How to use Odin 1.3?

Search This thread

j1mb34m

May 8, 2010
Chicago
Hi, I'm trying to use Odin 1.3 to flash JF7, and the SRE mod. I was running JF6 with the SRE mod. So far, I've used Odin one-click to wipe (with phone booted), reformatted internal sd (after reboot), and one-click restored to factory JF6 (from download mode). Now, my phone is booted, and not connected to USB. I have "Odin3. [Android + SLP]" open, and extracted the I897UCJH7.rar file, and also extracted the resulting I897UCJF7_homebinary.rar file.

Here's my question--how the hell do I use Odin 3?!? I've read that it can be picky, and I would rather just do it right the first time :) I've read all this stuff about .tar and .pit files, but cant seem to find them from any of the rars i've extracted. Odin3 is able to find I897UCJ7_homebinary.rar when opening a file in the "PDA" option of the program. When opening a file from the "Phone" option of the program, I'm able to open the aforementioned rar, and also the modem.bin file in the folder extracted from I897UCJ7_homebinary.rar.

So, do I open the file from the PDA option, or the PHONE option? Also, what's the deal with these pit and tar files? Do I need to load either to flash JF7?

I just can't seem to find a comprehensive overview of the program anywhere....

Thanks a lot!

Edit--turns out I897UCJF7_homebinary is actually a .tar file. The rest of questions still stand :)

Edit--It also seems that the I897UCJF7_homebinary.tar might just have to be loaded into the PDA sections of the app. Not sure about this yet.

Edit--I think the answer might be here, post #194: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=780887

Last edited:

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
Hi, I'm trying to use Odin 1.3 to flash JF7, and the SRE mod. I was running JF6 with the SRE mod. So far, I've used Odin one-click to wipe (with phone booted), reformatted internal sd (after reboot), and one-click restored to factory JF6 (from download mode). Now, my phone is booted, and not connected to USB. I have "Odin3. [Android + SLP]" open, and extracted the I897UCJH7.rar file, and also extracted the resulting I897UCJF7_homebinary.rar file.

Here's my question--how the hell do I use Odin 3?!? I've read that it can be picky, and I would rather just do it right the first time :) I've read all this stuff about .tar and .pit files, but cant seem to find them from any of the rars i've extracted. Odin3 is able to find I897UCJ7_homebinary.rar when opening a file in the "PDA" option of the program. When opening a file from the "Phone" option of the program, I'm able to open the aforementioned rar, and also the modem.bin file in the folder extracted from I897UCJ7_homebinary.rar.

So, do I open the file from the PDA option, or the PHONE option? Also, what's the deal with these pit and tar files? Do I need to load either to flash JF7?

I just can't seem to find a comprehensive overview of the program anywhere....

Thanks a lot!

Edit--turns out I897UCJF7_homebinary is actually a .tar file. The rest of questions still stand :)

Edit--It also seems that the I897UCJF7_homebinary.tar might just have to be loaded into the PDA sections of the app. Not sure about this yet.

Edit--I think the answer might be here, post #194: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=780887

Yeah, that is pretty much all you need to do. Make sure you are using the full odin program and not the one click.