[Q] LCD density problems.

Search This thread

calebcaudill

May 20, 2011
Hampton, VA
So I changed my LCD density to 300 using Rom Toolbox Pro and theres a lot of problems. My home screen and app drawer were just made smaller with extra space all around and my dialer is the same. Is there anyway to fix this or can we just not change the density on our notes? Also what is the default value so I can change it back lol. TIA.

Morningstar

Apr 2, 2006
CA
www.alliance-rom.com
Default is 480 - safer editing build.prop. density apps can cause issues and problems.

Sent from my CM11 Kitkat powered N9005

ROM Toolbox Pro shouldn't cause any problems. I've been using it to change system-wide dpi since the day I got the phone, without issue.

That being said, some of the stock apps just don't play nice with custom dpi. The solution is to change system-wide dpi via the method of your choice, then use App Settings (an xposed module) to manually change problematic apps back to the stock dpi (480). If I remember right, the ones you need to leave at 480 are phone, contacts, calculator, and gallery. I'm not sure about the stock launcher, as I don't use it.

Alternatively, you can use modified versions of those apps that have been made to work with custom dpis, but you'll have to search for those, as I don't have the links handy at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Jamonguyen

deeznutz1977

Jul 4, 2010
cHARMcity,MD
I would suggest you downloading closed framework. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

And app settings http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437377

That way you can sweet the DPI of apps independently.
hy6uzybe.jpg
ge9y3a4e.jpg
u7uduhu5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

calebcaudill

May 20, 2011
Hampton, VA
Thanks for the help guys. What I'm trying to do now is use 360 DPI and change the DPI for Themer because it needs the stock DPI but it still isnt turning out right. Themer is just a little off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Default is 480 - safer editing build.prop. density apps can cause issues and problems.

ROM Toolbox Pro shouldn't cause any problems. I've been using it to change system-wide dpi since the day I got the phone, without issue.

That being said, some of the stock apps just don't play nice with custom dpi. The solution is to change system-wide dpi via the method of your choice, then use App Settings (an xposed module) to manually change problematic apps back to the stock dpi (480). If I remember right, the ones you need to leave at 480 are phone, contacts, calculator, and gallery. I'm not sure about the stock launcher, as I don't use it.

Alternatively, you can use modified versions of those apps that have been made to work with custom dpis, but you'll have to search for those, as I don't have the links handy at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app