How to disable GPRS warning?

Search This thread

wahooza

Nov 13, 2008
I have the Fuze version on at&t network. I've disabled 3G on AT&T's side so there is no way to connect through there.
Nevertheless, my phone ALWAYS tries to connect to the 3G network and i've disabled 3G connections using Nodata.cab, advancedconfig, diamondtweaks.

Still, the warning signs always come up:
"there is a problem connecting to the gprs service in your registered home network warning"

and this occurs, when I turn on the phone and many other times.

Is there a way to disable this warning? I know I cant connect, its because i disabled it!!!!:confused:

wahooza

Nov 13, 2008
anyone? it comes up like 50x a day andi have to click OK to make it go away every single time :(

wahooza

Nov 13, 2008
did that, but didnt fix the problem. anything else that can be auto updating or trying to contact the 3G network?

gondalguru

Dec 2, 2006
Go to start -- settings -- connections -- connections --advanced -- select network.

Here I think you can change the defaults so that when ever a program tries to use internet it will either use wifi (if available) or nothing....

I have blocked the wireless internet access on all my lines and this is how I solved the problem of getting gprs disconnect warnings.

Hope this helps.

JakubAnderwald

Dec 28, 2007
Warsaw
Is it possible to just disable this warning?

I'm switching between my personal and business SIM cards quite often, and I have the data connection disabled on the business card, while on personal I have a data plan, so I want to be always-online.

wahooza

Nov 13, 2008
I disabled aGPS and now i dont get the warning as much. (remember, i disabled GPRS from att side).

when i start my phone, i get 1 warning (i used to get 3?)

maybe i'm on the right track...

JakubAnderwald

Dec 28, 2007
Warsaw
But the point is not to disable features so they don't auto-connect to the Internet.

The point is for the OS to try to onnect automatically, but when it failes - it doesn't have to scream that to your face every 5 minutes.

Jouke74

Oct 25, 2008
Translating from Dutch, so bear with me:

Go to Personal > phone > network settings and put the band on GSM.
Note that you won't be able to use the 3G + H data connections then.

bonelafide

Mar 12, 2009
i have a solution.

download > install > and run NOGPRS.cab aka No Data. that will shut it up. i just had the same problem and i did that and now i havnt gotten any... i think i might get like one if i turn the phone on and off and what not, but other then that its fine.

psg_uk

Sep 26, 2007
Solution to GPRS warning message

Go to settings > Connections > Connections > advanced > select networks >
now check both options to 'my work network'
click ok

and reboot

the irritating message will go away.
until you again reinstall the sim into your phone and it will automatically reconfigure the settings.

Just repeat the above process.

mouhdidan

Apr 26, 2009
solution

1. Tap Start.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Tap Phone.

4. Tap the Network Tab.

5. Tap the Network Selection Drop down.

6. Tap Manual.

7. Tap the desired network.

8. Tap Ok.:D