'Microsoft Surface' like application development for ppc (based on single touch)

Search This thread

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
twolf,

I love your flash files, excellent work! Would like to see if the following can be done:

You have the fishes swim randomly. Upon pressing the touchscreen, can the fishes swim towards the ripple, it's like feeding the fishes? :D

Agree that if this can be incorporated into S2U2, it would be an excellent application.

g00ndu

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
I tried converting swf to gif, and is able to get the fishes in gif.

However, the gif file is hugh.

twolf, would be great if you can delete the time (you can of course keep your signature :D). With that I am trying to get the gif into s2u2. :)

bornotty

Jan 11, 2008
Bombay
I really doubt whether this will happen. Right now, there's no PPC device with Multi-Touch, and the CPU power doesn't seem to be enough.

well i mentioned that in my first post :) that instead of the multi touch feeling lets try to bring the single touch for our device, same stuff using one finger only and not two :D

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
On FlashRipple4, could you decrease the frequency of the automatic taps? It's a little too much I think.

Really? I though they were too little, thats why I created the 'rain mode' in the fishes... But if you want, open the FLA and, in the library, open the movieclip called COUNTER and add more frames after the label LOOP.
That should do it. ;)

It's funny how people compare this table surface to an iphone/itouch lol

:D ahh.. nice development with the fishes but,. we must not forget we are trying to bring up the image of Microsoft's Surface :D

I really cant even try to do that, this is flash, not so fast and not a multitouch eye-candy smooth application...
I'm just working whith what I have... :(

I made some nicer (or more eye-candy) flash movies for a today plugin gadget, but it cant have many animations, or else it becomes so slow its useless, see them here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=414315

g00ndu, a gif file would be waaaaay too heavy, because of the random movement of the fishes and the degrades in the ripples... Also, since its not flash, it could be so much more... the fish could have scales (texture), smoother fin movement and shadows, the ripples could be smoother and include bitmap distortion and the background could have a moving texture. Or you can use a movie from Vista DreamScenes, it will be much good-looking.

There is so much more it can do when its not restricted to a low mhz machine...

Last edited:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
As a test, I did this version...

image1cz5.jpg

Special EyeCandy version (good luck with that):
-----------------------------------------------
Transparent ripples
The ripples are now on top of the fishes
Scales on the fixes
Shadows on the fishes
Changed the way fish swim
Changed the way fish leave the screen
Changed the way fish react to being touched (they give a smooth full 180º turn now)
Changed the background back to v1 (its cleaner)
The clock is on top of everything else (it was the only way to be seen, I removed my name from the screen so that it wouldnt bother much)
Corrected a bug in the minutes
The keypad codes work as before, low/high quality, rain mode on/off (still has a small bug)...

I was going to make the fish come near the places where you touch (as requested), but they'd always be too clutered that way...:(

Test it here:
http://www.zshare.net/flash/1712970283d7eedf/

This version is soooo slow on my machine. :D
Sourcecode and EXE included in the zip.

Attachments

• FlashFixeEC.zip
    230.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
I can, but it should have more interaction... Also it would have to accept our own images.

I made a website a while back for some friends, with something similar to that:
http://www.ogamico.com

Where you can stretch the pictures by pressing on the bottom right tip, drag them around or click on the name to jump to the area... But I wanted something a little more elaborated, even though we dont have the multitouch, any ideias?
;)

Last edited:

bornotty

Jan 11, 2008
Bombay
I can, but it should have more interaction... Also it would have to accept our own images.

I made a website a while back for some friends, with something similar to that:
http://www.ogamico.com

Where you can stretch the pictures by pressing on the bottom right tip, drag them around or click on the name to jump to the area... But I wanted something a little more elaborated, even though we dont have the multitouch, any ideias?
;)

your a genius twolf!! :D please make a early exe of it!!

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
In fact the last version is real slow in my Wizard, but.... what can I do

Wait, you can make a miracle

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
As requested...

FotoFlash:
image1qu1.jpg

Press and drag the pictures to move them around.
Click the right-bottom tip to strech it.
Click the top-left tip to rotate it (still some bugs here).
With the extra EXE you can add your own pictures.
Keypad up/down for high/low quality.
Press enter to exit the application.

To add your own pictures, just place img_1.jpg (1,2,3... maximum 8) with 320x240 px in this folder:
> For WM6 (not sure about WM5) the folder is /Application Data/Volatile/FotoFlash
> For WM2003 the folder is /temp/FotoFlash
If for some reason this is not the folder, run it once and search for a folder called FotoFlash with your Explorer application.

As always, sourcecode and EXE's included in the zip.

Attachments

• FotoFlash.zip
    799 KB · Views: 1,597
Last edited:

berchielli

Jun 13, 2008
twolf, você é um gênio! Ficou maravilhoso seu aplicativo das fotos, o único problema é a lentidão!(HTC Touch).
Se continuar a trabalhar neles, quem sabe não encontra um jeito de deixá-los rápidos? Sem dúvida um aplicativo para o dia-a-dia.
Parabéns.

Comprimentos do Brasil!
Alias, excelente forum o PPCtuga!

--------------------------

Excelent work twolf! Very nice app.
Keep the good work.
Tks.

Last edited:

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
Thank you vey much :)
Unfortunelly I cant speed it up without removing the "niceness" factor, Flash is not supose to be fast on slow machines, and 400mhz is slow already, so 200mhz... :D

You can see it by the FlashFixe example, the "light" version runs fine on mine, but its no way near as beautifull as the "EyeCandy" version.

Flash Lite 2.1 is a little faster than flash 7 and I belive Flash lite 3 (that's supose to come out this year) may be even faster, but it brings more memory bugs there werent there before and there arent good tools out there to use them on our pockets pc's.

Even the EXE's I made had to be done by an external aplication, since Macromedia/Adobe never really gave us a way to create the WinCE EXE's (even though it says on the flash documentation)...

So, honestly, I'm waiting for the new ppc's processor and RAM revolution pending since the iPhone came out... :D
And no more HTC machines in the future for me, they are good looking but dont really care about video drivers...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hmmmm, nothing against java, but wont that get even slower in our machines? :(

image1lo8.jpg

New Version 4:
    - Lighter flat background (looks better)
    - movieclip drops now remove themselves after falling (better for the memory on the long run)
    - After 3 seconds inactive, the drops start falling by themselves randomly.
    - You can now add your own background picture, just place bg.jpg in this folder:
    > For WM6 (not sure about WM5) the folder is /Application Data/Volatile/FlashRipple4
    > For WM2003 the folder is /temp/FlashRipple4
    If for some reason this is not the folder, run it once and search for a folder called FlashRipple4 with your Explorer application.

As always, sourcecode and EXE included in the zip, I also included a background image for testing.

PS: Epyon, here is an ideia for a nice background for your niece: ;)
    12NEMO.fish.jpg
    i saw a mention of this earlier... wasn't sure if anyone got this running? is there any way to add the "eye candy" flash as a background in s2u2? i just think that would be awesome! great job guys... can't wait to see what u guys come up with next!!!

I really dont know, gifs are too heavy and 256 colors, you'll have to ask the a2u2 author to make it throttle-compatible (because its the only good plugin out there for flash) or be able to read flash inside a html.

I can't get the latest version to work on my HTC Touch, what version of flash are you using ?

And is there anyway that I can use as my home page ?

Flash 7, homepage??? do you mean today screen?
    Only with throttle.

----//----

Made a new version, by remixing the eye-candy version.

FlashFixe v3
    previewgy0.jpg

Test it here:
    http://www.zshare.net/flash/17241846b0b4f4c3/

What's new:
    Change the background color to white, it looks cleaner
    Removed two of the fishes to release memory
    Kept some of the fish shadows and scales from the eye-candy version
    Total remake of the remaining fish, he is now QUARK, a moody Lionhead goldfish ^_^
    Total remake of QUARK swimming animation and programming
    Total remake of QUARK random swimming path, he now zaps from one end of the screen to the other side
    Total remake of the water drops animation and programming, to save memory
    Click on QUARK turns the clock visible for a few seconds
    Click on QUARK changes his color, six diferent colors: GoldenLion, RoseRed, YellowSub, DeepDark, AlienBlue and PowerpuffPink

I tried to make him follow our finger, but the animation becomes too weird, so I gave up on that again.
    And tried for him to make a little turn every time it got clicked, but it looked like he was dancing.
    Also tried to drag-and-drop him but that made the hole thing look fake, so removed all that...

To use:
    Press anywhere on the screen to make a water drip effect, if you drag your finger across the screen it will create a water ripple path.
    To see the clock, make some ripples across the middle of the screen.
    If you don't press the screen for over 3 seconds, drops of rain will start to fall, they will stop as soon as you press anywhere on the screen.
    To set the heavy rain mode on/off press left/right on your keypad, it will also stop if you press anywhere on the screen.
    To set quality high/low press up/down on your keypad, default is medium.
    Put it in high quality at least once to see the full effect. It can be slow, but so worth it...
    When you click on QUARK he changes color and the clock becomes grey for a few seconds, don't overdo it, or he will get upset and leave (he will return eventualy, but the initial trust on you was lost)...
    Press enter to exit the application.

As always, you need flash 7 installed and the source codes are included on the zip.
    ;)