[Kernel][2/03] jac0b.b7.1

Search This thread

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the kernel (Ive been on b7 for a while now and have now issues) or Kernel Tuner, which I only recently downloaded a few days ago.

I did find that there is a setting inside of Kernel Tuner to reset all settings after a new kernel is flashed, but I'm not able to get back to it now because the app crashes when I open it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

And now after about a million reboots and reflashing b7, clearing data in Kernel Tuner I'm able to change the settings again. I tried setting it to ktoons again and the same thing happens so my phone definitely doesn't like that governor.

The problem happened to me with ktoonservative when I set both CPUs to it.

soulmad

Jan 26, 2008
Put your lowest CPU clock to 384 instead of 192.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Sadly it has nothing to do with CPU clock. It appears to me that it has everything to do with the digitizer. After putting in the pocket for a while s2w will stop working and screen frozen as if the touch screen gets to many touches in the pocket and simply overflows

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
I can't wait to try this with CM10.1!! For now I'll do some testing with CM10.

This should be fine to flash over rohan's kernel and reboot?

Edit: On second thought, I'll do a fresh wipe later to
do it properly.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)

Cryptecks

Aug 1, 2010
Athens, Ohio
Sadly it has nothing to do with CPU clock. It appears to me that it has everything to do with the digitizer. After putting in the pocket for a while s2w will stop working and screen frozen as if the touch screen gets to many touches in the pocket and simply overflows

I meant to come back and revisit this. I set my clocks to 384 and while the issue has definitely lessened considerably, it still happens occasionally requiring a hard reboot. Any ideas jac0b? It's certainly not a dealbreaker as the S2W and InteractiveX are worth it, but it sometimes happens at the most inopportune times.

Reactions: Simba501

jac0b

Aug 23, 2009
Edgewater, FL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I meant to come back and revisit this. I set my clocks to 384 and while the issue has definitely lessened considerably, it still happens occasionally requiring a hard reboot. Any ideas jac0b? It's certainly not a dealbreaker as the S2W and InteractiveX are worth it, but it sometimes happens at the most inopportune times.

Are you on 7.1?

hv6478

Apr 14, 2009
The digitizer should register nothing in your pocket. The phone might, for some reason, not be going into a full sleep/idle state perhaps.

Sent from my CM10ified Beast (a.k.a. HTC One XL)

tfat1000

Jan 2, 2012
Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you. :)

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
b7.1 - latest CM source
b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
b6 - UV tweaks, Higher FSB, 4.7 optimization
b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
b5.1 - merged with CM source
b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
b1 - initial release

will it works well for AOKP jellybean 4.2 one xl?

chemo1191

Jul 12, 2012
Question for you guys, I haven't been able to get a single non stock kernel to behave on my phone. I've tried this one as well as rohan's multiple times and I always end up with super instability and reboots to the point where I can't use the phone. I've got hboot 1.09 with S-ON, but I don't think that matters much. Any ideas?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
Question for you guys, I haven't been able to get a single non stock kernel to behave on my phone. I've tried this one as well as rohan's multiple times and I always end up with super instability and reboots to the point where I can't use the phone. I've got hboot 1.09 with S-ON, but I don't think that matters much. Any ideas?

Are you sure you are using them on the correct kind of ROMs? This one and Rohan's kernel are for AOSP ROMs and won't work on Sense ROMs. Just wanted to throw that out there in case that was your problem. If not, what ROMs have you tried this one or Rohan's on? I've used both with great success.

chemo1191

Jul 12, 2012
Are you sure you are using them on the correct kind of ROMs? This one and Rohan's kernel are for AOSP ROMs and won't work on Sense ROMs. Just wanted to throw that out there in case that was your problem. If not, what ROMs have you tried this one or Rohan's on? I've used both with great success.

I've only used AOSP ROMs. The first was the original liquid smooth ROM a few months back, then CM10. I'm on CM10.1 now and tried the linaro kernel designed for it, again with bad results. I thought about fixing permissions but I don't think that would help with screen tearing and such.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I've also used paranoid android, unstable even with rohans kernel

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I've only used AOSP ROMs. The first was the original liquid smooth ROM a few months back, then CM10. I'm on CM10.1 now and tried the linaro kernel designed for it, again with bad results. I thought about fixing permissions but I don't think that would help with screen tearing and such.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I've also used paranoid android, unstable even with rohans kernel

I've used Rohan's kernel on numerous ROMs with zero problems. I don't remember any issues with this kernel either. I know Rohan's kernel defaults to the max speed and some phones can't handle that. I always use NoFrills for cpu control. That could very well be your problem. I recommend King Kang with either kernel. I used both combos for extended periods of time and had great results.

chemo1191

Jul 12, 2012
I've used Rohan's kernel on numerous ROMs with zero problems. I don't remember any issues with this kernel either. I know Rohan's kernel defaults to the max speed and some phones can't handle that. I always use NoFrills for cpu control. That could very well be your problem. I recommend King Kang with either kernel. I used both combos for extended periods of time and had great results.

I've got NoFrills as well, but I may give it another shot and dial the speed back a bit. Thanks for the suggestions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based off Cyanogenmod kernel.
    Governors: AggressiveX, InteractiveX, Wheatley, Ktoonservative, Pegasusq, Conservative

I/O Scheduler: SIO I/O scheduler, Deadline tweaked

Other features: Sweep2Wake, increase max readahead buffer, CPU/GPU optimizations, disabled fsync, XZ compression, UV tweaks, GPU OC, Higher FSB, 4.7.3 optimization, Other misc tweaks, MPDecision & Thermal

No need to clear cache also, when you flash it will do it for you. :)

I have also added voltage control branch & CM-10.1 branch. These builds will be in the VC folder for voltage control and CM-10.1 for CM-10.1 of the download page.

Please let me know if you have any bugs or questions.
    If you are posting any errors, please include logcat and kmsg if possible. Also please tell me what ROM you are using.

Thanks to rohan32 for all his help.

Code:
    b7.1 - latest CM source
    b7 - latest CM source, MPDecision, Thermal, GPU OC, tweaked "UP threshold" on some governors to 98%
    b6.2 - merged with latest CM source
    b6.1 - GPU OC, CPU1 clock follow CPU0
    b5.2 - added Pegasusq governor 
    b5.1 - merged with CM source
    b5 - added Ktoonservative governor
    b4 - added multiple features most importantly sweep2wake
    b3 - updated to interactiveX v2 
    b2.2.1 - hopefully got a stable kernel
    b2.2 - removed voltage control for stability
    b2.1 - remove governors causing reboots
    b2 - corrected cpu clock stepping
    b1 - initial release
    Just flashed your kernel since I was having crazy battery drain with rohan's latest...but sad to see no sweep2wake (as far as I can tell..."Not found" when I scanned with the latest Kernel Tuner).

Think maybe this could be implemented?

Also- props for the stock freqs, voltages, and no voltage control. Undervolting is a ruse and I'm glad you opted for stability.

Hoping for dat sweep2wake and thanks for your work so far!!

As requested I added sweep2wake.
    b3 is now final
    Congrats on getting this baby up :) Glad you finally fixed all the issues you were encountering.
    Best of luck :D