[DEV][ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL][GT-I8552] CyanogenMod 11.0

Search This thread

mahir kukreja

Feb 13, 2014
delhi

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Quote:
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * *
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading * cause of male impotence. */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
Do not submit bugs to gerrit about this rom.

This is development thread. DO NOT ASK FOR ETAs.

so guys k2wl has told me to make this thread
as you all know ppl here have been trying really hard to getcm11 to boot on this device but they have not been sucessful !

following instructions given by k2wl and by fixing errors here and there i was able to make a bootable cm11 for this device

it has been tested by me and freitaz

it boots but nothing works im serious coz at dis time the main priority was to make it boot n then fix all the bugs later!

so when i told k2wl abt dis he said that he'll help us so lets hope for the best and i am no developer it was jst a stroke of luck tht i was able to boot it i think :p
so im posting here the link of my build so tht other devs for this device can use it coz i dnt think im mch experienced

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q1...delos3geur.zip
my first build

here is the device repository link

https://github.com/mahirkukreja/android_device_samsung_delos3geur

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy win Duos i8552, or coming from another ROM:

- Make sure you are on Stock 4.1.2 ROM.
- Boot into recovery(CWM 6.0.4.5 recovery is must)
- Wipe data / factory reset
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Flash CM10.2 ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot

Gapps
http://goo.im/gapps

CWM 6.0.4.5
http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2570950

CREDITS
Cyanogenmod Team
Samsung for source

XDA:DevDB Information
[DEV][ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL][GT-I8552] CyanogenMod 11.0 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro

Contributors
mahir kukreja

Version Information

Created 2014-07-02
Last Updated 2014-07-02

Dan_Jacques

Nov 17, 2011
Santana-AP
Hi. My gf was bought a Galaxy Win (GT-8552B) yesterday, and I wish to install a ~decent~ rom (the stock rom is very laggy). I have a Moto G and contribute to solve some bugs on custom roms based on CM11, and I could help the project in next stage (yeah, I cant install a ultra-experimental rom in girlfriend phone lol) Can explain what's working? (dont need be very detailed, only to we know the stage that we are)

Well, congratulation for the start. This phone owners will be very happy with CM11. ;)

iead_20

Dec 25, 2012
Damascus
Hi. My gf was bought a Galaxy Win (GT-8552B) yesterday, and I wish to install a ~decent~ rom (the stock rom is very laggy). I have a Moto G and contribute to solve some bugs on custom roms based on CM11, and I could help the project in next stage (yeah, I cant install a ultra-experimental rom in girlfriend phone lol) Can explain what's working? (dont need be very detailed, only to we know the stage that we are)

Well, congratulation for the start. This phone owners will be very happy with CM11. ;)

well, as the developer said, NOTHING IS WORKING

Reactions: mohamed_fattoh

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
Can explain what's working? (dont need be very detailed, only to we know the stage that we are)

The OP mentioned it on thread at Android Development section. But, since I tested it, let me explain: the rom just boots to home screen. Nothing else is working: no camera, no audio, no wifi, no bluetooth, no carrier signal, only one SIM. But in time they will get it to work. :good:

Arinio

Jul 3, 2013
Kolkata
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Quote:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading * cause of male impotence. */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

as you all know ppl here have been trying really hard to getcm11 to boot on this device but they have not been sucessful !

following instructions given by k2wl and by fixing errors here and there i was able to make a bootable cm11 for this device

it boots but nothing works im serious coz at dis time the main priority was to make it boot n then fix all the bugs later!

so when i told k2wl abt dis he said that he'll help us so lets hope for the best and i am no developer it was jst a stroke of luck tht i was able to boot it i think :p
so im posting here the link of my build so tht other devs for this device can use it coz i dnt think im mch experienced

my first build

INSTRUCTIONS
First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy win Duos i8552, or coming from another ROM:

- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Flash CM10.2 ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot

Gapps

CWM 6.0.4.5

CREDITS
Cyanogenmod Team
Samsung for source

[DEV][ROM][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL][GT-I8552] CyanogenMod 11.0 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro

Contributors
mahir kukreja

Version Information

Created 2014-07-02
Last Updated 2014-07-02

Is it possible for you to disclose all steps?

My questions are :

1. What VM Software you used or directly developed in Linux?

2. If Linux then I586 or x64 version used?

3. Partition Schema. Specially /home.

4. Total VM Space for developing CM for one instance?

5. Version of Java used.

6. Version of make used.

7. Version of python used.

8. What API version used? 16 or else?

9. In repo what repository you have downloaded?

10. For breakfast what device name you used? delos3geur or I8552?

Regards

mahir kukreja

Feb 13, 2014
delhi
Used ubuntu 13.10 as dual boot 100gb partition
64bit
Cm11 takes approx 45gb space
For everything else simply followed k2wl's guide in his device repository posted in general section

Arinio

Jul 3, 2013
Kolkata
Used ubuntu 13.10 as dual boot 100gb partition
64bit
Cm11 takes approx 45gb space
For everything else simply followed k2wl's guide in his device repository posted in general section

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_t769

Note:

You want to use a 64-bit version of Linux. According to Google, 32-bit Linux environment will only work if you are building older versions prior to Gingerbread (2.3.x)/CyanogenMod 7. However, as of 10.1 CyanogenMod does not build with 64bit host binaries on some systems. You will have to set something like BUILD_HOST_32bit=1 in your environment when building on such 64bit system.

Hopefully you have set the environment.

Regards

RockyBR

Jul 6, 2014
works on GT-I8552B ???????????

Quote:

my first build

INSTRUCTIONS

- Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Flash CM10.2 ROM
- Flash Gapps
- Reboot

Gapps

CWM 6.0.4.5

CREDITS
Cyanogenmod Team
Samsung for source

Contributors
mahir kukreja

Version Information

Created 2014-07-02
Last Updated 2014-07-02

works on GT-I8552B

Reactions: gaudence

id74em8

Oct 21, 2013
well, as the developer said, NOTHING IS WORKING
hello, I was release one test from instalation on my win Brazil I8552 and Still not working the ´Wi fi, Sim cards, storage, SMS, 3G network, sounds, camera . But is flashable and run very well.
Mauricio Rosa

The External SD Card has already been fixed.
Audio has been partially fixed, but the audio is only from the front speakers, and mono [obviously]
Camera is not stable due to the libcamera troubles
Internal SD is being worked upon right now.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and RIL is not fixed yet.
These are the updates till today.

Last edited:
Reactions: afaquekhaja

freitaz

Jan 21, 2014
Manaus, AM
Not yet, they are still trying to fix both storages... soon they will fix it and then the work around other things will increase

mahir kukreja

Feb 13, 2014
delhi
Not yet, they are still trying to fix both storages... soon they will fix it and then the work around other things will increase
moved on a bit in camera as well will take a look at it after storage
n external sd is fullyfixed causes problems only when we try to mount internal sd at the correct place thats wht is taking a lotta time

marcale.81

Jul 24, 2014
I have a GT-I8552B

Install this ROM form all possible (1 * CUSTOM updating their app, 2 CUSTOM factory updating the app with no extras, 3 * formatting system).
1 * Starts and stays in the CM logo
2 * and 3 * starts normally but does not work network, wifi, bluetooth not work to my backup that I restored.

I did not test deeper fuinciona but overall very very fluid.

QUESTION:
-In the case of my computer that is DualChip, operate both SIMs?
-They be able to increase the pixels to take advantage of more screen 4.7 "?

dmlmagal

Jul 18, 2014
Diamantina - MG
For times we are waiting for something like this, unfortunately this phone is forgotten by Samsung, the cyanogen is amazing, and bring it to 8552 will benefit the owners of that smart. Congratulations for the initiative. @mahir @k2wl @yajnab

Sent from my GT-I8552B using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Akil Jaron

Jun 27, 2014
pune
Please Present The link of the Completly Rom Working one Soon.Waiting for long Time

For times we are waiting for something like this, unfortunately this phone is forgotten by Samsung, the cyanogen is amazing, and bring it to 8552 will benefit the owners of that smart. Congratulations for the initiative. @mahir @k2wl @yajnab

:confused:Please Present The link of the Completly Rom Working one Soon.Waiting for long Time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Quote:

my first build

INSTRUCTIONS

- Wipe Dalvik Cache
    - Flash CM10.2 ROM
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Gapps

CWM 6.0.4.5

CREDITS
    Cyanogenmod Team
    Samsung for source

Contributors
    mahir kukreja

Version Information

Created 2014-07-02
    Last Updated 2014-07-02
    According to @gody420 it wrks.

Sent from my GT-I8552 using XDA Free mobile app

Internal sd fixed as well people !!

Oh sorry i forgot! I did try that day but the internet was too slow and so i had paused... looks like mahir kukreja has already uploaded his build and wifi is working.. I will upload after some more days since i have to prepare for some possible surprise tests... Sorry for the inconvenience..!
    i requested your build because mahir's don't uploaded the build, but now i already downloaded and tested mahir's build, the work of all the developers of this project is simply awesome, thank you for all the time you put in this project, and the others too, waiting for the stable build, good luck!
    i am testing the builds to see how it is, guys you're awesome, i can tell for all grand quattro owners, thanks for sharing, thanks for the dedication.
    Keep the good work, we are waiting for the final release!

And stock browser problem is common due to lack of hardware acceleration n hence u have to use other browsers like chrome