on Sprint HTC One. I can't find the relevant G2 file on my phone yet (but I havent looked hard).

Here is the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2496572

We need to find a way to do the same on our phone. Any pointers?
    GSM icon

Ok, I tried this. Doesn't help to be honest. It now gives a static 4G icon, even though I am on 3G. It does not change between E / 3G / H+, it just stays static on 4G. Also, the signal bar is stuck on 1 bar and does not change depending on the signal strength. :(

well, mine did change signals although yes showed lower bars. I forgot the other line on build. prop that I changed and showed me more bars. mine was always connected to hspa+ so 4G was appropriate. sorry it didn't help you as much. my feeling its the build. prop has the secret to it. I noticed when you mess with this device it gives you different results. Sprint has tricks under their sleeve.
    Anyone interested in this, we now have a way to do it :D

Get the latest G2 Tweaksbox Beta from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52546253

There is an option to change the Signal Icon Set. You need to have the paid version for that feature but I can confirm it works perfectly fine on ZVC.
    as I do? there is a tutorial? do not really like

You need to be rooted, have Xposed installed. Get the "G2 Tweaksbox" Xposed module and enable it in Xposed. Buy the paid version through in-app purchase. Then inside the App, go to "Theme tweaks" -> "Status Bar" -> Enable Status Bar (make it ON). Scroll down on the same screen, select "Change status bar's icon set" and select "AOSP". Reboot. Done.