[Q] Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Downgrade

Search This thread

Jrobles026

Jul 4, 2014
By mistake I upgrade my samsung galaxy tab 3 to kitkat 4.4.2, I was wondering if its possible to downgrade back down to JB 4.2.2 and if so can someone post a link?

epson001

Sep 10, 2012
Same mistake

By mistake I upgrade my samsung galaxy tab 3 to kitkat 4.4.2, I was wondering if its possible to downgrade back down to JB 4.2.2 and if so can someone post a link?

Any help on this please

If I go to Settings/Backup and Restore and do a Factory data reset Will this take the device back to JB 4.4.2

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lakland

Jan 18, 2012
Puerto Rico
Factory reset will not work. You will stay in kk4.4.2. And there is some situation with the boot loaders that are locked on kitkat.... not sure if you can roll back to jb.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: epson001

epson001

Sep 10, 2012
Factory reset will not work. You will stay in kk4.4.2. And there is some situation with the boot loaders that are locked on kitkat.... not sure if you can roll back to jb.

Thanks for the info Lakland. I'm not confident about flashing my device myself anyone round Leeds/Bradford who could help me with this

Thanks again

emreturan_

Jul 18, 2014
Please help me!! :(

Hi guys. When I try back to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 odin is failing. I use XEF 4.4.2 for France kitkat. I want to go back JB. I want official rom.
Sorry for my bad English. Please help me.
Thanks. My device = SM-T310

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Hi guys. When I try back to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 odin is failing. I use XEF 4.4.2 for France kitkat. I want to go back JB. I want official rom.
Sorry for my bad English. Please help me.
Thanks. My device = SM-T310

If I understand you correctly, your Galaxy Tab 8.0 is currently on 4.4.2 - either NE9 or NG1. You tried to use ODIN and flash the MK1 (4.2.2), but it failed.

Firstly, I haven't downgraded modem or the whole firmware myself on my Galaxy Tab 3, but I did it for my Galaxy S4 phone. It requires that you flash it twice. Here is what I would do.

1. Go back to SamMobile, and download the Kitkat firmware that you currently have (NE9 or NG1). Use ODIN to flash it and make sure that ODIN is working. This serves as your safety net; i.e., whenever things go wrong, you know you can at least bring your tablet back to a working state.

2. Now try to downgrade just the modem (not the entire firmware).
Read Post #19 on this page. This is what you need to do for "flashing the modem twice with ODIN".
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-att/general/modem-4-4-2-i337mumufne3-t2815999/page2

To get your own modem.bin file, you need to extract it from the md5 file:
- find the MK1 md5 file you downloaded from SamMobile earlier,
- unzip it, and you will see the modem.bin file

3. Finally, use ODIN to flash the entire firmware (MK1 md5).

Proceed at your own risk.
Good luck.

Last edited:

emreturan_

Jul 18, 2014
Failed Againnnn :(

I'm tried. But I failed again. Sorry I'm Turkish. I'm not understand you. Do you know turkish? :confused:
If you know turkish, please reply this message. Help me.
Sorry for my bad English
Thanks, I'm Emre:eek:

Tromatic

Feb 24, 2013
Try this:
GalaxyTab3 Toolkit v1.1

Get the TWRP recovery installed on your GTab, then flash the GalaTab ROM. It's not hard, it just seems like it from some of the failures and horror stories.

I'm no expert, but I'll try to describe what to do. NOTE: There may be other ways to do it, but this is what I did.

Do you have a recovery (TWRP or CWM) on your tab? If not, that's the first thing you need to do. You are going to need to install Kies, Odin and then the Toolkit.
Note: TWRP works with the GalaTab ROM, and it's fairly simple to use. Install TWRP so we are all on the same page.

Lots of stuff, but the goal is to get a recovery on your Tab. Once all this is installed, start the Toolkit and connect your Tab to the PC. The Toolkit has great instructions, so follow those.

Once you have done all of that and you have a working recovery, get the GalaTab ROM onto your Tab and flash away.

Get a recovery onto your Tab first, and the rest is easy. Try just getting a recovery working and post your results and we'll go from there.

Note: This is for the SM-T310 only!

Last edited:

emreturan_

Jul 18, 2014
:(

I'm flash galaxy tab 3 4.2.2 with Philz Touch. But turkish language is not available. My device was out of warranty. Because I'm flash france rom. Please help me. Please speak turkish.
Lütfen türkçe konuş. Anlaşmamız lazım.
Sorry, Özür dilerim.

Tromatic

Feb 24, 2013
I'm flash galaxy tab 3 4.2.2 with Philz Touch. But turkish language is not available. My device was out of warranty. Because I'm flash france rom. Please help me. Please speak turkish.
Sorry, Özür dilerim.

Sorry, I don't speak French or Turkish!

I found this on the Samsung ROM page:
Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 TUR T310XWUAMG3 Android 4.2.2 23.07.2013 1174257 Unlock Download File

I'm assuming that will be in Turkish from the start. It SHOULD be the ROM that would come stock on a GTab 3 purchased in Turkey.

Is it a language barrier causing trouble flashing your tablet? Perhaps we could try screen caps to help. Wish I could be more helpful.

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
Sorry, Özür dilerim.

I don't know Turkish either. You can try translating using Google. Copy and paste the following text at the following website:
Ben de Türkçe bilmiyorum. Google'ı kullanarak çeviri deneyebilirsiniz. Kopyalama ve aşağıdaki web sitesinde aşağıdaki metni yapıştırın:
https://www.google.ca/#q=translate+english+to+turkish

I agree with Tromatic. If you are still having problems, forget custom ROM or recovery, just go back to factory using ODIN. But...

Since you already have a French ROM with 4.4.2, you need to use a Turkish ROM in 4.4.2. Unfortunately, the only Turkish ROM available on SammMobile is 4.2.2 ROM (which Tromatic kindly provided a link above). It is unclear whether we can flash a ROM with an older version using ODIN. So you need to try it and find out.

Flashing of factory ROM is best done using ODIN. To begin, you need to make sure that ODIN is working.

You need a Windows computer, with the proper Samsung driver installed. Also search and download Odin 3.09, and have it ready to run.
The Turkish 4.2.2 ROM is linked in the post above by Tromatic. Download that.

To use ODIN, follow this guide:
http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely/

Step 1. Power off your tablet and hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power button together for about 5 seconds.
Step 2. When you see the warning screen, hit Volume Up button to enter ODIN Download mode.
Step 3. Connect a micro-USB cable from your tablet to your computer.
Step 4. Download and run ODIN 3.09 program.
Step 5. Unzip the stock firmware, you should find a file ending in “tar.md5″. That is the stock firmware you will flash using ODIN.
Step 6. DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE but hit the PDA button, select the stock firmware “tar.md5″ file and hit “Start” button. That’s it. This should take around 5-10 minutes. If you get stuck right after hitting “Start” button, try another USB port and turn off Kies in Task Manager.
Step 7. When done successfully, you will see “PASS!” and your tablet will reboot.
If for some reason, you get “FAIL!” during the ODIN flashing process, simply reboot your tablet into ODIN download mode and try again. Also, if you see some type of “Firmware error” during boot, just try running ODIN in that mode, that’s same as ODIN download mode.

Step 8. Once rebooted, your tablet should be fully back to stock firmware.
Step 9. If for some reason, your tablet doesn’t boot up or you want to erase EVERYTHING on your internal storage and the phone for returning for warranty, you can do a factory reset using stock recovery.
Power off your phone (or pull battery) and hold down Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons together.
Step 10. Keep holding down Volume Up and Center Home buttons but let go of Power button.
Step 11. Once in stock recovery, choose “wipe data/factory reset”.
Step 12. Choose “delete all user data”. WARNING! This will ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE!
Step 13. Once done, reboot system.
Step 14. Once rebooted, you should find your Galaxy S4 completely back to Day 1 you got the phone, congrats!

If you are not successful in flashing the 4.2.2 Turkish ROM, go back and flash the French 4.4.2 ROM.
You can download the French 4.4.2 ROM from here:
http://samsung-updates.com/details/30982/Galaxy_Tab_3_8.0/SM-T310/XEF/T310XXUBNG1.html
Repeat the above steps, but use the different ROM file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tromatic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry, Özür dilerim.

I don't know Turkish either. You can try translating using Google. Copy and paste the following text at the following website:
    Ben de Türkçe bilmiyorum. Google'ı kullanarak çeviri deneyebilirsiniz. Kopyalama ve aşağıdaki web sitesinde aşağıdaki metni yapıştırın:
    https://www.google.ca/#q=translate+english+to+turkish

I agree with Tromatic. If you are still having problems, forget custom ROM or recovery, just go back to factory using ODIN. But...

Since you already have a French ROM with 4.4.2, you need to use a Turkish ROM in 4.4.2. Unfortunately, the only Turkish ROM available on SammMobile is 4.2.2 ROM (which Tromatic kindly provided a link above). It is unclear whether we can flash a ROM with an older version using ODIN. So you need to try it and find out.

Flashing of factory ROM is best done using ODIN. To begin, you need to make sure that ODIN is working.

You need a Windows computer, with the proper Samsung driver installed. Also search and download Odin 3.09, and have it ready to run.
    The Turkish 4.2.2 ROM is linked in the post above by Tromatic. Download that.

To use ODIN, follow this guide:
    http://galaxys4root.com/galaxy-s4-tutorials/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s4-and-remove-root-completely/

Step 1. Power off your tablet and hold down Volume Down, Center Home, and Power button together for about 5 seconds.
    Step 2. When you see the warning screen, hit Volume Up button to enter ODIN Download mode.
    Step 3. Connect a micro-USB cable from your tablet to your computer.
    Step 4. Download and run ODIN 3.09 program.
    Step 5. Unzip the stock firmware, you should find a file ending in “tar.md5″. That is the stock firmware you will flash using ODIN.
    Step 6. DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE but hit the PDA button, select the stock firmware “tar.md5″ file and hit “Start” button. That’s it. This should take around 5-10 minutes. If you get stuck right after hitting “Start” button, try another USB port and turn off Kies in Task Manager.
    Step 7. When done successfully, you will see “PASS!” and your tablet will reboot.
    If for some reason, you get “FAIL!” during the ODIN flashing process, simply reboot your tablet into ODIN download mode and try again. Also, if you see some type of “Firmware error” during boot, just try running ODIN in that mode, that’s same as ODIN download mode.

Step 8. Once rebooted, your tablet should be fully back to stock firmware.
    Step 9. If for some reason, your tablet doesn’t boot up or you want to erase EVERYTHING on your internal storage and the phone for returning for warranty, you can do a factory reset using stock recovery.
    Power off your phone (or pull battery) and hold down Volume Up, Center Home, and Power buttons together.
    Step 10. Keep holding down Volume Up and Center Home buttons but let go of Power button.
    Step 11. Once in stock recovery, choose “wipe data/factory reset”.
    Step 12. Choose “delete all user data”. WARNING! This will ERASE EVERYTHING ON YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE!
    Step 13. Once done, reboot system.
    Step 14. Once rebooted, you should find your Galaxy S4 completely back to Day 1 you got the phone, congrats!

If you are not successful in flashing the 4.2.2 Turkish ROM, go back and flash the French 4.4.2 ROM.
    You can download the French 4.4.2 ROM from here:
    http://samsung-updates.com/details/30982/Galaxy_Tab_3_8.0/SM-T310/XEF/T310XXUBNG1.html
    Repeat the above steps, but use the different ROM file.