Are you satisfied with your Z Ultra?

Search This thread

lildaddym

Mar 7, 2013
Texas City
I'd really like to have one, but there are a couple of issues: The screen...if I bought a used one, for example, can I get the warranty honored? Secondly, the SOD: Has it been solved?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I'd really like to have one, but there are a couple of issues: The screen...if I bought a used one, for example, can I get the warranty honored? Secondly, the SOD: Has it been solved?

I'm very happy with my two (one as a incar GPS/test box). Good luck on warranty on a used one, Sony here in NZ didn't want to know for my second one (I brought it broken), although they are a gray import here.

The sleep of death was solved a long time ago on one of the 4.2 updates. There is 4.4.4 kicking around noe.

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Yes, i am very satisfied with Z Ultra. Nope the chances for me to go back to small screen is very much gone... Unless no Z2 Ultra in the future.

But as of now, Z Ultra is really great. never got satisfied more than this. Battery Life might need to be better but 5 hour real time screen time average is very respectable for such screen size and power engine :)

tsiros

Jan 13, 2006
horribly glitchy, unpredictable, can't depend on it, countless small little annoyances everywhere

but every android phone is like that... at least this one has a huge screen and is rather fast so yeah i guess

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
pVGWCvU.gif

DIGITALIZOR

Jul 6, 2014
Belgium - Namur
YES, I AM

Except when I'm learning now how to create a custom recovery...
And I don't understand anything, I locked back my bootloader... Still rooted on stock .108

I'm trying to create a website dedicated for this C6833
To avoid any confusion between the Z1 and our Z Ultra
(even if they are pretty close the same)

(I'm recreating a new account on XDA because I forgot my old one, and those 10 posts minimum gets me very angry)

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York
I am very happy with my C6802 almost 11 months after getting it (bought it early August last year). It is still unsurpassed and despite about three weeks before root was possible (vRoot unfortunately), the arrival of GPe got things going.

It is the best phablet made to this date; I don't consider any other device close beside the Oppo Find 7. The only thing I am worried about is the lack of any successor rumor or even information about upcoming devices in the same category. The only competitors I know about right now is the Oppo N1 and Huawei Ascend Mate 2, both with weaker hardware.

My requirements for a new device is Snapdragon 810/815, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 6.5-7 inch screen, keyboard cover as an option, camera not important (have the QX10 for that), microSDXC slot and... either Google vanilla/Android Silver or CM-based. Sony implementation is OK.

I guess next year will bring those things to the table but it would be great with some decent phablets this fall since it would indicate that the segment is alive and well. Right now, the Ultra is in a class of its own and any other device means compromising on the core: a solution that is a true tablet replacement with great software.

Edit: The GPe ROM paired with Xposed Framework and optimized Dalvik libraries (compensating for the ART/Xposed issue) make the Ultra a completely superior phablet. I have tried the Note 3 (which is hyped as being such a great device) several times and it is far, far behind the Ultra in every aspect besides the camera. The best features of it such as multiwindow is available on the Ultra through Xposed and it works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordManhattan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am very happy with my C6802 almost 11 months after getting it (bought it early August last year). It is still unsurpassed and despite about three weeks before root was possible (vRoot unfortunately), the arrival of GPe got things going.

It is the best phablet made to this date; I don't consider any other device close beside the Oppo Find 7. The only thing I am worried about is the lack of any successor rumor or even information about upcoming devices in the same category. The only competitors I know about right now is the Oppo N1 and Huawei Ascend Mate 2, both with weaker hardware.

My requirements for a new device is Snapdragon 810/815, 4 GB RAM, 64 GB internal storage, 6.5-7 inch screen, keyboard cover as an option, camera not important (have the QX10 for that), microSDXC slot and... either Google vanilla/Android Silver or CM-based. Sony implementation is OK.

I guess next year will bring those things to the table but it would be great with some decent phablets this fall since it would indicate that the segment is alive and well. Right now, the Ultra is in a class of its own and any other device means compromising on the core: a solution that is a true tablet replacement with great software.

Edit: The GPe ROM paired with Xposed Framework and optimized Dalvik libraries (compensating for the ART/Xposed issue) make the Ultra a completely superior phablet. I have tried the Note 3 (which is hyped as being such a great device) several times and it is far, far behind the Ultra in every aspect besides the camera. The best features of it such as multiwindow is available on the Ultra through Xposed and it works great.