How comfortable is it to carry the Note with an extended battery?

Search This thread

johncommode

Feb 19, 2013
Newport News
I have read several reviews of extended batteries for the Note. So putting the tech specs aside, how comfortable is it to carry around the already big Note with an extended battery case? Are there any brands that are better than others in this regard?

I currently carry around an extra battery, but I always forget to charge the extra battery on days when I end up swapping them out. I was thinking about purchasing an extended battery/case, but I don't want to be carrying around a brick either. I spend a lot of time traveling where Iike to have my phone easily accesible in my front pants pocket.

Last edited:

briand.mooreg

May 14, 2012
I have read several reviews of extended batteries for the Note. So putting the tech specs aside, how comfortable is it to carry around the already big Note with an extended battery case? Are there any brands that are better than others in this regard?

I currently carry around an extra battery, but I always forget to charge the extra battery on days when I end up swapping them out. I was thinking about purchasing an extended battery/case, but I don't want to be carrying around a brick either. I spend a lot of time traveling where Iike to have my phone easily accesible in my front pants pocket.

I find pros and cons. The extended battery does make it easier to grip. But of course its harder to put in a pocket.

I use one all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: johncommode

brookssw

Jan 31, 2008
I carry my phone in my front pants pocket without issue. It's s little tight in some jeans with smaller pockets, but overall it works just fine with extended battery. Biggest issue I've had is lack of a case so while I drop it rarely, when I do it comes apart into three pieces(phone, battery, back case)

dugryce

I carry my phone in my front pants pocket without issue. It's s little tight in some jeans with smaller pockets, but overall it works just fine with extended battery. Biggest issue I've had is lack of a case so while I drop it rarely, when I do it comes apart into three pieces(phone, battery, back case)

I sell Honda's...with grueling schedule... and smart phone dependent, it carries well...I put white grip tape in a pattern...looks & feels good. Works well in front pocket, too!

:thumbup:

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I think it's fine. Because the phone is already big, the extra "hump" is not too hard to get used to.

I got a metal bumper case to work with the extended battery. I posted a picture in the other thread for 5200mah battery. If you drop it, it will still come apart most of the time.

I did use a cheap TPU case and cut out a hole for the hump and that works out fine as well. This will keep the phone together better if you drop it, but it was a really cheap TPU case, so I ditched it eventually for the bumper, which looked alot slicker.

johncommode

Feb 19, 2013
Newport News
I think it's fine. Because the phone is already big, the extra "hump" is not too hard to get used to.

I got a metal bumper case to work with the extended battery. I posted a picture in the other thread for 5200mah battery. If you drop it, it will still come apart most of the time.

I did use a cheap TPU case and cut out a hole for the hump and that works out fine as well. This will keep the phone together better if you drop it, but it was a really cheap TPU case, so I ditched it eventually for the bumper, which looked alot slicker.

I just took a look at that thread. I think I might get one to have on extended travel days. It does look kind of goofy IMO, but it will serve a purpose. Thanks for the response.

--- If you are an asshole online, then you ARE an asshole in person ---

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Yes... I have grown used to the look, but when I take out my phone in public, people do ask "what the heck is that?"

I don't think it is as ridiculous, but people do. But, it is nice when you are on the road. I lasted almost 3 full days in the mountains with the extended and stock batteries.

Partridge86

Jul 8, 2012
Shawnee
I love mine and I also have the case for the Hyperion extended battery for the international note and it fits fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

brookssw

Jan 31, 2008
I love mine and I also have the case for the Hyperion extended battery for the international note and it fits fine.

Can you link me to this case? Also, did you have to do any modifications to make it fit?

uffdapower

Nov 20, 2012
I'm just carrying 2 batteries... It's pretty fricken great
One in my phone charges like usual and I got a wall charger for the second
Picked the official Samsung battery from at&t for $30 and got the wall charge free from a friend

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

netter.159

Feb 21, 2013
yes, no problems with the case for everyday use, however you might find using the phone with one hand isn't as easy anymore.

I consider myself pretty good with one hand on the Note, but the extended battery makes that a real challenge.

TE TOQUE

Apr 14, 2012
Atlanta
I bought the extended battery with hump initially and only used it when I knew I wouldnt be able to have power for awhile. It became more of bulk issue, i ended up just ordering an extra battery and just swap out.

Last edited:

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
Picked the official Samsung battery from at&t for $30 and got the wall charge free from a friend

wow, talk about grabbing your ankles! I bet you paid extra taxes too

I don't know why everybody complains about the size.... i mean DUUUHHHH it's gonna be friggin huge it's 5400mah..... Still though, never had an issue with putting it in my pockets... if people having that issue, they need to stop wearing them damn skinny girl jeans ....

Reactions: brookssw

Sqb

Jan 22, 2011
delete........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

briand.mooreg

May 14, 2012
I use my extended battery everyday, no problems here.

bigbuc

Mar 1, 2012
Texas
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8+
I have one in 24/7. I keep it in my shirt pocket, run a ranch, no extra case/cover. I'm on 4g only, no real internet out here where the bear does his business.
Doesn't fall out, get too wet from sweat, or broken... I'm due an upgrade but waiting on note 3 or price drop on note 2 and an extended battery for it.
if I just used the OEM battery it'd be dead in 3 hours or less since my data is on all the time...

knoshann

Mar 27, 2011
Weatherford
I have one in 24/7. I keep it in my shirt pocket, run a ranch, no extra case/cover. I'm on 4g only, no real internet out here where the bear does his business.
Doesn't fall out, get too wet from sweat, or broken... I'm due an upgrade but waiting on note 3 or price drop on note 2 and an extended battery for it.
if I just used the OEM battery it'd be dead in 3 hours or less since my data is on all the time...

Which battery do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

bigbuc

Mar 1, 2012
Texas
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8+
The tmart <$10 one for i717... I had two because going to 4g only ate my battery and I thought it was just wearing out.

I found it was easier to hold...fit ok in my shirt pocket.
When I syill had satellite internet it lasted all day usually. But I think I'm getting almost the same performance out of the i317 oem battery.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Here's the link I forgot

http://bit.ly/15j1YAW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I find pros and cons. The extended battery does make it easier to grip. But of course its harder to put in a pocket.

I use one all the time.

Yes... I have grown used to the look, but when I take out my phone in public, people do ask "what the heck is that?"

I don't think it is as ridiculous, but people do. But, it is nice when you are on the road. I lasted almost 3 full days in the mountains with the extended and stock batteries.
    yes, no problems with the case for everyday use, however you might find using the phone with one hand isn't as easy anymore.

I consider myself pretty good with one hand on the Note, but the extended battery makes that a real challenge.

wow, talk about grabbing your ankles! I bet you paid extra taxes too

I don't know why everybody complains about the size.... i mean DUUUHHHH it's gonna be friggin huge it's 5400mah..... Still though, never had an issue with putting it in my pockets... if people having that issue, they need to stop wearing them damn skinny girl jeans ....