[Q] is it a hard brick?

Search This thread

raylam11

Aug 21, 2013
I have got boot loop and can't open download mode or recovery mode either.

how to fix it?

kadir456

Nov 11, 2013
Yes, Hardbricked!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (Temasek Unofficial V27)
Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel-CM11-2.1-Beta8-

k2evil

Dec 16, 2013
I have got boot loop and can't open download mode or recovery mode either.

how to fix it?

First try to remove battery for 15min... then try to boot your phone into download mode...
if it still stuck in boot loop, you have to build a USB JIG... You can buy it from a phone service, it's about 10$ but it's possible to build it by yourself
You have to connect a 301 Kilo Ohm, to number 4 and 5 and connect it to your phone... and your phone boots into downloads mode automatically...
Micro-USB.jpg

I can't explain it completely because it's to complex for my English :D
But you can Google it...

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

It's a video for build a Jig USB for galaxy s2, but it's also work for I9300...
How to Make a USB Jig for your Galaxy S2!
But he used three 100K Ohm resistors, if it doesn't work for you, add a 1K Ohm resistor to be totally 301K Ohm

raylam11

Aug 21, 2013
What happens when u try to go into recovery or download mode? I assume u know yr button combo also are u on stock or custom?

custom rom. actually it bricked twice,
first time is soft bricked because of CWM's 07 error.force go to recovery at that time but it works on usb plug. So I flash to cm11 form the computer.
there are lots of mainland's apps (maybe someone modify it)and keep fc all the google's app so i want to flash back to stock and find the official cm11(android 4.4.2) for s3.
I can't go the recovery or download mode MANUALLYwhen i flash that cm11 MANUALLY
it works on my computer recovery command when plug in.
then i used odin flash stock rom but it keeps error
finally. hard brick . Can't go into recovery or download mode
Keep loading on cm logo

go to recovery or download mode ,
the normal process is : samsung logo> recovery
now mine is : samsung logo> reboot > samsung logo > keep loading on cm logo
if I hold on two button : samsung logo> reboot > samsung logo> reboot > samsung logo> reboot > LOOP...........................................
Hope you guys understand my sucks English....

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
If you had an error during odin flash and volume down, home and power button combination won't get you to download mode then your bootloader is corrupt.

Bootloader on these phones is pretty robust and hard to break, which is good because it's the last hope.

Yes you now have a brick, only a jig or a new motherboard will cure it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk