[Q] Bluetooth A2DP issue with Car Stereo

Search This thread

Vexamus

Nov 17, 2007
Ok, so here's the deal. I have a rooted T-mo G3 (D851) on a stock rom, out of the box it's been awesome to use with my Pioneer AVH-X2600BT head unit in my scooby. I was messing around with themes a short while ago and then the bluetooth stopped working intermittently. From what I can tell the mix-rate of the A2DP stream changes from 44k to 3hz and all you hear are beeps at multiple amplitudes. The beeps are playing out of the buffer in the head unit until it empties then it resets the connection to the phone. It still plays out these beeps until it's empty even if I disconnect the phone from the head unit.

I don't have this problem with two other iPhones. And previous to my screwing around, it'd work flawlessly since a bought it (launch day.)

Could I have screwed up a mixrate setting someplace? I do have a custom mixer xml for boosting headphone port and speaker audio but I never touched the settings for the bluetooth driver.

This behavior is intermittent and it matters very little what content I'm playing through it. I do notice that when this is happening, no metadata or control is capable through AVRCP either. (i.e. Pandora app can't connect to the phone, no album art, etc)

Sometimes it'll stop doing it and play normally for the rest of the session (drive) after a few minutes and everything is normal. Sometimes it doesn't do it at all and sometimes I can't get it work normally at all.

Here's a video showing the behavior:

http://youtu.be/qYuuTG01x1E

jtambis6

Reset your Bluetooth on your headunit and pair it again with all your bluetooth devices.

I had a similar problem with my LG G3 and my Pioneer AVH-8500 where my Pioneer will not recognize my LG G3 anymore but recognizes my Note 3.

I fixed the problem by resetting my Bluetooth on my Pioneer and had to pair all my devices back to it again.

You will have to look into your Pioneer manual on how to reset your bluetooth.

Edit: I just remembered something.

Did you happen to update or change your firmware.

Some KitKat firmwares are missing the Bluetooth Metadata and will not function properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vexamus

Vexamus

Nov 17, 2007
Hey thanks guys.

I reflashed the bt radio in my head unit and the problem so far has seemed to go away. Metadata and everything works again.

I appreciate the heads up from another pioneer user.

Jun 20, 2013
Columbus, OH
Hey thanks guys.

I reflashed the bt radio in my head unit and the problem so far has seemed to go away. Metadata and everything works again.

I appreciate the heads up from another pioneer user.

How exactly did you reflash the bt radio? I have the same head unit and am having problems with it dropping the bt connection to my G3

Last edited:

holeydonut

Apr 26, 2015
I just got forced to upgrade my LG G3 to Android 5.0 and it completely screwed up my Bluetooth audio connection in my car.

Bluetooth sync to home audio playback is fine, but BTooth audio is completely corrupted with the Pioneer AVH-X2600BT.

I cant find the instructions on how to reflash my stereo firmware to reset bluetooth settings. I cleared my bluetooth devices in the stereo setup, but to no avail. Can you point me to instructions on a reflash?

radiatedjay

May 31, 2015
I am having the same issue. I have 2 other bluetooth devices that my G3 will connect to and playback is fine for as long as I have battery life. But when connected to my Pioneer AVH-x2600bt, I get constant skipping after 2 minutes of playback. I can pause it for a couple of minutes and when I start playing again it's fine for another 2 minutes. I have done a hard reset on the Pioneer and reconnected my G3 but no change. I have unpaired and cleared all of the bluetooth data in my phone and reconnected, no change. All of the Kit Kat OS devices I have still work fine with the Pioneer but none of the Lollipop devices work. I emailed Pioneer, their reply was for me to take my deck to a service center. That will do no good. One of two things needs to happen, Google needs to update their bluetooth firmware or Pioneer needs to update the firmware for the AVH-x2600bt. Until one of those two things happen I guess I'll be using stone age technology, an auxiliary cable.

Thank you, that is all.

kazersozet

Jan 18, 2008
Hello
I can't sent the music to my car radio according to the version of Android. In version 5.0 with different kernel that doesn't work, and with 5.1.1 (blisspop) it works. I 'm preferred the custom rom because I like some features. Someone have a solution or an explanation of why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reset your Bluetooth on your headunit and pair it again with all your bluetooth devices.

I had a similar problem with my LG G3 and my Pioneer AVH-8500 where my Pioneer will not recognize my LG G3 anymore but recognizes my Note 3.

I fixed the problem by resetting my Bluetooth on my Pioneer and had to pair all my devices back to it again.

You will have to look into your Pioneer manual on how to reset your bluetooth.

Edit: I just remembered something.

Did you happen to update or change your firmware.

Some KitKat firmwares are missing the Bluetooth Metadata and will not function properly.