ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Search This thread

choccy31

Oct 16, 2009
Is it possible to transfer apps and games (with data) saved from Titanium Backup on my mobile over to my new tablet?

Would hate to lose some of the data and games progress I have made.

Ta

pastordion

Jul 3, 2009
Bricked i957 ATT

I tried to install overcome rom on tablet not relizing only for 7300-7310 and tablet went blank after reboot. no download mode just qusb is seen as usb device on pc. Any body know how are who can fix

Drenznito

Mar 10, 2012
I am having a very hard time taking a dvd I own and putting it on my tablet. I understand that I would have to convert the dvd with "dvd fab" or one of many software's out there however, I just dont know if it will really work. Any help from anyone?

Last edited:

combat2k

Feb 5, 2012
Bucharest
first post

First of all, why the "search" option doesn't work for me? No results no matter what the search keywords are...

Anyway, just to start with:

- i have a P7300, bought 1 month ago in Romania, stock android for just 1 week, rooted, CMW 5.0.2.6 (or smthng) with overcome 2.2.0, then updated to CMW 5.5.0.4 + galaxian soup 1.5.1. Needing the camera working, I've just restored and Overcome, and now I'm on 2.3.1, working perfectly.

2. i cannot install CM9 (last 3 versions, before the 8th of March version)

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p5" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P7300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P7300"
E:Error in /sdcard/Downloads/update-cm-9.0.0-PC0-p5-KANG-signed-20120302.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Galaxian Soup worked.

3. i've bought a Connection Kit (3 USB-s and some card readers) and it worked in this way:

- ok in overcome 2.2.0 (disconnect and reconnect)
- pretty ok in ovecome 2.3.0 (some errors like 'this high speed has not enough power to ...' or 'invalid usb drive.. need format', but disconnect works)
- galaxian soup (no disconnect option - need to restart for seeing the usb drive again)

That's all for now.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Regards,
Dan.

glitschi667

Mar 14, 2011
I tried to install overcome rom on tablet not relizing only for 7300-7310 and tablet went blank after reboot. no download mode just qusb is seen as usb device on pc. Any body know how are who can fix

theroetically it should help to remove/disconnect the battery.... had a similar problem with a P7320T after falshing a wrong kernel..... opened it up and carefully disconnected the battery. After reconnect, it went directly to download mode.

Some say waiting for 1 or 2 days should be enough to get the battery empty....

edit: "adb reboot download" is worth a try.......

Last edited:
Reactions: tranceluv

safir187

Sep 14, 2011
Tehran
1- i have the latest overcome rom and i dont have a contacts app! what can i do?
2- how can i use dial pad codes? i need to get my device id for real apk leacher and i need dial pad (not for voice calls) for charging my gprs account

chromium67

Mar 12, 2012
1. I removed the shortcut from my home screen and went to the app list and dropped the contacts icon from there and it worked on overcome 2.3.1 on my P7310 (UK).

2. I don't know the answer for this...sorry.

KitF

Dec 14, 2010
Philadelphia
kit.im
I'm switching from the 7310 to the I-957, anything I should know? And do I have to root both devices if I want to transfer my apps and stuff?

amrsweedan

Mar 10, 2012
cairo
8.9 market

Hi

I bought a new galaxy tab 8.9 and i found an update available in in the device itself i did it, then i found the market application cannot be opened and message saying application is not installed! !!

shall i install new market app and which one i found many virions on xda, Is it normal to happen after updateS?

Thanks

KitF

Dec 14, 2010
Philadelphia
kit.im
Hi

I bought a new galaxy tab 8.9 and i found an update available in in the device itself i did it, then i found the market application cannot be opened and message saying application is not installed! !!

shall i install new market app and which one i found many virions on xda, Is it normal to happen after updateS?

Thanks

Look in your App list for the Play store.

earldroid

Jan 4, 2012
Hi

Thanks

It happens to me as well when I updated from 3.1 to 3.2. What i did is just remove the market icon in the homescreen then I went to app drawer and then create a new shortcut for the market. BTW, the new market is now called Play Shop

combat2k

Feb 5, 2012
Bucharest
me again with my questions:

First of all, why the "search" option doesn't work for me? No results no matter what the search keywords are...

2nd i cannot install CM9 (last 3 versions, before the 8th of March version)

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p5" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P7300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P7300"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Galaxian Soup worked.

3. i've bought a Connection Kit (3 USB-s and some card readers); why it doesnt work in galaxian soup (no disconnect option - need to restart for seeing the usb drive again)

That's all for now.

Regards,
Dan.

sorrowrain

May 25, 2011
me again with my questions:

2nd i cannot install CM9 (last 3 versions, before the 8th of March version)

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Galaxian Soup worked.

3. i've bought a Connection Kit (3 USB-s and some card readers); why it doesnt work in galaxian soup (no disconnect option - need to restart for seeing the usb drive again)

That's all for now.

Regards,
Dan.
as for 2 you have to flash cm9 cmw recovery then flash the rom.

minimadness

Dec 10, 2010
Hi,

This galaxy tab 8.9 has a tegra 2 processor or a snapdragon?

Because,
i found "tegra 2" in some sites... and snapdragon s3 on qualcomm site!!

link => ww w. qualcomm .com/snapdragon/devices/samsung-galaxy-tab8.9

Mkv and mp4 videos are smooth on this tablet (both 720p) ?

*excuse me for my bad english!

**edit=> i found the answer! The version with S3 is the LTE version!! (1,5 Ghz.... and adreno 220).. the "standard" version is powered by tegra 2....

excuse me!

Last edited:

joeherlev

Dec 28, 2010
Skovlunde
Skype error ??

I realy need help to get skype to work

I can make video calls but after 30sec it freezzzz picture and then connection lost!

I have uninstalled skype and installed again...
I have cleared app data

Nothing makes it work :'(

Please help.....

Is there an alternative app that works with skype??

dornier

Mar 21, 2005
Samsung 8.9 applications not installed!

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day. I tried to open several apps and many of them came up with the application not installed error message. I also went into "manage applications" and all of my apps were there, but most of them didn't have an icon. I also tried going through APPS, but about 30 apps were missing. Google Play was one of the programs that wouldn't run and it didn't even show up as a app in the app drawer. I tried a soft reset and I had the same problem. I had to perform a hard reset and the tablet appears normal now. Any ideas?

Thanks,

GP

Ren Hayashi

Sep 23, 2010
Hey nirogu325! Sorry I haven't been updating about my tablet's..err..predicament. Anyhow, after following your advice and checking out a few other forums, I finally decided to bring it to a Samsung store to have it checked, turns out that it really was a hardware problem, and they had to replace the motherboard..now happily using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 running on CM9 (Thanks to kallt_kaffe for porting CM9 over to the Tab 8.9, cannot wait for updates =D). And thank you for being patient with me, nirogu325. =)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until we Get a Forum for the 8.9 can you use this Thread
    Thanks Guys
    A :)
    what android version is on your 8.9? Reviews say it comes with 3.2 preloaded but mine has 3.1 and when i check for updates it says there are none.

It should be 3.1 .. exactly like Tab 10.1
    I flash the KI1 rom for my Orange branded rom galaxy tab 8.9, and I can rooted her and I have no yellow triangle like GS2.

So I think you can flash !

And I keep my IMEI. ;)

Yes it is a no wipe rom.
    there is no moisture problem,couse there is another Display! The Brightnes is a bit Lower than 10.1 it´s Time to develop a litle bit:)
    As requested...

Ok, I will say what I did and how but please note there's no turning back if you make a mistake as there is no American ODIN image (as of today on samfirmware.com) to return the tablet to its original state. That said, I'm not responsible for damages of any kind on your Galaxy Tab 8.9.

Root Instructions: HERE (also look at the second post for manual entry to the default Samsung Recovery)

- After rooting, I acquired Titanium Backup on the Market to delete Samsung bloat. There's lots of tutorials for Titanium Backup on the net, but be careful when deleting stuff, you've been warned. If you don't know what is X or Y program, google it or don't touch it. If you delete something you don't have an idea what it is, you run the risk of soft-bricking your Tab, once more, you've been warned.

- For accelerating shutdown/boot time a little, I used Root Explorer (to backup/copy or delete stuff tap on Mount R/W on the upper side of the app AND PLEASE BACKUP THE FILES/FOLDERS I'M ABOUT TO MENTION in case you want the boot/shutdown animations and tunes back). On /etc folder you see a music file named 1_Power_on.ogg and that's the tune you hear while the phone's booting.

Then on /system/media you see two files named bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg and yes those are logically the two files responsible for the spacey boot animation. On /system/media/video you see a shutdown folder and logically this is related to the shutdown animation. Before deleting files, I backed up said files (just tapped Copy and pasted them in another location) in case I wanted to restore them later on by putting them where they belong.