[ROOT] [How To] Root Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD Version 7.4.7

In Your Opinion, The Instructions Were Easy?

• Total voters
Search This thread

bjw1491

Jul 22, 2013
Bit of a noob when it comes to the Kindle Fire. Not trying to flash a full rom or anything, just want to achieve root.

Have looked at a few others that were for the OS 7.4.3 both the Bin4ary method and the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888. The device updated itself to 7.4.6 using OTA just the other night and is currently running that.

Using Windows 7 (64bit) I have started with as clean a slate as I know how and followed the steps listed below.

1. I downloaded the files in Step 1.

2. Extracted the files.

3. I've removed any Kindle drivers both from the Device Manager as well as the Programs & Features found in the Control Panel. I've actually tried this twice with the Kindle connected, and with the Kindle disconnected. Both resulting with no Kindle drivers showing.

4. The dropbox link is broken, but I was able to download the KindleDrivers.exe from the Google Drive link and install them.

5. Kindle was already set with ADB Enabled from previous attempts.

6. Kindle connected, shows under Portable Devices - I have noticed others saying that it should have it's own actual Kindle Fire listing in the devices and not be a subsection of Portable Devices. This method mentions nothing of that really so I continued to the next step.

7. This is where it stops. Runme.bat loads fine and I chose Option 1, and then it just sits there with "Please connect Device with USB-Debugging to your computer" and that's it. The Kindle connects, shows in both Device Manager and Explorer. I can technically browse the Kindles file structure on the PC in Explorer.

Step 8 says to select the option "Backup My Data" - but I cannot find any option to backup the device as shown in the screens. The only "backup" option that shows is to sync it to the cloud. Where is this option to be found or have I missed a step that would have included this option somewhere?

I should note that running "adb devices" from a command line loads the ADB daemon and lists no devices connected before putting me back at a C:\ prompt. I had downloaded the full ADB SDK with all tools etc. from the Android development site.

As others have gotten this to work in 5minutes with minimal hair pulling, I am confused as to which point I'm going wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

You Can Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.6 With The Bin4ry Method.

Step By Step Instructions:

- Step 1: Download The View attachment 2092604.

- Step 2: Extract The File.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
View attachment 2095941

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.
View attachment 2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).
View attachment 2095943 View attachment 2095944

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot 2 Times.

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.
View attachment 2095944

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.
View attachment 2095946

You're Done!
Now Your Amazon Kindle Fire HD Has Root Access.

arminyack

Nov 29, 2012
Bit of a noob when it comes to the Kindle Fire. Not trying to flash a full rom or anything, just want to achieve root.

Have looked at a few others that were for the OS 7.4.3 both the Bin4ary method and the thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888. The device updated itself to 7.4.6 using OTA just the other night and is currently running that.

Using Windows 7 (64bit) I have started with as clean a slate as I know how and followed the steps listed below.

2. Extracted the files.

3. I've removed any Kindle drivers both from the Device Manager as well as the Programs & Features found in the Control Panel. I've actually tried this twice with the Kindle connected, and with the Kindle disconnected. Both resulting with no Kindle drivers showing.

4. The dropbox link is broken, but I was able to download the KindleDrivers.exe from the Google Drive link and install them.

6. Kindle connected, shows under Portable Devices - I have noticed others saying that it should have it's own actual Kindle Fire listing in the devices and not be a subsection of Portable Devices. This method mentions nothing of that really so I continued to the next step.

7. This is where it stops. Runme.bat loads fine and I chose Option 1, and then it just sits there with "Please connect Device with USB-Debugging to your computer" and that's it. The Kindle connects, shows in both Device Manager and Explorer. I can technically browse the Kindles file structure on the PC in Explorer.

Step 8 says to select the option "Backup My Data" - but I cannot find any option to backup the device as shown in the screens. The only "backup" option that shows is to sync it to the cloud. Where is this option to be found or have I missed a step that would have included this option somewhere?

I should note that running "adb devices" from a command line loads the ADB daemon and lists no devices connected before putting me back at a C:\ prompt. I had downloaded the full ADB SDK with all tools etc. from the Android development site.

As others have gotten this to work in 5minutes with minimal hair pulling, I am confused as to which point I'm going wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I am having the same trouble....any guidance here?

Reactions: Notion3350

tapman

Aug 16, 2013
Same here

I'm running in the same problem. I'm able to get through the whole batch file but I get the following error:

Code:
remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist

The batch file continues until the end saying that it was successful, but I'm not seeing the su app listed.

I do see the kindle fire listed as it's own device and driver installed just fine. It's clearly connecting to the kindle just fine as the commands for backing up and restoring go through fine.

I've tried running as admin and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Not sure where to go from here. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am having the same trouble....any guidance here?

zZorr0

Aug 17, 2013
Durban

2. Extracted the files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Yip - me too - same issue - I plug the Kindle back in - PC see's it just fine but no option on the kindle to backup?

zZorr0

Aug 17, 2013
Durban
I have the solution thanx to info in a different string...

I have the solution thanx to info in a different string by CoB_Mike

check out this link:

I did this and ran the whole thing from Point 1-8 and it worked perfect...

Just take a little digging in the forums I guess. :cowboy:

aztr0

Apr 17, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I used to have root access using the Noob way and I was sure to have disabled OTA with their mod too. Anyways, I lost root when an update went through. Anyways, I did the above and I didn't have to do the last step after the 2 reboots, I ran root check and it verified that I have access. Thanks.:good:

srknndy

Aug 25, 2013
works great, but no superuser app

I am able to go through all the steps, seems as though everything is fine, but when the end comes, I have no superuser app on the device. Is it possible it is hiding somewhere besides the app window?
i have the kindle hd 7 with 7.4.6

You Can Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.6 With The Bin4ry Method.

- Step 3: This Step Is Very Important. Uninstall Any Drivers You Have For The Kindle Fire HD. Connect Your Kindle To The PC Via USB. Press The Windows Start Button And Search "Device Manager" Go to >Portable Devices. "Right Click" On Kindle And Choose "Properties". Go to "Driver" and Click "Uninstall". Then Unplug the Kindle From the PC.

- Step 4: Now Download And Install Kindle Fire ADB Drivers. (Dropox Link) (Google Drive Link)

- Step 5: Now On your Kindle Fire HD Go To "Settings" Then >Security. Mark "Enable ADB" - ON.
View attachment 2095941

- Step 6: Connect The Kindle Fire HD To The PC Via USB. Wait Till Automatic Installation Completes And Kindle is Recognized.

- Step 7: Navigate To The Folder Where You Extracted The Bin4ry Method And "Double Click" the "RunMe.bat" File And Choose Option 1.
View attachment 2118382

- Step 8: On The Kindle Fire HD Select The Option "Backup My Data" And Wait Till The Backup Completes (When The Backup Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Then Select The Option "Restore My Data" (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key).

- Step 10: When Your Device Boot Select Select The Option "Restore My Data" Once Again (This Will Not Erase Any Data Or Files) And Wait Till The Restore Completes (When The Restore Completes, On The Computer Press Any Key). Your Device Will Reboot Once Again.
View attachment 2095944

- Step 11: When Your Device Boot, Unlock Your Device And Go To "Apps Drawer", You Should See The "Superuser" App.
View attachment 2095946

You're Done!

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
Stuck at "Please connect Device"

When following all instructions, it appears as ADB Composite Device and NOT at the same time after installing these drivers, but bin4ry won't detect. I uninstalled ALL drivers and still no good. I check to see if detected by ADB using "adb devices" but not detected either. I have a Windows XP old Dell, have Android SDK, have drivers and bin4ry, what am I missing?

---------- Post added 26th August 2013 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 25th August 2013 at 11:24 PM ----------

Now bin4ry says failed. So I'm wondering if I need an internet connection. This old Dell I use has no WiFi card, it's OLD and my HP 2000 I used before is pretty much dead. So if an internet connection is required, are there any alternatives cause I no longer have other WiFi devices except this Kindle?

daishinaga

Aug 26, 2013
I am new here and I too am having an issue with the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message.

Here is what I have found

I have a Kindle Fire HD with Version 7.4.6

I noticed something that might help pinpoint the problem...

During the Restore My Data step (8)
"Restore started" is displayed on the Kindle
"Restore ended" is then displayed displayed on the Kindle a second or two later
then the cmd prompt displays the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message

During the second Restore My Data step (10)
"Restore ended" is again displayed for a second or two later

Since the Restore My Data does not complete actually complete (Doesn't say Restore Finished) for whatever reason, no 'ric' file is created.

Please help resolve this issue. I have finally decide to root and now I am not able too.

Hope this helps.I await eagerly for a resolution to this problem.

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
I am new here and I too am having an issue with the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message.

Here is what I have found

I have a Kindle Fire HD with Version 7.4.6

I noticed something that might help pinpoint the problem...

During the Restore My Data step (8)
"Restore ended" is then displayed displayed on the Kindle a second or two later
then the cmd prompt displays the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message

During the second Restore My Data step (10)
"Restore ended" is again displayed for a second or two later

Since the Restore My Data does not complete actually complete (Doesn't say Restore Finished) for whatever reason, no 'ric' file is created.

Please help resolve this issue. I have finally decide to root and now I am not able too.

Hope this helps.I await eagerly for a resolution to this problem.

I kinda had the same issue when I finally got it to work. But my issue was how it didn't restore properly on the last part. Can't quite remember the issue but it caused me a boot loop when I went to install the second boot loader and TWRP. Thankfully TWRP flashed properly and I was able to just flash a different ROM and jump off that dreadful Kindle software. And don't let your battery die even after successfully rooted as that's how my last KFHD7 died. Never modded a thing, just rooted and when the battery died, it would start up stuck on the Kindle Fire logo.

daishinaga

Aug 26, 2013
An update

After some more digging on the internet I realized that even though you get the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message, and it finished, the device is rooted. One place just ignored the Restore My Data step and had the same error message. Then they said to go into ES File Explorer to the Root Explorer and change the settings and it asked for root access and I granted it.

So I guess the device is rooted but it is not as obvious with a Superuser App Icon in the App shelf, like others.

Now I just need to get a different launcher to work on it. My first attempt soft bricked it, but after a half hour of fighting with it I got it fixed. Believe me it was not fun dealing with that loop.

Reactions: pinn___________

Crossvxm

May 26, 2013
New York
Yup

After some more digging on the internet I realized that even though you get the "remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist" message, and it finished, the device is rooted. One place just ignored the Restore My Data step and had the same error message. Then they said to go into ES File Explorer to the Root Explorer and change the settings and it asked for root access and I granted it.

So I guess the device is rooted but it is not as obvious with a Superuser App Icon in the App shelf, like others.

Now I just need to get a different launcher to work on it. My first attempt soft bricked it, but after a half hour of fighting with it I got it fixed. Believe me it was not fun dealing with that loop.

I had that same error but successfully rooted. if you havent tossed in a second bootloader yet with TWRP, make sure you download a ROM before hand incase the regular Kindle OS doesnt wanna boot. In my case I didnt do that and I had to wait for my brother to swing by in the morning in order to use his phone to download one and toss it in my computer to then toss it into the phone using ADB to push it thru TWRP. I followed all instructions on the thread to installing the second bootloader but a nice bootloop along with TWRP and the 2nd bootloader was what I got. Pushing the custom ROM is cake. The hard part was getting Windows XP to accept the Kindle driver while in TWRP. Once that was cleared out I pushed CM10.1, flashed it and it booted up no problem. What ever happened to the regular Kindle OS? Believe me I could care less about that headache. I also had a fastboot cableI made for my previous Kindle Fire at the ready in case something went bad. But since I couldnt do the backup on Step 2 of the following thread, a fastboot cable was pointless to have. This was the thread I used instead of Hashcode's old one.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277105

spongle69

Aug 29, 2013
root kindle 7.6.4

View attachment 2095941

View attachment 2118382

View attachment 2095944

View attachment 2095946

You're Done!

I have tried these methods several times but still get cannot find specified path

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll Show You How To Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.7 (This Also Works For Older Versions) With The Bin4ry Method.

- Step 1: Download The View attachment Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33.zip.

Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-01-47.jpg

View attachment 2118382

Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-07.jpg Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot. When The Kindle Boot The First Time (It Will Be Sluggish), Unlock It And Wait The Other Reboot.

Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-55-51.jpg

Screenshot_2013-07-05-00-54-42.jpg

You're Done!
    #su here!

Thanks it worked like a charm...Next Step!!

2. Extracted the files.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 2095941

View attachment 2118382

View attachment 2095944

View attachment 2095946

You're Done!
    It's Safe

Yeah It's Safe. Use The Las Version Of The Bin4ry Method
    Links are dead..

Links listed herein are not working any longer

I'll Show You How To Root Your Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD In Version 7.4.7 (This Also Works For Older Versions) With The Bin4ry Method.

- Step 1: Download The View attachment 2476937.

View attachment 2095941

View attachment 2118382

- Step 9: Your Device Will Reboot. When The Kindle Boot The First Time (It Will Be Sluggish), Unlock It And Wait The Other Reboot.

View attachment 2095944

View attachment 2095946

You're Done!