Kit Kat 4.4

Search This thread

logikzzz

Dec 1, 2013
I heard rumor of kit kat 4.4 becoming available for htc one max on Dec 25th. Any confirmation to this? If so, will we need to do anything to a rooted phone to get the oTA update?

Reactions: rzfinal

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
Don't expect kit kat until after the release of the M8

sent from my humongous VZW HTC ONE MAX

NikeGolfer

May 22, 2011
Maybe the One Max will be different, but on my wife's rooted, unlocked bootloader, & s-off Galaxy Nexus, installing KitKat meant I could either lock on to 3G and make phone calls or obtain 4G lock only but couldn't do both. I stayed up half the night researching it, and apparently KitKat was having problems playing nice with custom rooted devices. I finally had to drop back to 4.3 for the Nexus to operate correctly.

Again your experience could be different, but at least do your research before going forward if/when we ever receive KitKat.

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Maybe the One Max will be different, but on my wife's rooted, unlocked bootloader, & s-off Galaxy Nexus, installing KitKat meant I could either lock on to 3G and make phone calls or obtain 4G lock only but couldn't do both. I stayed up half the night researching it, and apparently KitKat was having problems playing nice with custom rooted devices. I finally had to drop back to 4.3 for the Nexus to operate correctly.

Again your experience could be different, but at least do your research before going forward if/when we ever receive KitKat.

Don't worry HTC is not going to make their phone & software that bad :laugh:

I guess it's because the software for the GNex, the AOSP guys would fix those soon :laugh:

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

On the second thought, The HTC one already has 4.4 for the dev versions and i have not heard any complaints on root.

svt54

Nov 4, 2008
Everything I am reading says the One max, is essentially a One with a bigger screen and a fingerprint scanner. Will the One custom roms not work at all on the max? If all the hardware is essentially the same, why wouldn't it work with some ppi tweaks?

BTW, not sure about the Galaxy Nexus, but I have tried two different variations of Kit Kat 4.4 on my One, and both work flawless. I am running the Beanstalk variant now.

Last edited:
Reactions: pradeepvizz

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Everything I am reading says the One max, is essentially a One with a bigger screen and a fingerprint scanner. Will the One custom roms not work at all on the max? If all the hardware is essentially the same, why wouldn't it work with some ppi tweaks?

BTW, not sure about the Galaxy Nexus, but I have tried two different variations of Kit Kat 4.4 on my One, and both work flawless. I am running the Beanstalk variant now.

Yeah, the custom rom for the one's should run.. I guess someone should just try... Hope to do it in the weekend.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

svt54

Nov 4, 2008
I found this about kitkat 4.4 http://www.xda-developers.com/android/google-taking-aim-at-device-modders-in-android-4-4-kitkat/

A very interesting read, glad I got my phone before 4.4 was actually released.

Also http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11/01/android-4-4-kitkat-update-release-date-breakdown/

Posts all leaning late januaray early feb for kitkat 4.4 on Sprint HTC one max.

That being said, HTC tends to be a little more friendly to the modders. And seeing as there are a bunch of 4.4 roms on the one, I will be shocked if you all don't see a custom 4.4 within a couple of weeks.

limestar

May 9, 2006
Surely Max won't be long for KitKat since the normal One unlocked and dev had it already!

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

ZazuMeza

Dec 19, 2012
Villahermosa
Android 4.4.2 for HTC One Max

I have just recived the notification for android 4.4.2, my HTC one max is the international version. I will download it tomorrow.

I just love this phone :D I´m glad is getting updates!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-06-22-11-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-06-22-11-18.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 344

pradeepvizz

Dec 24, 2010
Dubai
Wow, that is fast!! What's your CID?? please post the ota and it will be useful for us.

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: phuquoc70

ZazuMeza

Dec 19, 2012
Villahermosa
Htc one max update

Sorry, I don´t know what CID means. :(:confused:
I just finisht installing the update and I see some minor changes. Later I will try to read about the modifications that Kitkat bring.

I hope everybody is getting the update :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-07-09-32-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-07-09-32-53.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 272

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
Can you restart the phone into the bootloader. Turn the phone off, then hold volyme down and power on in at the same time. There is the info about cid, loks like htc__Y13

Sent from my HTC One max using xda premium

Top Liked Posts